Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Slimani

Doesn't suit us, which we all saw coming when we signed a number 9 after a season where our most important player and number 9 scored 24 league goals.

Very good option but I'd imagine he wants to leave to start games.

4 minutes ago, somebum said:

One game good the other truly shocking. Donkey get rid

That’s cause he’s never had a consistent run of games,granted injuries haven’t helped but then again the lack of match  fitness is probably to blame for the injuries. 

I've only ever seen him play for us. He seemed lumbering and pretty limited with the ball at his feet. He didn't get a good run in the side, no, but I was never particularly impressed with what I saw. Good in the air. 

In total honesty (and maybe this should be in the 'unpopular opinions' thread), I preferred Ulloa. I thought Leo offered us more despite not having the same strengths as Slim.

8 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

That’s cause he’s never had a consistent run of games,granted injuries haven’t helped but then again the lack of match  fitness is probably to blame for the injuries. 

Don't bother with that guy or any of the thick skulls too blind or biased to see that he's always made a difference when either starting or given a decent game time.

• Like 1

I'm one of few that didn't want him but now likes him tbh, most people seemed to go the other way. Maybe it's about expectation, lot of people got hyped and were disappointed. I was expecting an absolute donkey and was pleasantly surprised. 

He's just not a "target man" which is what people thought they were getting. Some Andy Carroll type to win flick ons because apparently its still 1995 and that's still what we want in the team.

I'd have him back if we were going to use him but we're probably not so move him on. 

• Like 4

Since we let him and Leo go on loan we have started playing more in wider areas and sticking a load of crosses in.

Sometimes this club baffles me. Loan out any aerial threat then spend the next ten games sticking high balls in the box with nobody to attack them. When they went out on loan we were playing nice passing football and cutting through teams with our passing and movement. Since then our philosophy has been slow build up often resulting in floaty cross for Vardy against 2 big centre backs. :facepalm:

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

He's a mystery is our Slim. Great impact at times. Early goals against Burnley and Porto come to mind. Then in Shaky's early days in charge a frustrating evening against Sunderland changed after an hour when he and Albrighton came on and combined to break the deadlock. A lot of injuries over the two season's he's been in England, and some games (Fleetwood away springs to mind) appalling. 

He has some excellent attributes, and I would be happy enough if stays. However he is 30 in June, and with two years left on his contract if we can find someone willing to pay £15 million i would take it.

Wrong profile to have as a back-up striker... player in his prime who's only gonna go down in value if he isn't playing. Best to stick with vardy and iheanacho and hopefully some youngsters who can be patient as Vardy isn't getting out this team any time soon.

if we had the europa league next year I'd keep him though tbh.

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 1