Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel lays out his vision for Leicester City

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So there are clubs where the junior sides don’t play the same way as the first team? that makes no sense at all! Surely there has to be a method from top to bottom 

Unfortunately, this isn’t often the case.

38 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Puel wants us to become a pound shop Arsenal by buying and developing players with nothing about them whatsoever. We used to bring in players who fought for the shirt like Vardy, Huth, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Morgan ect. Puel wants players like the ones he brought in at Southampton who are cowards like him and who hide so they can’t tell the media how weak he is.

Don't think you'd say no to 3 FA cups like what Arsenal have had though would you? Or a team that finished top 4 for however many years?:D give it a rest

Mom and apple pie.

I know the words to love me tender but i aint no elvis 

His words are right.. but is he the guy with the leadership and charisma to take us there.

I agee that there must be a stonger path between the development squad and first team...or why are we doing it?

But puel dont float my boat 

Ps. Imo his in game decision making is poor also

I get his vision for the club I just want to know or see what exactly he has in mind as to how we are going to play the game. 

At the minute it seems he’s intent on trying to fit square pegs into round holes,  If he had adopted his style to what we had available rather than the other way round I think we would be in a better position. 

All for giving him more time, but he’s frustrating the hell out of me. 

Absolutely brilliant to read. Finally, a manager connecting the academy to the first team and having chance of progression. Becomes more and more clear why the owners chose him; development of the training ground and with investment in youth set up, then letting him connect the dots up

This article is even better:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-ahead-schedule-says-1462243

Attendences are down, unrest with players, 2 potential cup finals blown, potential europa league place thrown away to the mighty burnley..........but dont worry we are ahead of schedule

• Thanks 1

Puels celebration of the Diabate goal against Peterborough says it all for me. 

He fvcking loved that he plucked a young player, spotted his potential and seen an instant payoff when there may have been some voices at the club or in the squad wondering what the hell he was doing spending 2m on a player in Ligue 2 with no obvious attention from anyone else.

Give him time, I think the comparisons with a Wenger philosophy aren't far off but something tells me he has a bit more steel to him.

The man's not even had a full season yet to deal with the dead wood.

• Like 2

He certainly says the right things, but these are similar quotes to when he was appointed and I’ve yet to see much proof that he’s the man to deliver this sensible plan.

The fact we need to improve our possession game is not rocket science. Anyone with half a footballing brain can see that. The club are more than aware of that and I doubt we’ll return to our old style even if Puel gets the chop.

I do like his long termism though. That is refreshing.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear and was one of the reasons I was delighted Puel was appointed. This is a long term project, I really hope people can see this.

However I am worried his comments may upset the Apple cart. Our youth academy hasn’t changed for years. It was Rudkins baby for a long time, wonder how he will feel about someone stepping on his territory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

:blink::blink:

Bravery would be telling the coaching staff where they think they are going wrong. Not running off to the media every time they told to differ from their norm. 

We have five/six of that title winning team left who are regulars. Only one of them performs currently. Time to prove they aren’t living off one season. 

If the coaching staff agree with the players though and the manager won't listen to them?

5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

If the coaching staff agree with the players though and the manager won't listen to them?

Still shouldn’t go in the media should it? It’s not a good look for any of the senior players, particularly if they want to move on. 

Look I’m not Puel in/out. I have just had enough of players who think they kick up a fuss every time they have to adapt. Puel isn’t trying wild formations or playing players out of position. 

Urgency comes from a player. The decision to clear a ball rather than arse about from a player. If there was some fundamental thing of him doing odd fits, yeah criticism should be forthcoming.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Mom and apple pie.

I know the words to love me tender but i aint no elvis 

His words are right.. but is he the guy with the leadership and charisma to take us there.

I agee that there must be a stonger path between the development squad and first team...or why are we doing it?

But puel dont float my boat 

Ps. Imo his in game decision making is poor also

The only two people that think they have the ability to lead this team are Kasper and Wes and they’ve already scared off two managers lollol 

Hopefully Puel gets to stay longer than they do...

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still shouldn’t go in the media should it? It’s not a good look for any of the senior players, particularly if they want to move on. 

It's a cut throat business mate - and don't think it's just our players, Southampton's players did the same last year. Man Utd's have done it this year. They all do it and the managers do it as well.

Given Puel requested the piece with Hoddle and it's basically a positive piece saying what a good job he's doing and how Leicester had no style or anything until he arrived I'd be pissed off if I was a player too.

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Rightly or wrongly he won't get close to Xmas.I have major doubts he will be here for the start of next season.

Can't see it. Top and vichai have been remarkably patient when they can see long term progression plans in place, even if it's not going brilliantly, and quick to act when things are just regressing. Look how quickly they binned off sven, then gave pearson half a season to just assess, another season to build, sticking with him even through 3 wins in 16 was it?, then sticking with him through the first season back up - even then he left for non-football reasons. Puel clearly has long-term progression in mind, the owners aren't as stupid as our fanbase, he'll last

• Like 3