Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Southampton (H) Match Thread

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

I know it had to happen eventually but seeing only 3 of that iconic 11 playing tonight is all a little bit sad.

The only reason it's sad is that he kept wantaway Mahrez in instead of playing Diabaté. We need to move on, if we'd done this a few games ago we'd be in 6th.

Just now, FIF said:

The only reason it's sad is that he kept wantaway Mahrez in instead of playing Diabaté. We need to move on, if we'd done this a few games ago we'd be in 6th.

Well I meant more from a 'most of the team that made my dream come true has either left or is past it' sentimental stance to be honest mate..

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

hopefully Ivan Drago reminds us why we want him to sign permanently. 

I doubt it. He hasn't played for us in 2 months since Morgan came back from injury and Morgan hasn't been good. I doubt he wants to come here as of now.

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Hallelujah. He finally wakes up and smells the coffee. Shame he's waited for our chance to get into Europe to die.

We were more likely to get relegated when he took over so the fact we even had a chance of Europe was because of him 

Going to risk sounding like a twat here but I've played football at a decent level (as I'm sure many of you have) and dropping your captain is a big deal at any club at any level. Every club I played for, the captain was pretty much an automatic pick whatever happened because they tended to hold a lot of sway and were almost always the best organisers on the pitch. More than that, they tend to have a massive influence over their team mates - often more so than the manager.

Not saying that Wes shouldn't be dropped (he totally should), just think Puel has taken some pretty unfair flak for not dropping him sooner- I think 99% of managers would have done the same (putting him straight back in once he was fit).

Edited by Paddy.