Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester keen on Roger Assale

According to a report from the Daily Mail, Southampton and Leicester are both weighing up summer swoops for Young Boys striker Roger Assale.

The 24-year-old has been in fine form for his club this season, chipping in with 21 goals and 14 assists in 41 appearances in all competitions thus far.

The Daily Mail claim that the Foxes and the Saints have sent scouts to watch Assale in action this season, and they have been impressed with what they have seen.

The 11-capped Ivory Coast international is not an orthodox centre-forward in the sense that he does not act as a focal point for his team.

Standing at just 5ft 6in tall, Assale excels when running in behind the opposition's defence, rather than playing with his back to goal.

That type of directness would certainly help add some potency to either Southampton or Leicester's attacking play.

The report from the Daily Mail claims that Young Boys are willing to sell their prized asset for just £12 million, a fee that would represent excellent value in today's day and age.

With the summer transfer window just a couple of months away, this will certainly be one for fans of the two Premier League clubs to keep a very close eye on. 

Is the LCFC management reading Foxestalk?

lol

But in all honesty, he's a very good player. Tiny, but speedy, skillful and exactly what we need at CF. A real fighter for the ball and someone who loves to take on defenders.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Is the LCFC management reading Foxestalk?

lol

But in all honesty, he's a very good player. Tiny, but speedy, skillful and exactly what we need at CF. A real fighter for the ball and someone who loves to take on defenders.

With no Europa Cup football next season he seems a pointless buy as it sounds like he won't replace Vardy and can't play alongside him.

I may be wrong as I've never heard of him or seen him play and only judging him what I've read on this thread.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Don't think it's another striker that we need

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Musa part 2?:blink:

Assalé is no true striker, he usually plays behind Hoarau as a centre forward.

In that case, he could fit in well here. Okazaki has lost his swag on the pitch as of late, and we desperately need somebody to link up with Vardy up front.

• Like 1

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Assalé is no true striker, he usually plays behind Hoarau as a centre forward.

In that case, he could fit in well here. Okazaki has lost his swag on the pitch as of late, and we desperately need somebody to link up with Vardy up front.

I agree we need that, Iheanacho seems to think that's his position in behind the striker but I've not seen enough of him. Good assist yesterday though. 

I say sign him up as it appears out scouting network consists of Rudkin and his youtube account. 

We can add him to the list of recent Leicester city legends including Musa, Mendy, Slimani, Hernandez, Cabbage man, Silva, Inler, mental defender man and crap keeper i cant remember the name of.

Edited by m4DD0gg

3 hours ago, Wookie said:

Hmm for a highlights video I wasn't that impressed 

Twelve goals and eleven assists in 27 games. Granted, some will look at the Swiss Super League and remain unimpressed.

But add to that four goals and an assist in six Europa League matches.

I've seen him play numerous times and he's energetic, skillful and a hard worker for his team.

Edited by MC Prussian

A third number 9 - brilliant news.

If we are playing 433 then he’d be a great acquisition. 

As I doubt Puel has that intention I’m struggling to see the point.

Edited by Nick