Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

1 minute ago, Leicester69 said:

No I don't mean like Maguire, who had played a full season in the Premiership for Hull, and was clearly their only decent player...the fact they got relegated didn't mask the fact he was decent, he was/is a great signing but had already proven he could play in the Premiership.

Grealish hasn't even proven he can play in the Championship at a high level for a long period, he has played well for the last 3-4 months??

When Villa went down, if I remember correctly he had the odd good game (played well against us) but was largely out of the team due to fitness, attitude and form...If I remember correctly

He has been injured for most of this season he has changed a lot over the last year or so and has seemed to have dropped the attitude and nights out.

He is better now than what we have in that posistion.

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Too right... players like Kasper from Leeds, Simpson from QPR, Morgan from Forest, Mahrez from the Bloody French Championship, Kante from even further down the French league, Vardy from the conference... imagine buying those sorts of players and expecting to win anything! FFS... next they will want to add a few rejects from shit clubs like Stoke, Schalke and Villa and expect to go anywhere other than backwards!

Time to buy some real quality who have played in Europe like Slimani, Musa, Robert Ron Jeremy, Inler, etc.

Fair point, but you could broaden that to every player who has failed when they've stepped up/changed leagues etc, there are more than likely more failures than successes..Gray would be a good example of what I think Grealish would be like, loads of potential but ultimately never succeeds as they cant consistently step up.

We did superbly well picking players up from the lower leagues a few years back, no guarantee we could/would do so again, and bear in mind Maguire came from the equivalent shit club like Hull and he worked out...I'd take Butland from shit Stoke in a heartbeat, and I'd take Allen from shit stoke too when they go down.

One opinion amongst many

I’d sign Grealish - I agree with what others have said about his behaviours but that stuff can be managed and he’s done some young and daft things like most of us are/were but arguably without the spotlight!

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Grealish is a great player and does seem to have knuckled down this season. If you write off signing someone like Grealish for "attitude problems" as a young kid, then you could say we should't have touched Vardy either who also had a not exactly unblemished character.

• Like 2

Just now, Leicester69 said:

We didn't buy him from the Championship...you could have picked several more, equally you could pick several who didn't make it, dependent on the point your trying to make

I know, which is highlighting how wrong your point might be. I know nothings 100%, and to buy someone with proven quality and experience at the level you're at might be better, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the case. I think it would be stupid to dismiss talented players from lower reaches. You could say he wasn't good enough in the premier league with Villa, you could question his attitude, and you could allude to the gamble of buying from lower leagues, but nothing is black and white in these cases.

I don’t think Grealish is as bad as people made out. He probably was a while ago but it seems he’s matured a lot over the past year. 

John Terry is a massive tw@t, we all know that but he doesn’t suffer fools in the dressing room, it seems Terry has taken a shine to Grealish and I couldn’t imagine that happening if Grealish still had the attitude many associate him with. 

With the right people around him (Vardy, Iborra, Maguire, Kasper).

It seems he gets on well with Chilwell and Gray from their England Unders tours. Make of that what you will. 

'Is that the first installment?' Aston Villa fans react to Leicester City's £20m Jack Grealish interest

This is what the Aston Villa fans had to say about Leicester City's rumoured interest in Jack Grealish

By

Steve Wollaston

11:45, 17 APR 2018

UPDATED11:59, 17 APR 2018

Jack Grealish is reportedly on Leicester City's wanted list with the Foxes looking to line-up a £20 million bid for the Aston Villa star, according to the national press.

Our sister title is reporting that the King Power Stadium club will move for Grealish if Villa fail to secure promotion to the Premier League.

The Villa fans have reacted with some venom to the link, hoping that the club can fend off the unwanted advances by achieving promotion.

Take a look at the video above to see what the Villa fans have been saying.

Villa will be braced for offers for the 22-year-old Bodymoor Heath academy graduate after his fine form during the second half of this season.

If they are in the top flight then they will be in a stronger position to keep the boyhood Villa fan, who was a Witton Lane season ticket holder as a lad.

A failure to go up makes it increasingly harder to retain a talent who is destined to be back in the big time sooner rather than later.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that and that Grealish is strutting his stuff for Villa in the Premier League next season.

But supposing the vultures do come circling, what is he worth? Is the £20 million in the Mirror story a fair price or is Grealish worth more, or less than that, with two years left on his contract?

Role model

Jack Grealish has paid tribute to John Terry and revealed how the Aston Villa captain is his perfect role model.

Villa ace Grealish, whose brilliant volley downed Cardiff City in dramatic fashion on Tuesday evening before he set up Lewis Grabban's winner against Leeds United, has been spending extra time with Terry this season in a bid to learn the tricks of the trade.

The Brummie midfielder has been watching how Terry conducts himself around Villa’s training ground and the extra work he undertakes to keep himself in peak physical condition.

Grealish said: “Me and him are always in the training ground chatting and doing whatever. I do get on so well with him.

“I think everyone knows how much of a good player he has been and what he has done in the game. Even when he first signed I had to pinch myself a little bit.

“He is so professional in everything he does and that rubs off on us young players.

"I will be thinking, ‘do I need to be doing that?, he is doing it and look where he has got. Ice baths, massages, not going home after training straight away.

"He is always the last person there doing everything properly, eating properly.”

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Jack Grealish? He's a dickhead and a mediocre player, absolute waste of time

He does a lot for Charity. I believe one of his sisters has a disability so gives a lot back.

Certain players get this "dickhead" thrown at them when it's wrong.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Leicester69 said:

If you buy Championship quality players that is where you end up...not for me thanks, we should be setting our sights higher, same goes for Maddison.

I assume the emphasis of this statement is " Championship quality " and not just " Championship " players as that's complete horse shit, Ryan Sessegnon will go on to be one of the best players in the PL inside the next 18 months and various of our players who won the league came from that level. Recruiting wisely from the lower league can be vastly successful but as always it's about being shrewd and effective. James Maddison seems more talented to me than Grealish.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Villa mates all big fans. I did think "oh bloody hell" at first but maybe not.

Same. All said him and Terry have been a class above this season. Creative and comfortable through the middle. He'd be a good no.10 option.