Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He may well be on holiday at present and will decide on his future when he's back from it.

If he doesn't turn up to the start of pre-season training, then a deal would seem to either be completed or pretty close.

Think a deal has been affected by something not released to the media imo.

He was at Royal Ascot yesterday.

£65 million is a joke for someone of Mahrezs quality, who else is as good as Mahrez for that price? Personally I think Man City are taking the piss and if we hold onto him because they don't offer what we want then that in the long run will make us more money. People talking about losing the £65 mill is silly, not if it means other teams know they can't just come and take any of our players on the cheap, we sell Mahrezs cheap and clubs then start offering £20 mill for Maguire, do we sell because we've made a profit or hold on for what he's actually worth? Do we fvck, we hold out for what we believe the players worth. 

By not selling cheap now we send a message out for the future transfers from the club. 

Edited by browniefox
Spelling
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

My mate was there and met Top! The latter said that Maddison was a great bit business... I know... I know... photo or it didn’t happen... well here you go...

21532C6A-8AEE-4994-AC02-1053451F9833.jpeg

Your mate needs a melanoma check up

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Spot on & this is the attitude the owners have had ever since he requested to leave. Agents, clubs and the outside World see us as still being a one hit wonder small club but have overlooked the fact we are owned by very wealthy & ruthless businessmen who can’t be bullied & will only do deals on there terms.

Chelsea learnt that when they were told the price for Drinkwater & no matter how much haggling/negotiations they tried over a number of weeks they ended up paying the asking price at the final hour.

The owners have looked at the current market & set their price so unless that price is met they won’t budge. Its as simple as that. I was reliably told that in the January window that unless there was a bid of at least £90m the owners wouldn’t even entertain a phone call.

I’m pretty sure that although the deal is currently being delayed by agent antics etc it will eventually happen & being honest I hope it does for Mahrez’s sake. After everything he’s done for us It’s the right time. We’ll get a huge fee that will help us in our squad overhaul & I don’t begrudge him such a dream move as he more than deserves the chance to play under Pep at the elite level.

I don't claim to be in the know, but Joorabchian will be rinsing the arse out of this transfer. The problem is however delicate, he is long-term pals with Man City owners, yet he'll want a significant cut. I hope our owners can be resolute. Thankfully there is time to get this done, and we've not sat on our hands waiting to get our some of our other transfers done and dusted.

5 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

She's a small dog, so you need a small knob. Any deal comes with a jar of peanut butter on the house. 

I doubt you'd want some perv climbing atop your house for peanut butter with your dog dangling from them, what would the neighbours think:dunno:

Some forward line next season.....

Mahrez.       Maddison.     Musa

Iheanacho     

Vardy

Up the City..... :scarf:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I don't claim to be in the know, but Joorabchian will be rinsing the arse out of this transfer. The problem is however delicate, he is long-term pals with Man City owners, yet he'll want a significant cut. I hope our owners can be resolute. Thankfully there is time to get this done, and we've not sat on our hands waiting to get our some of our other transfers done and dusted.

Sorry, got to correct you on that one. Joorabchian is anything but friends with our owners. He was Carlos Tevez agent when he was similarly agitating for a move away. He caused no end of problems and City vowed never to deal with him again. I know time is a great healer, but they will be extremely careful about his antics in the negotiations.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, bluwes said:

Sorry, got to correct you on that one. Joorabchian is anything but friends with our owners. He was Carlos Tevez agent when he was similarly agitating for a move away. He caused no end of problems and City vowed never to deal with him again. I know time is a great healer, but they will be extremely careful about his antics in the negotiations.

If that's the case, I stand corrected. I believed the wounds had been healed. If it's still a sore issue, then that makes this saga even more complicated than I figured.

1 hour ago, sphericalfox said:

I think Joorabchian finds himself in a really difficult position.

Mahrez no doubt is more desperate than both Manchester and Leicester for this deal to happen.

Both the clubs can't find middle ground on what the transfer fee should be.

One way of getting both the clubs to be happy is for Mahrez to help fund the difference by waiving his £7m "loyalty bonus".

Joorabchian isn't in a great negotiating position when his client wants the deal more than the clubs and they're £15m apart on price or whatever it is. I think and now hope the deal will happen but Mahrez' "£7m loyalty bonus" is the elephant in the room when the clubs have no middle ground on price, this is really bad conditions for the agent trying to get as much money out of this deal that he can.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I think Joorabchian finds himself in a really difficult position.

Mahrez no doubt is more desperate than both Manchester and Leicester for this deal to happen.

Both the clubs can't find middle ground on what the transfer fee should be.

One way of getting both the clubs to be happy is for Mahrez to help fund the difference by waiving his £7m "loyalty bonus".

Joorabchian isn't in a great negotiating position when his client wants the deal more than the clubs and they're £15m apart on price or whatever it is. I think and now hope the deal will happen but Mahrez' "£7m loyalty bonus" is the elephant in the room when the clubs have no middle ground on price, this is really bad conditions for the agent trying to get as much money out of this deal that he can.

I don't think there is a 'middle ground' if what Albert said is anything to go by. It's more a case of pay what we are asking or don't sign Mahrez, and I couldn't agree any more with that stance. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I don't think there is a 'middle ground' if what Albert said is anything to go by. It's more a case of pay what we are asking or don't sign Mahrez, and I couldn't agree any more with that stance. 

Mahrez needs to go, he's been a great servant to the club and has generated this club over £100m. The offer isn't a pisstake, it will make Mahrez the oldest player in history to be transferred for such an amount apart from Higuain going to Juventus from Napoli.

If Mahrez was early 20's I'd agree with you but he'll be 28 in February. Man City are buying a player at his peak value who they will have no chance of getting their money back on or making a profit on him. In 2.5 years he'll be 30 and his decline won't be long away.

We're in a great position to let him go as we're not threatening winning trophies or Champions League places and we should be far too good to get relegated. He's done all he can here and he is a depreciating asset with two years on his contract left. By all means we should do what's necessary to get as much money as we can but it will be bad news for everyone if he's still here after deadline day. We'll never see that Mahrez play for us again as he'll go through the motions and won't bust a gut for a club that has betrayed his loyalty. His time here is done and he should be allowed to go and win things, our club hasn't kept up with his ambitions since we won the title.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3