Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel lays out his vision for Leicester City

21 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It's a cut throat business mate - and don't think it's just our players, Southampton's players did the same last year. Man Utd's have done it this year. They all do it and the managers do it as well.

Given Puel requested the piece with Hoddle and it's basically a positive piece saying what a good job he's doing and how Leicester had no style or anything until he arrived I'd be pissed off if I was a player too.

1. Puel didn't really say that, or certainly nothing of the sort in a derogatory way.

2. We were shit when he came in, doing nothing but lumping the ball and inviting pressure on our defence, just like the back end of last season and pre Shakespeare honeymoon period under Claudio.

Certain players are looking out for themselves and don’t want to be replaced. Simple as that really. 

Both Morgan and Simpson are trying to cling on to their place in the squad and will do anything they can, including bad mouthing the manager. Acting like shitbags really. I know for a fact Morgan is desperate to try and get Puel sacked so that he can cling on to his influence and his captaincy at the club beyond the summer. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Certain players are looking out for themselves and don’t want to be replaced. Simple as that really. 

Both Morgan and Simpson are trying to cling on to their place in the squad and will do anything they can, including bad mouthing the manager. Acting like shitbags really. I know for a fact Morgan is desperate to try and get Puel sacked so that he can cling on to his influence and his captaincy at the club beyond the summer. 

Is this based on anything other than your own imagination?

• Haha 1

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Yes it’s well known that last summer Wes was kicking up a stink when we brought Dragovic in. He was chucking his weight around and it’s no different now. 

It wasn't well known to me. Have we got a source for that?

This strikes me as a non-story, even though I agree with the approach.

Manager is becoming embattled and contrives a PR interview.  Cites his role in aligning player development with other facets of the club, which is mom and apple pie, not least since Man City are fanatic about it and just walked the league.  Story gives no concrete example of what he is changing to kick-start this vision.

Anyway, I’m already confident that Claude Puel can improve an academy and “bring up” young talent (he’d call it elevage).  He is highly experienced in this regard, a huge plus.  Can he also exert the influence to align a sometimes productive, but scattershot recruitment operation with his vision?  And can he lead a group of rich PL footballers to apply their utmost to the common goals?  He still needs to prove that.  Let’s give him the chance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Puel wants us to become a pound shop Arsenal by buying and developing players with nothing about them whatsoever. We used to bring in players who fought for the shirt like Vardy, Huth, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Morgan ect. Puel wants players like the ones he brought in at Southampton who are cowards like him and who hide so they can’t tell the media how weak he is.

What kind of fecking numbnut are you? 

Well done to those players in speaking out it takes bravery imo. They won us the title. 

Only shock here is that you haven't mentioned Pearson, again. And again. And again. Time moves on, maybe you should move with it. Clearly clueless and doubtful that you're old enough to even understand what you're saying. 

Most likely a bored kid wum. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

Puel wants us to become a pound shop Arsenal by buying and developing players with nothing about them whatsoever. We used to bring in players who fought for the shirt like Vardy, Huth, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Morgan ect. Puel wants players like the ones he brought in at Southampton who are cowards like him and who hide so they can’t tell the media how weak he is.

If part of Puel's plan means we will see less, ideally none, of your type in the ground in the future, ill back it one hundred million, billion, trillion percent.

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

Shouldnt you just play the system that gets the best out of the players?

It's a good question. The danger is, if that were done, the manager almost becomes an irrelevance, and a slave to current personnel. If the club wants to evolve, the process has to begin somewhere, and of course it's not without difficulty. Anybody who has ever tried to makes changes in their life has encountered problems along the way.

I've seen that people are saying that they're bored with style, the manager etc. I suspect that what most of us are bored with is simply not winning enough matches, and I expect everyone at the club feels much the same way. Myself, I'm more frustrated that we're not putting chances away - God knows we create enough.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

1. Puel didn't really say that, or certainly nothing of the sort in a derogatory way.

2. We were shit when he came in, doing nothing but lumping the ball and inviting pressure on our defence, just like the back end of last season and pre Shakespeare honeymoon period under Claudio.

'Leicester were one dimensional before Claude came in' said by Hoddle and not corrected by Puel either, whether that's right or wrong that one dimensional side won the league and got to the champions league quarter final.....