Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pre Season - any word?

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

Always fancied a double header away to St Pauli and Hamburg (or a triple with Altona) but now that Hamburg have slipped down a league it might not match the mix of levels we need. 

Yeah I think that sort of stuff is in their thinking. Bochum spoke to them about having a pre season due the fan relationship. LCFC went for one with Gladbach instead. Gladbach are in top German division, Bochum the 2nd.

Bring back local away games. And make them cheap, not like £15 like Oxford wanted the other season.

Away at the likes of Northampton, Burton, Mansfield, Chesterfield etc would be nice.

On 22/04/2018 at 14:42, Bayfox said:

Didn't someone say there was a chance we would be touring holland this year. Can't remember where I heard it. But sure NAC Breda was 1 of 3 games planned. Which is a piece of piss to get to from Rotterdam on the train and the station is right outside the ground so I'd be well up for that as it's not a ground I've done yet.

But I may have imagined it :blink:

Ah! Yes, this is more like it. We are clearly trying to win the league next season.

Our players will send out GIFs of them enjoying the red light district and smoking herbs.

Definitely on to a winner.

Edited by Merging Cultures
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, samlcfc1 said:

I'd love Union Berlin away 

Berlin, Hamburg or the Ruhr area would all be banging destinations for two/three match tours. Know a few lads who've done Union away with Bochum and their ground gets rave reviews. Definitely on my to-do list.

On 15/04/2018 at 22:17, Aus Fox said:

First 5 friendly games have been confirmed, starting with Southampton coming to our place and ending with a trip to Wembley!

Sorry, are these pre-season matches or is this our FA cup run?

Edited by TonyN11
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Berlin, Hamburg or the Ruhr area would all be banging destinations for two/three match tours. Know a few lads who've done Union away with Bochum and their ground gets rave reviews. Definitely on my to-do list.

Been a few times even done the tour great ground & atmosphere 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Why are people so obsessed with lower league teams and strictly against air travel? lol

For the same reasons people don't want a stadium expansion or spending money on players. 

Some just don't want us to become a bigger club. 

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

For the same reasons people don't want a stadium expansion or spending money on players. 

Some just don't want us to become a bigger club. 

Going on draining pre-season tours in America or the Far East doesn't automatically make you a bigger club. It's the kind of thing that small clubs like us do because we think it's the kind of thing big clubs should do, rather than actually concentrating on preparing sensibly for the forthcoming season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Going on draining pre-season tours in America or the Far East doesn't automatically make you a bigger club. It's the kind of thing that small clubs like us do because we think it's the kind of thing big clubs should do, rather than actually concentrating on preparing sensibly for the forthcoming season.

No. All the big clubs do it because it boosts profile which in turn can make you a bigger club.

Other clubs don't seem to find it draining and cope perfectly fine so I'm not sure why we can't do it also.

The way we did it in 2016 was shocking admittedly. Last years was much better. Travel early if you're gonna find yourself in another continent and then come back and play games closer to home with 3 or more weeks until the start of the season

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

No. All the big clubs do it because it boosts profile which in turn can make you a bigger club.

Oh come on, you surely don't buy into all that guff. You think Man United, Liverpool etc would stop being popular abroad if they stopped paying lip service with friendlies every now and then. Foreign fans, by and large (with some obvious, notable and honourable exceptions), like those clubs because they're consistently successful.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh come on, you surely don't buy into all that guff. You think Man United, Liverpool etc would stop being popular abroad if they stopped paying lip service with friendlies every now and then. Foreign fans, by and large (with some obvious, notable and honourable exceptions), like those clubs because they're consistently successful.

We'll it's obviously financially beneficial also, which is the main reason. They don't do it for the fun of it.0

It is for us too therefore we should be doing it. 

Every other footballer copes with the travelling ahead of a new season so I'm not sure why Leicester players shouldn't be able too. 

Notts county away is on the cards. Be absolutely buzzing if so. Ground for me to tick off as well as us taking a right good set of numbers. 

• Like 3