Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Okay well Watford and West Ham could still catch us with a failure to pick up points 

Actually, if it stays as it is, the lowest we can finish is 10th, since Watford and West Ham play each other in the final game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

And some think Luke Shaw is ahead of Chilwell lol

He's ahead of him in the line for the all you can eat buffet.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

United struggling against Huddersfield, something very wrong with that team.

Yeah. It's a bunch of names, and not a team, led by a sub-par manager out of his depth.

I'm torn about this game. Always like to see them beaten, especially by small clubs, but how funny would it be to see Spurs fall out of the top 4?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Yeah. It's a bunch of names, and not a team, led by a sub-par manager out of his depth.

I'm torn about this game. Always like to see them beaten, especially by small clubs, but how funny would it be to see Spurs fall out of the top 4?

Exactly; names but not a team at all. Huddersfield are a poor team yet are giving this United team  a proper run for their money.

Wouldn't be surprised to see half this team be chucked out of United.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That bloke is so far out of his depth it's unreal. If they start the season with him we'll come above them. They'll start even worse than this year.

I just hope they keep him for longer than he deserves cos he's a Man Utd legend/hero. Absolute shambles of a club though. This is the time for us to show intent and go for the kill m, a d tsrgrt them. If we can't finish above these in their current state then we deserve nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Every time united play it reminds me we coughed up 6 points to that utter shower of shite 

Unfortunately we faced them at the wrong time. Opening day away and then during Ole honeymoon period. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Man U the joke that keeps on giving, and yet they beat us twice :angry:

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Every time united play it reminds me we coughed up 6 points to that utter shower of shite 

We played them at precisely the wrong time, particularly our home match as we were on a poor run of form (bar the Anfield draw) and they still had Ole's bounce.

• Like 2

Just now, Koke said:

I just hope they keep him for longer than he deserves cos he's a Man Utd legend/hero. Absolute shambles of a club though. This is the time for us to show intent and go for the kill m, a d tsrgrt them. If we can't finish above these in their current state then we deserve nothing.

Ole is the Craig Shakespeare of Man United. 

Chelsea seem to have picked up a bit though. 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Unfortunately we faced them at the wrong time.

With Puel in charge :giggle:

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly; names but not a team at all. Huddersfield are a poor team yet are giving this United team  a proper run for their money.

Wouldn't be surprised to see half this team be chucked out of United.

The likes of Rojo , Shaw are on over £160k a week , Sanchez over £300k , Pogba £290kThey won’t be easily chucked out 

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Puel in his time beat Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City.  ;)

Good.

But against this shit teams we were a disgrace. Man Utd.

Just now, worthosoriginals said:

time to let the hate go?

There's that buzzword again lol

Jeez, what a can of worms I opened there.

23 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

I suppose all the money pumped in to the club by our own multi-billionaire owners had nothing to do with our title win then?

Nope:

Schmeichel - £1m

Simpson     - £2,5m

Fuchs - Free

Morgan - £1m

Huth - £3.5m

Kante - £5.6m

Drinkwater - £0.9m

Shinji - £5.6m

Vardy - £1m

Albrighton - Free

Mahrez - £0.4m

Total - £21.5m 

You are having a mare!   lol

28 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

The fact is, due to the financial disparity if you want to truly break the status quo you need to regularly pump a fortune in to your club.  Why shouldn't teams outside of the traditional superpowers be allowed to do that?  I love the fact it rubs the likes of the Liverpools and Manchester United's and their hordes of plastic glory-hunting fans the wrong way.  

Simply saying the likes of Manchester City have no right to be fighting for titles is the same arrogant guff that we used to get weekly from Spurs fans.  It's a bit of a nonsense.

I just want teams that compete for the title to actually earn it.  Like we did.  Man City are there by fortuitous accident.  

Spurs are breaking into the monopoly that you talk about and they're doing it themselves but really, I don't care who wins the league just so long as they earn it.  There is something to be said for Leicester  being part of a group of only 6 clubs that won the PL. 

That first match of the season was largely down to Vardy not being fully fit due to the World Cup, and some horrendously biased officiating. Pogba and Fred should both have been sent off in the first half (Pogba did about 6 yellow card offences and Fred booted Gray off the ball), they committed a third red card offence taking out Nacho with a last man foul, and their goals came from a handball that was the kind of thing that BT think is completely legitimate if they are wearing a Spurs shirt at the time and Luke Shaw absolutely fluking one.

Then in the home game we shot ourselves in the foot for 1-0 then got Pulis'd. Man Utd were playing like some kind of bullshit Warnock team, 11 men behind the ball and taking a minute and half every time they had a throw in.

• Like 1