Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

God Of War

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I haven't played any of the others but the reviews on this are incredible. It almost looks like TLOU with swords, Do I need to have played the others?

I would say yes simply so you know the backstory. You could just go on Wikipedia or something and read up on the other storylines but that would mean you missing out on some of the best boss fights I have ever faced. What's not to like about big boss fights against Titans and Gods.

GoW 3 is awesome taking on the likes of Hades, Poseidon, Helios and Zeus

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Gutted this is a PS4 exclusive :(

Would love to play it.

Agreed. Times like this I hate owning an Xbox. Absolute dog shite for exclusives games. All of their exclusives are awful when you compare them to the quality Sony brings out. Just a shame because all my friends etc are on Xbox, so I need it if I want to play with them on anything online. 

On 20/04/2018 at 15:25, Christoph said:

Agreed. Times like this I hate owning an Xbox. Absolute dog shite for exclusives games. All of their exclusives are awful when you compare them to the quality Sony brings out. Just a shame because all my friends etc are on Xbox, so I need it if I want to play with them on anything online. 

Sounds like the best option is to get new friends.

Just started playing this, bout to start my journey to the mountain. Brilliant start.

i can see the dark souls comparison, the fighting is similar but I can also see a resemblance to The Last of Us. Kratos and Atreus remind me of Joel and Ellie at the start of their journeys. Atm this is looking like a corker of a game

Loving it so far, really torn between extensive exploring and game progression.

Likewise do I power up and craft new equipment or save my hack silver and resources for more powerful weapons later on, I'm still a little confused by the progression for skills and equipment.

I found this a useful read:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/04/22/ten-things-i-wish-i-knew-when-i-started-god-of-war/#13656a004104

There's a great moment on this that fans of the series will love, think it's just over half way through, can't really say much without spoiling a huge moment in the game, I had a massive grin on my face though 

Edited by MrSpaM

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Never played a God of War but this seems interesting and looks impressive. However, I am super casual and like easy games as I do not play that much. How is this? More Bloodborne or more HZD?

This is my first foray in God of War and on normal difficulty I am progressing nicely, a few encounters needed a couple of goes and there was one nasty bugger guarding a chest that I wanted. I could have ignored him, but I wanted to see what I could do.

It depends on your playing style if you like exploring you will pick up plenty of items and silver to buff Kratos to overpower most enemies in the story without much problem, but you will also encounter some over powered enemies that are best left in peace to return to later, if you race through the story you will probably start to struggle quite quickly, but why race through it when you can marvel at the stunning scenery and pick up plenty of items to help you on your way.

There is also an easy setting if you just fancy a stroll.

• Like 1

I am loving this game. Having played all of the previous GoW games, it's a pleasant change to see actual character development with Kratos rather than just being revenge driven.

The exploration is great and achieves exactly what it's meant to be, a side game, in the fact that if you do it you get small rewards but if you don't do it you're not missing out on too much.

The soundtrack & graphics are amazing aswell.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

This is my first foray in God of War and on normal difficulty I am progressing nicely, a few encounters needed a couple of goes and there was one nasty bugger guarding a chest that I wanted. I could have ignored him, but I wanted to see what I could do.

It depends on your playing style if you like exploring you will pick up plenty of items and silver to buff Kratos to overpower most enemies in the story without much problem, but you will also encounter some over powered enemies that are best left in peace to return to later, if you race through the story you will probably start to struggle quite quickly, but why race through it when you can marvel at the stunning scenery and pick up plenty of items to help you on your way.

There is also an easy setting if you just fancy a stroll.

Sounds good thanks!