Jump to content
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

Recommended Posts

Aston Villa fans have taken to social networking site Twitter to express their reaction on reports of star player player Jack Grealish being linked with a move to Leicester City.

According to reports from The Mirror, former Premier League champions Leicester City will move for the Aston Villa star should Steve Bruce’s side fail to go up.

 

 

The 22-year-old has been in terrific form this season, and is one of the driving forces behind Villa securing a Championship play-off spot.

The report claims that the Foxes’ scouts have identified Grealish for the no 10 role who has the potential to play behind striker Jamie Vardy.

Leicester are willing to pay £20 million for the exciting playmaker, and the Foxes won’t have any problem in meeting his £25k-per-week wage as well.

Grealish returned to Villa’s starting lineup in December after recovering from injury, and has scored three goals and registered five assists this term for Villa.

Villa fans are surprised with the price quoted, and they feel Leicester need to offer at least over £70 million for his services.

Here are some of the best reactions from the fans on Twitter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leicester69 said:

If you buy Championship quality players that is where you end up...not for me thanks, we should be setting our sights higher, same goes for Maddison.

How many of our title winning squad were 'Championship quality players' at one point? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, davieG said:

Aston Villa fans have taken to social networking site Twitter to express their reaction on reports of star player player Jack Grealish being linked with a move to Leicester City.

According to reports from The Mirror, former Premier League champions Leicester City will move for the Aston Villa star should Steve Bruce’s side fail to go up.

 

 

The 22-year-old has been in terrific form this season, and is one of the driving forces behind Villa securing a Championship play-off spot.

The report claims that the Foxes’ scouts have identified Grealish for the no 10 role who has the potential to play behind striker Jamie Vardy.

Leicester are willing to pay £20 million for the exciting playmaker, and the Foxes won’t have any problem in meeting his £25k-per-week wage as well.

Grealish returned to Villa’s starting lineup in December after recovering from injury, and has scored three goals and registered five assists this term for Villa.

Villa fans are surprised with the price quoted, and they feel Leicester need to offer at least over £70 million for his services.

Here are some of the best reactions from the fans on Twitter:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I assume the emphasis of this statement is " Championship quality " and not just " Championship " players as that's complete horse shit, Ryan Sessegnon will go on to be one of the best players in the PL inside the next 18 months and various of our players who won the league came from that level. Recruiting wisely from the lower league can be vastly successful but as always it's about being shrewd and effective. James Maddison seems more talented to me than Grealish.

Yes absolutely, you've answered your own question...I said "championship quality" players...I have no problem buying players from the lower divisions if they have the potential quality/ability/attitude etc...Sessegnon would be far superior to Grealish/Maddison IMO but he too would be a risk.

 

My point with Grealish was that bar the odd game, one against us, he didn't perform when Villa were in the Premiership and his attitude was rubbish...and this season has seen him either injured or inconsistent until lately, when he has possibly (only seen odd game on SKY) been one of there best players...but Villa are a bang average side who aren't getting out of the championship in all likelihood, and if they do, Grealish has already been proven to be largely out of his depth in the Prem...hence he is a Championship quality player IMO not a premiership quality player as proven when he played in it.

 

Sessegnon is unproven in the Premiership so of course you are taking a chance, same as Maddison...both would be preferable to Grealish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Craig said:

How many of our title winning squad were 'Championship quality players' at one point? 

You misunderstand...Championship players and Championship quality is a different thing...some have never had an opportunity, others have and have been proven out of there depth!

 

Grealish has played in the Premiership and was largely poor/ineffective, suggesting he is not capable of playing at a high standard in the Premiership...in the Championship this year he has been injured for much of it, inconsistent for much of it and really good of late according to reports...suggesting to me that he is good "championship quality"...he has played in the Premiership and was poor/ineffective, albeit in a poor side.

 

Which of the players we bought from the Championship had already played and had been ineffective in the Premiership (like Grealish)...possibly Schmeichel when he was young at Man City, and possibly Simpson (Newcastle) but none of the others I don't think...my point is dead simple....Grealish didn't cut it in the Premiership when he had a chance, and he has been inconsistent/injured in the Championship this year, he's now hit form which suggests to me he is a good "championship quality" player...and we should set our sights higher!

 

I'm not opposed to signing players from the "championship" but am fiercely opposed to wasting a big chunk of our transfer kitty on players who have already played, and failed in the Premiership...and before anyone dives in again don't quote Maguire to me...he was head and shoulders Hull's best payer and stood out in a failing Premier League team so had proven that he personally could play in the Premiership and was better than "championship quality"...simple really.

 

As For Maddison, I wouldn't be opposed to signing him, but given a choice between him and say someone like Shaqiri, proven in the Premiership albeit in a poor team, I would take Shaqiri every time...hence my comments about setting our sights higher.

 

Edited by Leicester69
Error in text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Leicester69 said:

No I don't mean like Maguire, who had played a full season in the Premiership for Hull, and was clearly their only decent player...the fact they got relegated didn't mask the fact he was decent, he was/is a great signing but had already proven he could play in the Premiership.

 

Grealish hasn't even proven he can play in the Championship at a high level for a long period, he has played well for the last 3-4 months??

When Villa went down, if I remember correctly he had the odd good game (played well against us) but was largely out of the team due to fitness, attitude and form...If I remember correctly

 

 

 

6 hours ago, Leicester69 said:

No I don't mean like Maguire, who had played a full season in the Premiership for Hull, and was clearly their only decent player...the fact they got relegated didn't mask the fact he was decent, he was/is a great signing but had already proven he could play in the Premiership.

 

Grealish hasn't even proven he can play in the Championship at a high level for a long period, he has played well for the last 3-4 months??

When Villa went down, if I remember correctly he had the odd good game (played well against us) but was largely out of the team due to fitness, attitude and form...If I remember correctly

 

 

Yeah,that Robertson lad that went to Liverpool has sank without trace!

?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Leicester69 said:

If you buy Championship quality players that is where you end up...not for me thanks, we should be setting our sights higher, same goes for Maddison.

We brought conference quality when we signed vardy,

and mahrez French league 2 quality,

just saying......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.7e3a063d188cd467712fbfb5b8abde64.png

 

Yep, he'll fit in well ................. however if he's been getting his head down and doing all the right things. Why not ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

image.png.7e3a063d188cd467712fbfb5b8abde64.png

 

Yep, he'll fit in well ................. however if he's been getting his head down and doing all the right things. Why not ?

We’ve all been there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

We’ve all been there.

Yea, but I'm not a highly paid professional footballer........... hence the second bit

 

however if he's been getting his head down and doing all the right things. Why not ?      :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chico1958 said:

Yea, but I'm not a highly paid professional footballer........... hence the second bit

 

however if he's been getting his head down and doing all the right things. Why not ?      :thumbup:

Kids will be kids no matter what their profession and they’ll often be better adults for the experience of doing so.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Leicester69 said:

When Villa went down, if I remember correctly he had the odd good game (played well against us) but was largely out of the team due to fitness, attitude and form...If I remember correctly

 

They went down two years ago, that's a long time in football, more so for a lad who was just turning 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He does a lot for Charity. I believe one of his sisters has a disability so gives a lot back.

 

Certain players get this "dickhead" thrown at them when it's wrong.

Image result for grealish collapseImage result for balloons grealish

 

Yeah he was young 18/19 but so are a lot of other youngsters who dont do the same things.

Can see why he gets called dickhead, Good luck to him if he matures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Koke said:

For his own sake he should probably move to a club who's fanbase isn't full of reactionary cvnts. 

 

Very few fanbases like that in the top two tiers now so he'd not be spoiled for choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Image result for grealish collapseImage result for balloons grealish

 

Yeah he was young 18/19 but so are a lot of other youngsters who dont do the same things.

Can see why he gets called dickhead, Good luck to him if he matures

I hear you, but I wonder if you’d be surprised to know how much Prem footballers get up to... and because of the new generation of youth and social media it’s just that bit more in the spotlight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Image result for grealish collapseImage result for balloons grealish

 

Yeah he was young 18/19 but so are a lot of other youngsters who dont do the same things.

Can see why he gets called dickhead, Good luck to him if he matures

Pretty tame compared to what went on in that Bangkok hotel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Pretty tame compared to what went on in that Bangkok hotel 

How an earth were they allowed mobile phones? Where was the media liaison manager? The damage was massive and nobody needed to have known a thing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Image result for grealish collapseImage result for balloons grealish

 

Yeah he was young 18/19 but so are a lot of other youngsters who dont do the same things.

Can see why he gets called dickhead, Good luck to him if he matures

Pretty sure that's what most young people do on holiday.

 

But he'll not be out of place here given our winger has been pictured with balloons, our full back was up for domestic abuse and our star striker was caught up in a racist scandal in a casino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×