Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If this doesn’t wake people up then I will blame all of the 70% if we get relegated! lol

Not defending Puel, but there are multiple styles of management. Perhaps the manager wanted to build our confidence by using the softly softly approach instead of the Fergie hairdryer treatment?

That said, I think hairdryer treatment would get more out of certain players in our team like Vardy, Albrighton and Maguire. Maybe not so much with Nacho and Mahrez.

Just now, Beechey said:

I don't get it. We absolutely dominated in the first half and just struggled to break down one of the most defensive teams to come to the KP this season. That's been our problem for at least 3 seasons now. Mark Hughes played for a draw, and so for almost the entire 90' Southampton had 10 men behind the ball, 11 at times. Even Man City sometimes struggles to break teams down when they do that.

Walking into the dressing room and laying into the players when their performances were pretty good, would have done what exactly?

Indeed, I didn't feel that the first half was that bad a performance at all, barring the last 5 minutes which went flat.

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If this doesn’t wake people up then I will blame all of the 70% if we get relegated! lol

It wakes me up to player power even more given the only way Geoff could have got that info is from a 'bewildered' player.... or one who was perhaps injured but joined the players in the dressing room (hmmm wonder who that could be.... :ph34r:)

Also... against a brick wall, the first half was good, and unless he's in the business of calling Kelechi an utter tit for his miss he can hardly call them out! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Not just that mate, after the game last night he said he was happy with the performance.

WTF was he watching? Puel is clearly a delusional person.

Just now, kingfox said:

Not just that mate, after the game last night he said he was happy with the performance.

WTF was he watching? Puel is clearly a delusional person.

I know mate Clearly the 70% of voters haven’t watched us before the title winning season and seen how easy it is to go to league one! Which is where we will be heading with this clown in charge! 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It wakes me up to player power even more given the only way Geoff could have got that info is from a 'bewildered' player.... or one who was perhaps injured but joined the players in the dressing room (hmmm wonder who that could be.... :ph34r:)

Also... against a brick wall, the first half was good, and unless he's in the business of calling Kelechi an utter tit for his miss he can hardly call them out! 

Well he also said the same tbf to @lcfc

10 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Eh, I thought it was a good half given the circumstances (a team that was giving us zero space). Perhaps Puel was just being positive, anyway. I’m not sure why the players would get sniffy about it since it was them out on the pitch. They should take a look at themselves also if they think it was that crap. 

It’s also quite possible that it’s bs, anyway. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not defending Puel, but there are multiple styles of management. Perhaps the manager wanted to build our confidence by using the softly softly approach instead of the Fergie hairdryer treatment?

That said, I think hairdryer treatment would get more out of certain players in our team like Vardy, Albrighton and Maguire. Maybe not so much with Nacho and Mahrez.

I think you are clutching at straws! Shaky wasn’t that type of manager I reckon! 

They worked off that kind of manager before with great results e.g Pearson 

Next season we will only have Vardy left from the Kante/Marhez/Vardy dream team that won the league. Without those two players we can't keep playing the same system and last night Puel was practicing a new shape ready for next season when Diabete drops in for Marhez.

You can't expect a complete change of system and associated style to work perfectly overnight, but if he keeps working on it towards the end of the season when we are already secure and can afford to lose a few points, so that we hit the ground running in August, then so be it.

We're safely in the top half of the Premier league, experiencing our most successful period for at least 30 years. But we've been in this position before and we know that one bad appointment can relegate us.

Puel has gotten us into this position of safety and I'd take 6-8th happily next year if that's what happens. Stable, top half of the Premier league club was the Thai's ambition when they bought us. Better that than pulling the trigger again and getting relegated with Pardew next season.

12 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I don't get it. We absolutely dominated in the first half and just struggled to break down one of the most defensive teams to come to the KP this season. That's been our problem for at least 3 seasons now. Mark Hughes played for a draw, and so for almost the entire 90' Southampton had 10 men behind the ball, 11 at times. Even Man City sometimes struggles to break teams down when they do that.

Walking into the dressing room and laying into the players when their performances were pretty good, would have done what exactly?

Dominated? It was 3 shots two in target lol 

10 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I know mate Clearly the 70% of voters haven’t watched us before the title winning season and seen how easy it is to go to league one! Which is where we will be heading with this clown in charge! 

Yeah!

Once in 134 years.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I have never seen so much love for a manager that has 4 wins in 18 lol let’s give him time to ruin us some more shall we? 

Yeah, we’re really “ruined” at the moment. Have a word with yourself.

I'm generally expecting him to be here next season so I'll start fresh next season, with a clean slate. Hoping the business he does in the summer turns these poor boring games into something abit more watchable. But I pretty much expect out before Christmas. 

Hope I'm wrong. 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Pearson got a lot of love in much worse form.

Pearson had earned that love here. Love that ultimately turned out to be well placed. Completely different scenarios. Hopefully the love for puel turns out to be well placed too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Voted Out in the first poll, voted In here. Marginal on both though. If you had included a fence-sitting option I reckon that would be the clear winner..

And therein lies the problem with panicked, reactionary sackings. You can't turn back time if you get rid in too much haste.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I have never seen so much love for a manager that has 4 wins in 18 lol let’s give him time to ruin us some more shall we? 

Ruin us? We've been totally useless since we won the league pretty much.

20 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I don't believe it  :o 

........how can I change my vote?  He's got to go.