Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

10 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Villa just letting other clubs know that they don’t need to sell. Wouldn’t read much into the exagrrated transfer fee, if Grealish wants out, he’ll go for a much lower fee. 

What happens if they don't go up re. parachute payments etc? I'm not so clued up on that these days, I know it only used to be two years they lasted.

Bruce's comment on the possibility of Grealish moving to us for £20m is hilarious: “That money now gets you a Harry Maguire, who played 30 times for Hull. Sam Clucas was £20m. No disrespect to them – I had both players – but how can you have Jack at that price?"

Grealish worth more than Harry? :blink::claude:

Edited by Sunbury Fox

His goal and assists stats aren't overly impressive. He basically did nothing in his three seasons in the PL but we can't judge him on that as he was still very young at the time.

Two seasons in the Championship and the equivalent of over 40 full games played with 8 goals and 7 assists isn't bad but on stats alone it's not someone you want to pay big money for who has performed no better than above average at Championship level. considering he'll be 23 for the start of next season and is already in his 5th season of first team football.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#championship/2017/2018/jack_grealish/829/829/7528/0/p|championship/2016/2017/jack_grealish/829/657/7528/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/jack_grealish/165/165/7528/0/p|premier_league/2014/2015/jack_grealish/165/126/7528/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/jack_grealish/165/64/7528/0/p#goals_scored/assists#90

Obviously Bruce is trying to big up his price as he knows he'll be sold this summer but you have to look spectacular at Championship level to attract £20m+ bids.

16 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Bruce's comment on the possibility of Grealish moving to us for £20m is hilarious: “That money now gets you a Harry Maguire, who played 30 times for Hull. Sam Clucas was £20m. No disrespect to them – I had both players – but how can you have Jack at that price?"

Silly me... forgot that Bruce was their chairman who made the financial decisions...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Kante sold for how much bruce boy?

Talented no doubt but just looks an absolute twat. Can't be bothered with players like that, especially if he isn't exactly blowing away championship opposition.

For the kind of over inflated price Villa will be asking, I'd much prefer we spend that on other players 

On 21/04/2018 at 22:00, Ian Nacho said:

For the right price I'd have him. Not sure why people are turning their nose up at him, we've bought high calibre players, such as Iheanacho, Slimani ect and they've been useless so far. You can't win either way. 

Nacho looked head and toes above everyone in the first half against Southampton?? 

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I must admit it hadn't seen villa properly since they were relegated from the Prem. I've just watched the 2 Boro play off games and i must say grealish has come on no end. Such a silky, forward thinking and composed number 10 these days. A big yes from me. 

It's a no from me, not for the price we'll pay. We've already got two young wingers who need to develop, we need someone who can come in and hit the ground running to replace the Mahrez loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Grealish is just interested in diving. The first half of the play off final has been dive after dive after dive, all followed by a request to the ref to get the opponent booked. Wouldn’t want him here tbh, purely because of the cheating.

• Like 1