Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Southampton (H) Match Thread

sorry but why everyone here thinks Dragovic (who was a flop in sh*tty Bundesliga and only played in weak leagues; Swiss, Ukranian and Austrian leagues) is better than Morgan (a proven EPL defender and the best centre back two seasons ago) !?

Just now, hatasi said:

sorry but why everyone here thinks Dragovic (who was a flop in sh*tty Bundesliga and only played in weak leagues; Swiss, Ukranian and Austrian leagues) is better than Morgan (a proven EPL defender and the best centre back two seasons ago) !?

Because he was better than Morgan this season

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hatasi said:

Haven't you watched our matches this season?

8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Going to risk sounding like a twat here but I've played football at a decent level (as I'm sure many of you have) and dropping your captain is a big deal at any club at any level. Every club I played for, the captain was pretty much an automatic pick whatever happened because they tended to hold a lot of sway and were almost always the best organisers on the pitch. More than that, they tend to have a massive influence over their team mates - often more so than the manager.

Not saying that Wes shouldn't be dropped (he totally should), just think Puel has taken some pretty unfair flak for not dropping him sooner- I think 99% of managers would have done the same (putting him straight back in once he was fit).

Does it count when your captain has turned into an utterly incompetent bafoon?

4 minutes ago, hatasi said:

Sorry, but you're talking bollocks.

Dragovic's a very good and mobile centre-back, proven on a national, European (Champions League, Europa League) and international (Austria) level.

Back into the corner, hush.

30 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Vardy captain, deserved!

Wouldn't argue with that, but I would prefer the organiser/motivator/b**lbreaker  to be at the back. With Vardy as captain maybe Harry Maguire can take on that role ?

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Right you lot.

Puel has done what you wanted.

Its a beautiful Spring evening.

We are well safe in the Premier, and our captain plays for England.

So I wonder whether this forum will be full of the usual godawful whingeing and moaning during the first 30 minutes when we aren’t winning 8-0....

You bet it will.

We all know that won't be happening. :D

Looking forward to an entertaining game from the start... for once.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FIF said:

The only reason it's sad is that he kept wantaway Mahrez in instead of playing Diabaté. We need to move on, if we'd done this a few games ago we'd be in 6th.

Not sure about 6th prof but if we are thinking about the future then absolutely drop Mahrez ...   we all know he probably wants to leave ...   :)

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

The only reason it's sad is that he kept wantaway Mahrez in instead of playing Diabaté. We need to move on, if we'd done this a few games ago we'd be in 6th.

He needs a win at home. That's why.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Cant we win without him in the team ? ...   well that’s us fvcked next season then ...

We will, I have faith in Diabaté. Just not now, this game is too important for Puel.

Edited by ZeGuy

He drops Morgan and Simpson after only saying this week how well they've adapted to his style? I honestly don't want to be negative but with all the media appearances this week it smacks of a last throw of the dice to me. I hope it succeeds for our sake.