Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

So two weeks have passed since the last poll which saw "Puel In" win by about 63% to 37%. A pretty uninspiring loss to Burnley and an even less inspiring draw to Southampton have followed.

Has the opinion shifted?

Edited by Larry_LCFC

In. Nothing has changed since the last poll, we still have the same players, and he's still not had a proper transfer window. We might not be on form, but I prefer watching us control a game and draw than watching us get absolutely pelted all game and lose 3-0 like we would under Shakey or latter Ranieri.

New wingers who know what overlapping is, definitely needed.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

Just now, AKCJ said:

Puel In.

Rome wasn't built in a day. When he's got the players he wants we'll see faster football he likes to play.

He can only do so much, we're in transition and we have to accept that if we want to play a possession based game that it will take time to get the right players in.

Couldn't have put it better myself. 

I'm still an outy. I just look at Puel and see nothing that makes me feel fired up. The bloke is underwhelming and he has no presence about him whatsoever. I think he will spunk the transfer budget up the wall and we will still play the same sideways and backwards 3 shots a game sort of way.

I see no fire in his belly.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 4

Out

Not because I dislike him as a person, I just dislike his footballing methods. Not one of our players suit his style of football, the last five home games in particular have proved that. 

We have a very decent squad and drastic changes don't have to be made, yet some fans seem to think we need a clear out when Puel is the one that has turned them into negative boring rubbish.

The position we are in is acceptable, the football we are seeing isn't, I want to see a bit of excitement again, with Puel in charge I can't see that happening.

• Like 3

Out. Can’t remember who it was, but someone summarised the situation really well in the other Puel thread by saying that it’s clear we are at a point where the club is in and needs a transition, but there is no way on what we’ve seen in the last 20 games that they want Claude to be the man to oversee that transition.

I completely agree.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Puel In.

Rome wasn't built in a day. When he's got the players he wants we'll see faster football he likes to play.

He can only do so much, we're in transition and we have to accept that if we want to play a possession based game that it will take time to get the right players in.

How much faster can this team get?

In for now, but he's got to do something to win over the fans. At the next home game he needs to tell the players to just go for it for the first twenty minutes, abandoning his style if necessary. All fans are entitled to their opinion and if he's unpopular and the crowd continues to boo then despite not having done a bad job, the owners couldn't be blamed for replacing him. Just show us some high tempo football! 

Regrettably I don't really want him here anymore. I still think the bigger issue is the large number of average to dogshit footballers in our squad, but a manager who actively coaches the team to avoid scoring goals will never be successful in football in this country.

Rudkin also really needs binning. We will never make sustainable progress as a club whilst he is sitting comfortably.

If Puel had any logic he would have allowed us to play to our best style get Europa spot, then start his system when season ended and get the players that fit that system, but to try it mid season is very poor management and to say we played ok in last five home matches is complete blindness and a man in denial. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_77 said:

How much faster can this team get?

Well I'd start by saying the notion that our usual team is fast is a falacy anyway. We were at one point in time with RDL and Schlupp as full backs, Vardy, Kante going full pelt for 90 mins.

14 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

So two weeks have passed since the last poll which saw "Puel In" win by about 63% to 37%. A pretty uninspiring loss to Burnley and an even less inspiring draw to Southampton have followed.

Has the opinion shifted?

After 50 votes the answer is, not at all.

• Like 1

Still 'in' but perhaps more so. Against Southampton I saw progress, I thought I saw what he was trying to do, the shape of the team he wanted, and I thought it positive. We have defensive frailties to resolve (there's sometimes too much space in our midfield) that can be addressed through discipline and a signing, but once sorted I think we could well be an attractive attacking force. 

• Like 4