Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rn9013

Membership Scheme 18/19

I don't mind match by match tickets being more expensive as you have the freedom to dip in and out when you want/need to but as Bayfox mentioned the disparity between the two is massive. My worry is though that highlighting it would lead to STs increasing, rather than match tickets decreasing... 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I think the scheme has worked relatively well to be fair. As you say the initial cost is ridiculous and I get the impression the initial cost last year may have led to disappointing sales. 

Not sure how they can address the ticket cost issue though. Ultimately if a member is going to go to every home game on a match by match basis they are always going to pay more than a season ticket holder. The only suggestion I can think of is that members get a discount on tickets in comparison to general sale tickets. This would potentially also justify an initial membership outlay and encourage sales of memberships. 

Fair play lay to the club for listening though. 

I think the issue lies with, paying £60 quid and yet still having to pay £40 quid say in the kop, so in theory your ticket has cost, £43 quid compared to £21.80 for a season ticket holder, yet because demand dropped so far last season, non-members could buy at the same price.

It has been suggested maybe a discount could work, but as sol says the fear then is that the season tickets get more expensive to close the gap.

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Still no movement on this. Will be livid if they up the costs again to cover the frozen ST prices like they did last year. 

If it goes up in price without a free ticket included or something similar I will not renew my membership for the first time in years on principle. 

The delay in issuing membership details is a bit annoying though, especially as we are likely now to be asked for a substantial membership fee and then the first few ticket costs in a short space of time. We could have released membership details last month giving people space between having to pay the membership fee and then initial ticket costs.  

3 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

If it goes up in price without a free ticket included or something similar I will not renew my membership for the first time in years on principle. 

The delay in issuing membership details is a bit annoying though, especially as we are likely now to be asked for a substantial membership fee and then the first few ticket costs in a short space of time. We could have released membership details last month giving people space between having to pay the membership fee and then initial ticket costs.  

I agree, I will not renew if prices for members go up. I've been buying two memberships for a few seasons now and two tickets for every game I attend. Yes I would love a season ticket but if members are not getting any discount for home games that only gives members a small margin to gain a season ticket. Considering most games go to General Sale and some away fixtures and you're not bothered about a season ticket then why bother with a membership.

For me I would love to pay around the £35 mark per membership (with discount to home games) and not receive any joining gifts, for those who want the gifts then charge a little more. Give people the option!

Non members should pay face value for tickets. Simple!

If I remember correctly the membership details were announced w/c 23rd July as I was on holiday in Paris at the time.

It won't go up. If anything it will go down. Or if it's frozen they will actually offer tickets at a better rate than general sale so you at least see a benefit or earn some money back.

If I'm wrong I'd be amazed.

43 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

You are wrong the tickets last season were the same as general sale for members if I’m not mistaken. Why would the change that this season ?

I think he's saying this season they will offer tickets at a better rate than general sale. Last year all ticket prices were the same for everyone. Bayfox is saying this year tickets will be cheaper for members than for general sale.

Makes sense if true!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I think he's saying this season they will offer tickets at a better rate than general sale. Last year all ticket prices were the same for everyone. Bayfox is saying this year tickets will be cheaper for members than for general sale.

Makes sense if true!

The cost of the membership should be wiped off by the discount you get on match tickets, if you were to attend every game over the season. For example Membership is £19 and you get £1 off each ticket you buy over the season, or similar. 

That rewards loyalty imo.

22 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The cost of the membership should be wiped off by the discount you get on match tickets, if you were to attend every game over the season. For example Membership is £19 and you get £1 off each ticket you buy over the season, or similar. 

That rewards loyalty imo.

Wow. Well that is a logical suggestion. Still gonna make money as the vast majority of members will not go to every game, and cheap enough to get more members on board to fill the seats in the new expanded stadium.

I'd love to be a consultant to LCFC's commercial dept, many decisions made that I struggle to understand, and when asked about, LCFC struggle to explain!