Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Ridiculous post. Villa do need to sell and the world and his dog know any Bruce valuations of £45m for a young player who has performed well but not spectacularly in the Championship is nothing more than posturing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/25/aston-villa-facing-financial-disaster-fail-make-premier-league/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I wouldn't be averse to getting him but we seem to be buying the same player for our three players behind Vardy, they're all young and talented but are mostly developing rather than the finished article. We have Gray, Iheanacho, Diabate and Barnes here already and linked with Grealish, Maddison and Roberts. 

He is villas star player.

How is it ridiculous ??

Funny how we are kicking off for wanting more than 60 mill for mahrez but it's unforgiven for other teams not to over value their star players.

If we was in villas position we would not sell for any less either 

Never realised Villa were so in the shite, quite funny actually since there are a couple of fans where I work.

Only the other day one of them mentioned that Villa were a much bigger club because he could not get tickets to Wembley but if it was Leicester he would have no problems getting one:jawdrop:

Well, their slow fall into mediocrity continues :)

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Listen to yourself.

£60m for a former PFA POTY, Balon d'Or nominee and stats over the last three season that are better than Hazard, Coutinho, Sanchez, Eriksen, etc

or

£45m for Grealish (please insert his achievements here)?

Jesus.

Someone get this man a chair.

I'm not saying he's worth that or even close but when your under a contract and when it's the club's star player and when hes meant to be one of England's best young talents they can put whatever price tag on him they like.

Trust me he won't be playing for us next season 

6 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Jesus.

Someone get this man a chair.

I'm not saying he's worth that or even close but when your under a contract and when it's the club's star player and when hes meant to be one of England's best young talents they can put whatever price tag on him they like.

Trust me he won't be playing for us next season 

I'm not disputing that they can put whatever price tag they want him but any reasonable person knows £45m price tags are just ridiculous and hot air. Villa by all accounts are in a financial mess after their failure to get promoted. Grealish will go to the highest bidder this summer and that will probably be about £15m, £20m if they're really lucky and there is at least two PL clubs interested.

I would take Mr Potato faces £45 mil valuation with a pinch of salt. Very little experience in the top flight and a well documented attitude problem/ drinking issue £20-25 mil is more realistic!

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
Put no experience oiops

I thought he was the best player on the pitch yesterday. Needs to improve his decision making but that will come in time. 

He was kicked about the park all day yesterday and still stood up to be counted. Granted he lost his head a bit and is a little naive but he’s only 22.

Maddisons stats are much better but Grealish is player make no mistake. Villa are in financial turmoil now so 20M might be enough to take him.

id have him all day long.

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Literally not one person on here has said he is worth that?  X

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Has this forum finally gone mad!?

45 mill for Jack fookin Grealish!?

lol

That's what villa value him at not what anyone thinks he worth.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Why aren’t we being linked with proven players not just kids that might work out well? Hurry the **** up and get spending on players that will absolutely improve the starting 11.

Buying younger players with potential e.g. Maguire, Vardy, Drinkwater, Mahrez is very good business for our club. Buying established premier league players can be very expensive and also very short term with little sell on value.

Edited by gurru991

25 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Buying younger players with potential e.g. Maguire, Vardy, Drinkwater, Mahrez is very good business for our club. Buying established premier league players can be very expensive and also very short term with little sell on value.

Yeh it is a good idea to have those transfers, don’t want those alone though do we. Vardy wasn’t any good immediately, took time. Drinkwater has had one good season in his whole career. Maguire was never a risk and was an immediate defensive improvement. Mahrez well, that’s Mahrez isn’t it :) Championship kids/unkowns from crap leagues aren’t all you’d like us to be linked with surely? 

Sell on value I don’t worry about :) 

Edited by SheppyFox

15 hours ago, Albert said:

Out of interest how many games have u actually watched of Grealish to form such opinions? 

Not much Championship football on over here; that's the only time I saw a full 90.  Just shooting from the hip.

I'll stick by my guns that we don't need another developmental attacker (whether winger or central) when there's already good, developing raw talent.  Especially since concerns over Grealish's personality are widespread (and IMO demonstrated by that 90' sample).  With Mahrez surely off, we need a plug and play level talent.

If you've seen a lot of him and think he's what we need, more power to you.  I'd prefer a grownup, and see no need to pay an English premium.  Of course I'd pay a massive price for a teenage CAM if he was Christian Pulisic ;) .

He's good with the ball, but his poor positioning at certain times and temperament need to be worked on before he's considered as a player that is takented all-round.