Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Is there anything to suggest he's changed his mind and wants to stay?

Has he seen our incoming signings and thought to himself maybe we're onto something good here?

Maybe he's realised the grass may not be greener and he's onto a good thing here and might not be guaranteed a start at Man City?

I dunno. But if he's had a change of heart and decides to 100% commit his future to us then would we all forgive him?

He's pissed me off big time with his antics and I was all set for him to leave for the right money, but I still think we're a better team with a happy and committed Mahrez in it..

He retracted his transfer request, maybe he did that because he wants to stay and has nothing to do with his loyalty bonus? 

18 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Has he seen our incoming signings and thought to himself maybe we're onto something good here?

Maybe he's realised the grass may not be greener and he's onto a good thing here and might not be guaranteed a start at Man City?

I dunno. But if he's had a change of heart and decides to 100% commit his future to us then would we all forgive him?

He's pissed me off big time with his antics and I was all set for him to leave for the right money, but I still think we're a better team with a happy and committed Mahrez in it..

Excellent post Muzz

i think the majority of us feel like this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will be fine without Mahrez but the question is will we be fine with him? If he’s going to sulk and down tools because he has to stay then it will have a knock-on effect for the rest of the squad. Look how shit we were when he got the arse in January, we barely recovered from it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue fox LE2 said:

If I was selling my house say for £100k there’s no way I would sell to someone that was offering £75k.

or if I went to buy a new car that had £10k in the window I don’t think the dealership would accept £7500

I for 1 am happy the we ain’t selling him cheaply. If he stays he stays, if he’s not playing to a high standard let him play with the u23’s. It’s not like we are gonna take a loss on him if he runs his contract out as we have had our money’s worth out of him compared to what we paid for him. We ain’t gonna take a financial loss on him as nobody has bid what we believe he is worth. 

We are going to take a loss, That offer by Man City is a lot of real money.

It would be like you doing a £1 accumulator that pays out £2m but you now have the option to cash out for £1m. If you just let it ride and it loses you haven't lost a £1 but £1m. 

What Mahrez is worth is subjective but if by the closing of the January window in 18 months if he hasn't been sold then he is worth nothing. We only have one offer on the table and although it's less what we would want it's not as laughable as Roma's opening £18m bid last summer. 

Personally I have a lot of sympathy for Mahrez. He never kicked off when Roma tabled a final bid of £32m last season but he sees a chance to kick on with his career and an offer that will make him in the top 10/20 costliest players of all time. He cost buttons, won us a title and got us to a Champions League QF. He signed a new four year contract when he had just won PFA POTY and finished 7th in the Balon d'Or. Once sold he'll have generated this club £100m+ more than he's ever took out in wages.

We've played hardball and I'm glad we have but for everyone's sake the deal needs to get done one way or the other. #freemahrez lol

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think it's been done weeks ago, but Man City have generously agreed to hold off declaring it, so as to not let the price affects our other transfer business. Knowledge that we have trousered 70mil would push our targets price up. Kind of gentleman's agreement. Their nice like that Man City!!

I think it's wishful thinking if we think other clubs, players and agents are that daft.  It's not exactly a secret that Mahrez wants to go and there's a big offer on the table.

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The experience of Drinkwater may have been chastening, could have given him pause for thought.

Who knows what's in the mind of Mahrez.  The only concrete thing we know is that he withdrew his transfer request, but we assume that was for purely cynical reasons, so it means nothing.

9 minutes ago, deep blue said:

The experience of Drinkwater may have been chastening, could have given him pause for thought.

Who knows what's in the mind of Mahrez.  The only concrete thing we know is that he withdrew his transfer request, but we assume that was for purely cynical reasons, so it means nothing.

I don’t think he’s that intelligent or well advised

Stop negotiating. The price is the price. Wouldn't sell for a penny less than 100 million, if they aren't willing to pay what we want than we should pull out and refuse to do business with them. Might be the wake up call they need to stump up the price we want. Like a previous poster said, if Mahrez was an Arsenal player the number would be well over 100 million. Its time for the disrespect to end. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Stop negotiating. The price is the price. Wouldn't sell for a penny less than 100 million, if they aren't willing to pay what we want than we should pull out and refuse to do business with them. Might be the wake up call they need to stump up the price we want. Like a previous poster said, if Mahrez was an Arsenal player the number would be well over 100 million. Its time for the disrespect to end. 

We've already lost Mahrez whether it be to Man City or his willingness to perform for the club. We can't afford not to sell him now, we're just haggling on price. Only four players have gone for £100m in the history of the game, two of them were teenagers and the other two were Neymar and Coutinho.

There isn't a massive scramble for Mahrez, as of today it's only Man City so we can't afford to sit tight and demand our price. He needs to be sold and I'd imagine that realisation has already hit us and we're resigned to selling him but still trying to squeeze as much money as possible. We're not in a position to play hardball.

• Like 1

Just thinking, Mahrez's ego must be taking a beating.

Only one club are willing to pay anywhere near what you're worth and despite being the richest tram in the world, they are even reluctant to pay that and instead are looking to add players and/or bonuses to avoid paying your worth. 

He obviously knows/believes how good he is. I wonder if he's shocked/upset that no-one bar us agrees with him.

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Just thinking, Mahrez's ego must be taking a beating.

Only one club are willing to pay anywhere near what you're worth and despite being the richest tram in the world, they are even reluctant to pay that and instead are looking to add players and/or bonuses to avoid paying your worth. 

He obviously knows/believes how good he is. I wonder if he's shocked/upset that no-one bar us agrees with him.

metrolink.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Perhaps we are waiting hoping another big clubs winger breaks his leg. Enter barca or whoever and we get our price.

Just hope Barca are watching Messi at the World Cup and thinking “if only Riyad another option...”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think it's been done weeks ago, but Man City have generously agreed to hold off declaring it, so as to not let the price affects our other transfer business. Knowledge that we have trousered 70mil would push our targets price up. Kind of gentleman's agreement. Their nice like that Man City!!

I agree I think it was done weeks ago but he’s been with Algeria and now he is on holiday, would Man City want to announce thier record signing without him being there, even with the transfer window being open like with any other signings that have happened already they can’t register him until the 1st of July anyway