Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pre Season - any word?

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Playing at the European capital of culture, Coventry, then local to the capital Rugby and Nuneaton

About right. 

**** the fancy foreign pre season shit, give us games against the lower league sides. 

• Like 2

A European pre season tour of say Germany or Italy would be great if not all the games were behind closed doors.

Bar that playing lower local league teams would also be nice. Thinking like your Notts County, Chesterfield, York type clubs.

Just not another pointless cashcow trip to Thailand or Hong Kong.

47 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I've seen a few articles recently about other clubs and their pre season tour plans.

Does anyone know what our plans are? Are we likely to be in the Asia trophy again?

Asia Trophy doesn’t occur in international tournament summers. 

• Like 1

Some of the big teams play in the US against one another.

One game had up to 100,000 fans, apparently.

Should consider playing a game in a country where football is starting to grow with popularity and get the club's name known in the area.

• Like 1

Hopefully they will mix things up a bit - the past two pre-seasons have been awful! I know that the players want to take it easy so not to get injured, but we really seemed to be starting those seasons on a bit of a low because of it all. 

Hopefully the likes of Northampton, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Notts County. All away of course.

I don't like tours in Countries or "trophies".

15 hours ago, baker11 said:

A European pre season tour of say Germany or Italy would be great if not all the games were behind closed doors.

Bar that playing lower local league teams would also be nice. Thinking like your Notts County, Chesterfield, York type clubs.

Just not another pointless cashcow trip to Thailand or Hong Kong.

Yep this all over.

Lets have some local ones I've not done. Notts County, Boston, Cambridge, Shrewsbury.

And a home one to top it off.