Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Home Form - last win 20th January

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

No offense to the knowledge of others, but can someone tell me how setting up at home is really so different when compared to away from home? 

I mean, tactics on a whiteboard don’t suddenly become hieroglyphs and the scouting report doesn’t turn into Mandarin. 

You know i really wanted to ask the same question. Was just too scared :S 

2 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

No offense to the knowledge of others, but can someone tell me how setting up at home is really so different when compared to away from home? 

I mean, tactics on a whiteboard don’t suddenly become hieroglyphs and the scouting report doesn’t turn into Mandarin. 

52 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You know i really wanted to ask the same question. Was just too scared :S 

in my (very limited) tactical knowledge, its more about how the opponent sets up. 

If they have decided that leaving with a point is a reasonable outcome, they work as much to stop us winning, as they do to winning themselves

When we have a striker like vardy, who needs space to run into, its easy to just have a sweeper drop 10 metres back and cut off our chances. They fill the middle of the park and make us just keeping going square and backwards. It takes a special talent to be able to cut through defensive sides and excluding Mahrez we dont have that level of skill and speed.

We are now seen by other clubs as a big(ish) side, they dont come here expecting a good chance of three points, they now see one point as a good result and set up accordingly. 

Ive mostly preferred going to away games because most of the time (excluding when we played the big clubs) we went with the chance to steal 3 points and we threw a little caution to the wind

lol the problem is... we are no longer........... #fearless

apologies if that all sounds a bit simple :) thats what i am.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

in my (very limited) tactical knowledge, its more about how the opponent sets up. 

If they have decided that leaving with a point is a reasonable outcome, they work as much to stop us winning, as they do to winning themselves

When we have a striker like vardy, who needs space to run into, its easy to just have a sweeper drop 10 metres back and cut off our chances. They fill the middle of the park and make us just keeping going square and backwards. It takes a special talent to be able to cut through defensive sides and excluding Mahrez we dont have that level of skill and speed.

We are now seen by other clubs as a big(ish) side, they dont come here expecting a good chance of three points, they now see one point as a good result and set up accordingly. 

Ive mostly preferred going to away games because most of the time (excluding when we played the big clubs) we went with the chance to steal 3 points and we threw a little caution to the wind

lol the problem is... we are no longer........... #fearless

apologies if that all sounds a bit simple :) thats what i am.

See I see this a a smokescreen

sure there are teams that play defensive, but do you not think this was the case when they came here when we was the top of the league though?? 

For people to suggest it’s just a case of teams Parking the bus away from home are ignoring the fact that he has won less than one every 4 in his last 17 matches.

Burnley have a better home record, are teams setting up more defensively against us even though on paper opposition teams would see it as a easier game to secure 3 points given our home form.

I very much doubt it

32 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

See I see this a a smokescreen

sure there are teams that play defensive, but do you not think this was the case when they came here when we was the top of the league though?? 

For people to suggest it’s just a case of teams Parking the bus away from home are ignoring the fact that he has won less than one every 4 in his last 17 matches.

Burnley have a better home record, are teams setting up more defensively against us even though on paper opposition teams would see it as a easier game to secure 3 points given our home form.

I very much doubt it

I think that during our championship year, opponents still came thinking they could take the points, we were going to stumble and they all thought it would be against them. Even the smaller clubs wouldve pencilled us as "vulnerable".

Burnley is a fair point, im not sure why this is so. EDIT - Actually, yes imo, this is the reason, teams are setting up with a more attacking style against them as they think that they are more likely to win at Burnley than they are at Leicester.

Both those things said... there is also the standard comment of "fine margins" The great escape was filled with bad luck, we deserved better table place than we had all year, Champions year we got the good luck. This year i think has seen us even out. :scarf:

Edited by ozleicester

I guarantee that sides go to Burnley and are not as defensively minded or mentally ‘on it’ as when they come here. We won the league because by the time sides realised that we were actually quite good, we were already top and with the momentum to carry it through. Norwich and Newcastle at home. how many clear cut chances did we create? There were other examples too. That first goal becomes absolutely vital to get. It’s a fine line. Go too strongly to try and get it and if the opposition pinch one then their approach will be even more ‘Park the bus’ than before. Perhaps we are guilty of being caught between two approaches and not really committing to anything. 

Comparing now and and two years ago (or even last season) isn’t eggs and eggs. Most teams come here with a different mindset to back then. 

When we play these sides away, they cannot play the same way as their fan base wouldn’t accept this approach when playing ‘leicester’. 

managers look at the goals we scored against Everton and spurs first half of the season and they won’t allow themselves to get caught on the break. They look at our inability to breakdown two banks of four in the final third and that’s where they start from. If we can recruit a player or two to make the difference then things will change. if we play a different style every game then we could catch opposition off guard a bit. But we aren’t able to do that yet for many reasons. 

Anyone saying that we're suddenly struggling at home because teams come here to play defensively ever since Puel arrived at LCFC is clutching at straws.

this has been the case ever since we won the league, a point from the KP has been a good result for most. However even under Shakespeare and Ranieri's 2nd season we were able to win against the midtable / relegation fodder sides at home (in fact it is what kept our heads above water as we could never pick up any points on the road).

The problem is Puel and Puel alone, he is tactically clueless at breaking down defences, and for that reason, he has to leave this summer.

9 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Aside from how opposition set up as someone else has covered, at the top level its a lot of the 1% stuff that adds up.

Away fans / home fans encourage their time /  Travelling / changing room set up /  different general routine / varied pitch dimensions to name but a few.

Can i just ask all those who have a pop at fans booing, how else can a fan send out his feelings on how we are playing latlely apart from this?

Shout at the owners from the other side of the pitch, stay away even though we have spent £500+ on a season ticket, or send an open letter to the chairman?

What are the options?

8 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Can i just ask all those who have a pop at fans booing, how else can a fan send out his feelings on how we are playing latlely apart from this?

Shout at the owners from the other side of the pitch, stay away even though we have spent £500+ on a season ticket, or send an open letter to the chairman?

What are the options?

Open letters ALWAYS work. You have to post them on this forum first though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1