Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Just about in favour of staying with him until the first quarter of next season. 

If it wasn't for the fact that we are close to the dreaded big Sam, pardew, moyes merry go round I would be in favour of a change. 

Thats what would keep me supporting Claude. Not a great endorsement. 

I'm in because I am fed up with our old style which was also dogshit to watch and wanted a manager to switch us up for a couple seasons. Our current football is dire but prefer it to watching the 200th long ball to Vardy bounce out of play. 

I think Puel has the same vision as I want for this club (tho I would like higher pressing)and I also like his trust in young players. No way Choudhury, Barnes, etc would get near the team with many other managers.

I'd only say out because the players are clearly rattled by being made to play differently or being dropped and will probably keep underperfoming until he goes.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'm in because I am fed up with our old style which was also dogshit to watch and wanted a manager to switch us up for a couple seasons. Our current football is dire but prefer it to watching the 200th long ball to Vardy bounce out of play. 

I think Puel has the same vision as I want for this club (tho I would like higher pressing)and I also like his trust in young players. No way Choudhury, Barnes, etc would get near the team with many other managers.

I'd only say out because the players are clearly rattled by being made to play differently or being dropped and will probably keep underperfoming until he goes.

The thing for me is why would the players be rattled about playing football as that is what Puel is trying to make us do. Why would some want less of the ball?!

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm sorry DavieG. I didn't get a full transcript. 

The simple fact is that some players are baffled at his methods and what he says.

It may be the players aren't good enough to move us forward.

It may be that manager isn't good enough to move us forward.

I thought this information was worth sharing.

There was no attempt to be disingenuous.

I'm sure it wasn't problem is your feeding a rabid, ravenous dog looking for every justification to say go whether it's valid or not.

I'm not surprised some of them are baffled as he's asking them to play a more intelligent, technical way rather than just hoofing it up to Vardy. Footballers often give the impression of being a bit thick but I don't see any reason why our game should be levelled at the lowest common denominator otherwise we'll never progress.

I'm not even saying Puel is right man to do it but someone at some point has got to move us on and upwards and that means having players comfortable with the ball and intelligent enough to know how to use it if we want to progress.

• Like 4

Still IN for me. We've got a massive couple of years coming up behind the scenes with a stadium expansion and a new training ground. We've also got a good squad in desperate need of evolution. We need the stability of a manager who not only builds teams but is shrewd in the transfer market, AND promotes youth, but also has prior experience of upgrading transfer facilities at other clubs. If we have to suffer poor performances and results temporarily for that, and yet still maintain a decent league position, then so be it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ruin us? We've been totally useless since we won the league pretty much.

Well if we lose Ndidi, Vardy and Maguire because they don’t like him or his style then yes it will! Because who is there left? James the new Andy King!

In. Even if we do look like a shit version of Barcelona. I'd rather just keep the faith for the next 2 years or so and see. Plus I can't see any other manager  worth bringing him that would want to come here considering how fast managers can go. 

Edited by Christoph

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm sure it wasn't problem is your feeding a rabid, ravenous dog looking for every justification to say go whether it's valid or not.

I'm not surprised some of them are baffled as he's asking them to play a more intelligent, technical way rather than just hoofing it up to Vardy. Footballers often give the impression of being a bit thick but I don't see any reason why our game should be levelled at the lowest common denominator otherwise we'll never progress.

I'm not even saying Puel is right man to do it but someone at some point has got to move us on and upwards and that means having players comfortable with the ball and intelligent enough to know how to use it if we want to progress.

I agree the style has to be changed but I don’t think Puel is the man to do it! 

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

Well if we lose Ndidi, Vardy and Maguire because they don’t like him or his style then yes it will! Because who is there left? James the new Andy King!

It's not up to them, they are under contract. Just as it wasn't up to Mahrez. Oh... we're allowed to sign players as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Vardy is gone in two seasons anyways and still under contract; Ndidi and Maguire are under contract for a few years with no buy-out. 

Who exactly are we going to find? There’s nobody out there worth the risk when compared to the potential rewards of staying in the PL beyond next season, which under Puel I have zero doubt that we will. 

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

lollollol 

So you think our club are going to sell Mahrez, Vardy, Ndidi and Maguire? come on you really cant actually think that.

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I agree the style has to be changed but I don’t think Puel is the man to do it! 

As is your right.

No one can be 100% sure as with all managers as even the best in 99% of case eventually fail.

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Lol, let's make poll after every game. Or everyday while we're at that.

We do with the rating thread.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If this doesn’t wake people up then I will blame all of the 70% if we get relegated! lol

Two and two can easily make five, but I wonder if that’s our Persian flaw, right there in that scene? Such a strong group of players. Such a commitment to what brought them success. Ranieri tried to change it. Couldn’t take them with him. Allegedly. Puel tried to change it, and maybe can’t take them

with him any further? The alarming thing is that Shakey tried to keep it the same and it was grim! When Puel was appointed, maybe the decision was to go for more of the same or look to evolve? If so, we’ve burnt our bridges and now need to back the choice we’ve made and see where it goes. If the players can’t adapt, get new players. He has to be allowed to try with that, with his squad, or what was the point? 

• Like 1

Puel In for me. 

• Handled a tricky transfer period.
  • Got us safe - including some great performances before Christmas. Spurs match in particular.
  • Once safe started experimenting preparing the players he wants to keep for next season.
  • We are 8th - not 20th. 

In

Give him a proper right back, a proper left back and a good winger...and let's see if we can change our style of playing with more possession and more control of the ball

If we fail then sack him

I look at a manager based on his credentials for example his CV, what has he done in the game say you are a championship club and you want to get promoted, you know with the likes of Mick McCarthy, Neil Warnock you have a good chance of promotion not guaranteed no because it doesn't happen that way always but it's very likely.

With us we want to progress into Europe that means we need a manager that has been there and done it in qualifying for Europe in this league on a consistent basis, Puel hasn't, someone like Rafa has imo.

You could argue he needs more time, but if the signs are communication issues then it runs deeper. Anyway I trust the owners judgement, here is hoping for onwards and upwards!

Edited by Happy Fox

Still in the 'in' camp. I do not believe changing managers multiple times a season is the way forward. Last season we got battered by absolutely everyone in this league and now we are at least competitive in every single match (well except against Man City, but they are flippin inhuman anyway when on form). We just seem a little devoid of determination and confidence at the moment.

I also kind of like, that the first window available Puel didn't go on a massive spending spree, but just got a rather unknown Diabate, who actually looks like he wants to make some movement, when not on the ball.