Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Kits: 2018-19

Our kits have leaked. Though apparently the sponsor will change for the official announcement. Blyth is just a local Wolverhampton construction company. Probably means ours is a betting company and Blyth is for the U23/Academy shirts.

312b693716b181d0681debc9eddcdb7e.jpg36ecf12d7462376f533fe7f9e2c11ca3.jpg

Have to say i like both. Very simple and smart.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Our kits have leaked. Though apparently the sponsor will change for the official announcement. Blyth is just a local Wolverhampton construction company. Probably means ours is a betting company and Blyth is for the U23/Academy shirts.

The first one is all white isn’t it.

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

Away kit is very nice but Adidas have spent about 20 seconds on that home kit.

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Away kit is very nice but Adidas have spent about 20 seconds on that home kit.

Other way round actually. The away kit is pretty much the same as Benfica's. Whereas the colour of the home kit was specially requested, in order to be less orange and more gold like historical Wolves kits. 

Anyway, here's the proper one. W88 - A Chinese betting company that you can't even access from the UK! :)

wolves.jpg

Edited by The Bear

1 minute ago, lildave3 said:

Can I ask why? 

Ethically, there is a lot to dislike about modern football and the money in it, let's be honest. We're at a point where even second tier clubs are spending millions and millions just to trade an employee from one company to another. 

The shirt the sponsor is on is mass produced in an exploitative sweat shop in a developing country. Its all pretty tragic. 

Most of that is stuff we can't really avoid as a club, it's all part of the machine we're a cog of. 

We do have a choice about who we promote on the shirt though and I'd personally rather it wasn't pay day loans, gambling websites or any other company set up to exploit predominantly low income, working class people watching football. 

I think the rise of sports betting and sports betting advertising is an evil that makes me incredibly uncomfortable, I'm hoping we've hit the crest of a wave currently really and it'll begin to subside. There's more people than ever coming out and talking about their gambling addictions, etc. 

I don't particularly take offence if you don't share my view, I'm not trying to convince you I'm right and that you should hate all betting firms. I should also clarify that what people do in their free time is their business. 

If people want to smoke or gamble or drink or whatever else, it's their business. I just don't particularly think we should endorse it on the front of our kit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Ethically, there is a lot to dislike about modern football and the money in it, let's be honest. We're at a point where even second tier clubs are spending millions and millions just to trade an employee from one company to another. 

The shirt the sponsor is on is mass produced in an exploitative sweat shop in a developing country. Its all pretty tragic. 

Most of that is stuff we can't really avoid as a club, it's all part of the machine we're a cog of. 

We do have a choice about who we promote on the shirt though and I'd personally rather it wasn't pay day loans, gambling websites or any other company set up to exploit predominantly low income, working class people watching football. 

I think the rise of sports betting and sports betting advertising is an evil that makes me incredibly uncomfortable, I'm hoping we've hit the crest of a wave currently really and it'll begin to subside. There's more people than ever coming out and talking about their gambling addictions, etc. 

I don't particularly take offence if you don't share my view, I'm not trying to convince you I'm right and that you should hate all betting firms. I should also clarify that what people do in their free time is their business. 

If people want to smoke or gamble or drink or whatever else, it's their business. I just don't particularly think we should endorse it on the front of our kit. 

The post as a whole is fair enough, though I will massively disagree with the thing about exploiting low income working class people. A, everyone has a choice, no exploitation there for me and b, these Chinese companies are certainly not after low income people.