Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He is leaving 

we need to have a plan for after he is gone 

what happens in two years when he leaves on a free ?  He is a depreciating asset. Selling him for 65/70m is not under selling him given his age and contract value/time to run 

The plan is better when we have more money not less,

As I said he generates money for the club, please try to reread my post that explains it.

So in short.

Lets say he could be sold now for £65m

If we keep him he generates £23m

If we then sell him next summer for £50m

With me so far?

Thats £50m + 23m = 73million, £8m profit over selling him for 65m now.

If we let him run down contract, that would be maybe around a £20m + wages loss, that decision I suppose would depend on how important king power value the exposure he provides to the club, remember they brought the club for exposure for king power.

Plus I am been really conservative here with what he is worth, I genuinely think if we sell him we have a reasonable chance of relegation, and all bets are off in terms of if thats profitable to sell for £65m if we go down.

Edited by Chrysalis

I think the best thing the club can o is this!

60 Million cash+15 million in add-ons+ Mahrez doesn't collect bonuses for last season from the club. Man city doesn't have to pay too much upfront an if he's as good as everyone on the deal believes, the add-ons will be easy. plus, those bonuses can close the gap between what the club wants and what Man city "can" pay. It's that easy. Just tell Riyad that if he wants the move then he needs to leave money on the table. In the end, he will get sponsorship deals that will make up for it an then some.

18 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Before we discuss a price could you let me know the breed please ? Many thanks

Make sure it's not a pointer.

Oh god I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start this honestly. I just (sort of) hope Riyad reads this thread to see the descent into moral turpitude and the scary number of logical fallacies this saga is causing.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

As I said he generates money for the club, please try to reread my post that explains it.

So in short.

With me so far?

If we let him run down contract, that would be maybe around a £20m + wages loss, that decision I suppose would depend on how important king power value the exposure he provides to the club, remember they brought the club for exposure for king power.

Plus I am been really conservative here with what he is worth, I genuinely think if we sell him we have a reasonable chance of relegation, and all bets are off in terms of if thats profitable to sell for £65m if we go down.

I read your post

i just disagree

if we don’t sell him this summer he will be far from an asset on the pitch next season. He wouldn’t be the difference between staying up and going down - I could make a far stronger case than yours that not selling him this summer would mean we do get relegated! 

I understand what you saying, your basis is that he would be negative influence on results and a such the league placement income would not be positive.  Its plausible, I just dont agree with it based on our results when he hasnt been in the team, I think he will be sold this summer for £60-75m and if I am right we will never know, I think £75m is reasonable providing we dont get relegated.

Edited by Chrysalis

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He is leaving 

we need to have a plan for after he is gone 

what happens in two years when he leaves on a free ?  He is a depreciating asset. Selling him for 65/70m is not under selling him given his age and contract value/time to run 

I realise it is extremely likely, but you state it so assertively, as a fact, when things might have changed.

Just to clarify, did he tell you this personally, and very recently?

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s a person 

if he doesn’t get his move then you think he will perform to a level where he is an asset next season and helping us to reach our best possible finish ? 

And all the while his value will be depreciating......

its time to sell ... for the most we can get ....  and that will be Man City.  If we p1ss them off to the point that they take their 60m elsewhere then we will be forced to sell him for max 50m to another top six side or half that next January or perhaps less next summer. 

Coutinho wasn’t worth 143 m but Liverpool were able to play hardball as he had the best part of five years left on his contract and was earning 180k/week. 

VVD had signed a six year deal at Soton last year.

riyad has two years left. He needs to negotiate his way out of the club because his career needs this move to Man City. He has to give something to make it all work - I expect he will. (Maybe he already has - we will never find out). If the fee is published at £63m then there would be plenty of moans in here but if he has waived a loyalty bonus of 7m then we have in effect got 70m. More acceptable for some of you. Not information we will see though. 

I think the so-called 'loyalty bonus' is causing a lot of ill-feeling towards him.

On top of being a sulky little fvcker who threw his toys out of the pram when we didn't bend over for City in January, he now comes across as greedy and cynical, and I completely get why people would happily see him rot in the reserves, even if it does cost us money in the long term.

28 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

So in short.

With me so far?

If only it was in short.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

So in short.

With me so far?

Well my friend your reasoning is incorrect as you're acting like he hadn't generated money this year. If i follow you then, the lad generated 23m so if he goes to City for 65m, 65+23 that's 88 comparing to 73. :ph34r:

Edited by Demoox

1 minute ago, Richard said:

I'll be honest I haven't followed this thread. However isn't a loyalty bonus invalid once you hand in a transfer request? Hence loyalty. 

I think it changes back if you withdraw it ...

He may well be on holiday at present and will decide on his future when he's back from it.

If he doesn't turn up to the start of pre-season training, then a deal would seem to either be completed or pretty close.

Think a deal has been affected by something not released to the media imo.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He may well be on holiday at present and will decide on his future when he's back from it.

If he doesn't turn up to the start of pre-season training, then a deal would seem to either be completed or pretty close.

Think a deal has been affected by something not released to the media imo.

Its either 

a) .. his agent fookin things up ...

b) ..  citeh fookin things up ..  ie not wanting to spend what he's worth ..

c) ..  or us holding out for a very large fee

d)  .. or all or some of the above

either way it wont get sorted until someone gives in and in the meantime he will get really fooked off and it will end up a right fookin mess ...   and I'm fooked off too ...   

Have I missed anything ? ...

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Its either 

a) .. his agent fookin things up ...

b) ..  citeh fookin things up ..  ie not wanting to spend what he's worth ..

c) ..  or us holding out for a very large fee

d)  .. or all or some of the above

either way it wont get sorted until someone gives in and in the meantime he will get really fooked off and it will end up a right fookin mess ...   and I'm fooked off too ...   

Have I missed anything ? ...

#FreeMehrez

I personally wouldn't begrudge him his "loyalty bonus". The club will make about £65m profit on him and we've probably paid him about £15m in wages so there's £50m profit already and then how much have we earned of the back of him by winning the Premier league and getting to the Champions League QF. 

We'll be over £100m+ better off by him being here because no way would we have won the title or qualified for the Champions League without him. However business is business and if we insisted he waives his right to his "loyalty bonus" so we can make this transfer palatable then he would do it with gritted teeth to get out of Leicester.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

#FreeMehrez

Don't really know what to say Wymes ...   I want him gone, I want him to stay, I want to get a good price, I want him gone even if we let him go for slightly less than what he's worth ...    :unsure:

hashtagconfused.com

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Please be honest, did you skip over my last post or just disagree with it?  

As I explained why you cannot look at it like selling just an asset with a fixed value, this asset generates 10s of millions for the club every season.

I read your post and yes I disagree with it.

Not in the sense of the financials as I think those sorts of figures you mention aren’t unrealistic, however, your thinking IMO appears to be in the style of a university business degree module and not as a football supporter.

When you say, ‘football isn’t as simple as you think it is’ you’re completely correct on that point.  It reaches a level of emotional attachment that is irrational and unexplainable.  When I say sell him for £65m, i’m not saying it because I think it’s a fantastic deal financially (although it is pretty good), I say it because  I love the bloke and I want to see him playing for Pep in the Champions League and become recognised as one of the best in the world.  I want us to let him go and move on.

Our transfer incomings have been good so far and if we land a couple of the other reported targets, i’d be confident that we’d be able to generate the revenues you speak of without Riyad.  

I understand the point you’re trying to make but to again use your own words, you’re looking at it in the wrong way.

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Don't really know what to say Wymes ...   I want him gone, I want him to stay, I want to get a good price, I want him gone even if we let him go for slightly less than what he's worth ...    :unsure:

hashtagconfused.com

Who knows; he may be depressed with the situation, the club acknowledges it and will give him plenty of time to get his head together and ultimately decide.

44 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I personally wouldn't begrudge him his "loyalty bonus". The club will make about £65m profit on him and we've probably paid him about £15m in wages so there's £50m profit already and then how much have we earned of the back of him by winning the Premier league and getting to the Champions League QF. 

We'll be over £100m+ better off by him being here because no way would we have won the title or qualified for the Champions League without him. However business is business and if we insisted he waives his right to his "loyalty bonus" so we can make this transfer palatable then he would do it with gritted teeth to get out of Leicester.

I don't too, Gerard, because like you said: "business is business". If the rule says that he can get his bonus if he withdraws the request, then where is the problem? Plus, wasn't that TR supposed to be for the winter transfer window where he was ok with losing money if he could get his move at that time? isn't it stupid to lose money that is rightfully his? It's apparent that the club wants to get as much as possible so why shouldn't he? The gloves are off and it's every man to himself. 

The Club is doing what they are supposed to do and that's not to get bullied while Riyad is looking to gain as much as possible for himself. Can't fault either party

Edited by the fox