Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm sorry DavieG. I didn't get a full transcript. 

The simple fact is that some players are baffled at his methods and what he says.

It may be the players aren't good enough to move us forward.

It may be that manager isn't good enough to move us forward.

I thought this information was worth sharing.

There was no attempt to be disingenuous.

I think the more worrying part is that the info was provided to you... we're verging on player power episode 3 here. Utterly ridiculous. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It wakes me up to player power even more given the only way Geoff could have got that info is from a 'bewildered' player.... or one who was perhaps injured but joined the players in the dressing room (hmmm wonder who that could be.... :ph34r:)

Also... against a brick wall, the first half was good, and unless he's in the business of calling Kelechi an utter tit for his miss he can hardly call them out! 

Exactly that. How on earth would he know those details if someone wasn't feeding it to him. 

Besides the first half last night we played well. We didn't concede any goals which is a massive step forward. 

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

We do with the rating thread.

No, we're rating the performance of the players and the manager after one game. Sacking the manager or not takes a bit more perspective. And time.

The maker of this poll obviously belongs to the "Puel Out Brigade" and just needs his opinion to be confirmed.

It's becoming ridiculous.

• Like 1

Just now, tiredclimb said:

Exactly that. How on earth would he know those details if someone wasn't feeding it to him. 

Besides the first half last night we played well. We didn't concede any goals which is a massive step forward. 

You do realise we were playing a relegation threatened team? It's not as if we were playing Manchester City at home.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Currently 64% to 36% In... If someone has changed their minds after two games I think it says more about them than Puel lol

Why? There has to be a tipping point and maybe for some it came during the last two games having built up over the uninspiring/dreadful 17 game run.

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

You do realise we were playing a relegation threatened team? It's not as if we were playing Manchester City at home.

can you not remember how we played when we were a relagation threatened side?

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Yes I was fully aware of that. A sure fire relegation candidate beat Man Utd who are in second last weekend - what's your point? Man City drew 0-0 to Palace who were 1 point off the bottom 3 earlier in the season. It happens. Southampton defended well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I don't think it was fun facing us in the spring of 2015, when we were relegation threatened... Southampton actually had their lives to fight for.

Just now, goose2010 said:

can you not remember how we played when we were a relagation threatened side?

I try to not remember,:thumbup: but under NP we tried to win the game, we don't seem to have much urgency in our play.

....heard from Bob Wilson (former goalkeeper) on Radio 5 live the day Arsene announced his leaving Arsenal.... above all else and whatever the out turn of the match he always wanted to entertain the supporters who had paid out real money to support their team.

It would be great if he could have a word in Claude's ear as we are being shortchanged!

Edging towards 'Puel out' but the end of the season is the time decide not now.

If there was better, realistic options out there then maybe I’d lean towards out. I think the biggest benefit Puel brings atctge minute is that he’s got experience of significant infrastructure change. At Lille and Nice he oversaw a new training ground being built and a stadium move respectively. Despite the TV cash both will impact significantly on our transfer expenditure  and Puel’s past transfer market activity suggests that he’s very capable with a modest budget.

He’s boring but he’s sensible. Hopefully with an actual no. 10 and a rightback that doesn’t get multiple sclerosis in the opposition half we’ll massively increase our ability to stretch teams and be able to break them down.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think any fan is happy with current performances or results.

But some fans are willing to accept that to change a team's style of play successfully takes time and a transitional period. There is undoubtedly going to be a period where we aren't much good with the hope that we improve substantially over time. Look how many young players were involved in the Southampton game... that is potentially the next 5+ years of the club we saw in terms of playing personnel. The Thai's long term plan for the club was to be a consistent top 5 club in the league and that won't happen overnight.

Guardiola had a poor first season in the Premier League, but hasn't done too badly this. Even Alex Ferguson didn't get it right straight away. Another example would be Chelsea in the mid 90's when Hoddle started to get them playing a more continental style that led to the upturn that convinced Abramovich to buy them.

Puel has a clear vision and plan for building the club, which is why many are willing to give him more time than others have had.

I totally understand why many fans want him out - they are bored! It's the reason why Southampton got rid of him too. I'm currently in the "give him more time" camp but do admit that if we continue to put in these abject performances that he'll have to go.

Can't rep anymore. Good post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

If this doesn’t wake people up then I will blame all of the 70% if we get relegated! lol

So either, they thought they were crap and could have knowingly upped their performance and expected to be shouted at for their own failings, or wanted to be shouted at for dominating the ball against a very defensive team?

Either way, its the bewildered players that we need to get rid of.

If the club do decide to sack him and we look for a new manager in the close season lets hope they don't take as long as they did before finally appointing Shakespeare  and don't waste the close season pissing about like we did then.

In - I think me writing off the end of the season has helped curb my expectations of the end of this season. I can see what his intentions are and feel with the clubs backing he'll have us looking a tidy team next year.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

So we are settle and praise extremely boring football, with results no better than Shakey, because at some time we’ve been in the relegation zone sometime in the last? 

Bollocks to that

Well he has almost the exact same set of players as Shakespeare did, so expecting some crazy transformation before a proper transfer window is a bit crazy.

• Like 1