Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

26 minutes ago, Albert said:

I totally appreciate that people want to give him the time to implement his ideas/philosophy and have bought into the idea of us becoming a team that plays beautiful football but personally speaking i think it’s a pipe dream & I’ve got a horrible gut feeling that this is Peter Taylor part 2.

Look back at our successful times & the managers in charge. O’Neil, Pearson, Ranieri all played different styles of football but the constant factor throughout was that underdog/never say die spirit & passion from both the players and us fans. That came from the connection between us all!

In the short time he’s been here he’s zapped all the energy out of us and the whole place has become flat. Not one song has been sung from the terraces about him which shows Puel will never have that connection. 

The owners don’t want us to be the underdog anymore. To other teams, we haven’t been since the 2015-16 campaign. Everything has changed.

38 minutes ago, Albert said:

I totally appreciate that people want to give him the time to implement his ideas/philosophy and have bought into the idea of us becoming a team that plays beautiful football but personally speaking i think it’s a pipe dream & I’ve got a horrible gut feeling that this is Peter Taylor part 2.

Look back at our successful times & the managers in charge. O’Neil, Pearson, Ranieri all played different styles of football but the constant factor throughout was that underdog/never say die spirit & passion from both the players and us fans. That came from the connection between us all!

In the short time he’s been here he’s zapped all the energy out of us and the whole place has become flat. Not one song has been sung from the terraces about him which shows Puel will never have that connection. 

Any idea if the Owners are looking to replace him anytime soon?

8 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

The owners don’t want us to be the underdog anymore. To other teams, we haven’t been since the 2015-16 campaign. Everything has changed.

To have spirit, passion & a never die spirit that both fans and players feed off doesn’t mean you’re an underdog! It gives you something money can’t buy and gives the whole club a rock solid foundation to work from. That all stems from the manager!

The owners aren’t happy with what they’re seeing and have already shown how ruthless they can be if they think a change is needed.

4 wins in 17, boring football & a lot of unrest around the club won’t be giving them much confidence going into such a critical summer! 

36 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Dead man walking! 

And that is exactly the problem. We all know it's coming. It's just when rather than if. How on earth are we supposed to build something when a large proportion of fans, and by the sounds of it, players aswell don't believe in him. Even the people who want him to stay are clutching at straws of him turning into some sort of footballing genius over the summer.

Not the right man for the job. Why waste time playing out this horror story.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 1

The problem for me,

is the performances are boring,

yet I look back at the match stats and you would think there good games,

but in 25 years of following city I’ve never been so bored and find myself daydreaming,

to make it worse,I take my 6 year old son and as much as I want him to enjoy he seems really bored

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wolfboy said:

Do NOT accuse me of being ‘weak’ and ‘do not understand football’ because I’ve been a season ticket holder since a young age at Leicester city. You obviously think that any manager can walk into a team like Leicester and get them to play good football and get a load of wins, not really realistic is it?????

I’ve known plenty of season ticket holders that know bugger all about football and the intricacies of the game. Just watching football doesn’t make you an expert. How about actually playing the game yourself? To a reasonable level for a decent period of time, even if that’s still amateur standard?

And in terms of Puel - can you not see the warning signs the players are giving you? 

• Elementary mistakes are a sign of a bad manager - if players minds are elsewhere and not focused that could be down to the manager.
  • Dressing room unrest is a sign of a bad manager - the manager is ultimately responsible for setting the right atmosphere
  • Disappointing 1st half / 2nd half displays is a sign of a bad manager - a managers biggest impact on a game is just before and at half time.
  • Tactical inflexibility is a sign of a bad manager - there is no point in persisting with a style of play if you don’t have the players to play that way. Football has become ever more so a results first business.

There are many more signs that should also concern you about what’s happening - but none more so than the fact we had good base positions in cup quarterfinals where Puel failed to show decisive tactical acumen when it mattered. Those Man City and Chelsea sides were beatable on the day with the right approach - that he failed to show up Big when the occasion demanded tell me that all the time and budget in the world would still leave Puel short with us.

My hunch - departs with 2 games to go.

• Like 2

That Geoff Peters tweet about what Puel said worries me, but at the same time it's more evidence that we need to **** some of these players off sharpish. No ****ing around anymore. There are clearly some dodgy characters in that dressing room. No manager will come in and succeed if they're happy to undermine them time and time again.

League winner or not. If they're halting progression then get them gone.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Still think the Taylor comparisons are hugely harsh but definitely agree about the lack of songs for him etc... I think someone ages ago pointed it out on here that in tough times he's going to be easily turned on as he's got no real charisma about him and it'll work against him.

I honestly think we're damned either way here.

All I know is I’m more interested in getting some players out before puel.

If we do sack puel, I hope a few of the poor footballers follow him out of the door, so the next manager doesn’t suffer the same fate as the previous 3, a bunch of players who aren’t good enough, or not prepared to adapt to new ideas, and have long periods of inconsistent form, every season of late

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Albert said:

To have spirit, passion & a never die spirit that both fans and players feed off doesn’t mean you’re an underdog! It gives you something money can’t buy and gives the whole club a rock solid foundation to work from. That all stems from the manager!

The owners aren’t happy with what they’re seeing and have already shown how ruthless they can be if they think a change is needed.

4 wins in 17, boring football & a lot of unrest around the club won’t be giving them much confidence going into such a critical summer! 

Critical summer your not kidding.

Our owners should have already backed him or sacked him. They should also be allover the players sorting out who the spoilt brats are and fvck them off first.

To me though waiting to sack CP is the biggest fvck up/mistake our owners can make. With the WC half our players may not be back for the first game. As with some of our new players.

They all then have to get to know each other and all need to get in sink with a new manager.

One of the reasons CP is implementing his style now is so players are used to it. If he waits until the summer some player will return from the WC and have no time to settle into it.

Guest Mee-9

Out.

I think we’ll be in a relegation battle next season under him.

Unless he buys decent CM, CB and RB. 

Oh and replaced Mahrez with someone decent not Ben Arfa.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That Geoff Peters tweet about what Puel said worries me, but at the same time it's more evidence that we need to **** some of these players off sharpish. No ****ing around anymore. There are clearly some dodgy characters in that dressing room. No manager will come in and succeed if they're happy to undermine them time and time again.

League winner or not. If they're halting progression then get them gone.

If Claude Puel walked up to you at half time while you were queuing up for your warm singha and said, ay up Dan that was a perfect first half. More of same for the 2nd....

you would have slung the beer at him and contributed towards a ticket for the Eurostar.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still think the Taylor comparisons are hugely harsh but definitely agree about the lack of songs for him etc... I think someone ages ago pointed it out on here that in tough times he's going to be easily turned on as he's got no real charisma about him and it'll work against him.

I honestly think we're damned either way here.

Would agree with that. 

Taylors side were regularly losing games by 2 goals or more. Claudes have only had really 2 bad defeats in Palace and Man City. 

7 hours ago, Albert said:

Am I dumb for thinking the passionate never say die went out the window when we won the league and gave the players massive payouts. I feel like the only time we have seen the never give up attitude since winning the league has been when the players are under scrutiny. 

It was a lot easier for Pearson or Ranieri to get these players fired up as they WERE underdogs.

• Like 1

Despite me not thinking sacking managers like no tomorrow is the right thing, my issue is if we do get rid of Puel, what will happen with the “old guard” in my opinion I’d hang them all out to dry, I don’t want to see Morgan, Kasper or Simpson at the club next season. 

• Like 1

Is anyone taking into account the fact that we are looked upon differently by other teams. our capability to counter at such pace and with such effectiveness means teams just won’t commit men forward. We have to find a different way of playing and we have to find some players capable of doing things in the final third to unlock defences.  Even more important is not conceding the first goal. The game that disappoints me most over the past few months was swansea. We got the first goal and we should have got a second. not getting that second goal was crucial but the fact that they had to be more expansive to try and find an equaliser should have meant we got that second. 

the xg stats show we should be doing better than we are. There are two teams on the pitch. It isn’t just about what we do. 

I can only accept the argument that puel’s personality and man mangagement is a reason to get rid. the man management argument is tough because of the famed ‘dressing room’. I’m intrigued that wes was dropped after our EL hopes went tits at turf moor. . Almost as if he had agreed to go with the old guard whilst 7th was still feasible. Sacking someone for being boring - anchelotti ?  I am surprised that’s he won’t buy into learning the language better. he has been here long enough to be more communicative in interviews. 

we need new players.  I don’t see that puel will buy the ‘wrong ones’ (not that’s it just his decision anyway). I would rather maintain some continuity whilst we can and hope that things progress once the new season begins. Attracting a new guy will be easier with a better technical squad and not firing the existing manager within 8 months of appointing him. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Is anyone taking into account the fact that we are looked upon differently by other teams. our capability to counter at such pace and with such effectiveness means teams just won’t commit men forward. We have to find a different way of playing and we have to find some players capable of doing things in the final third to unlock defences.  Even more important is not conceding the first goal. The game that disappoints me most over the past few months was swansea. We got the first goal and we should have got a second. not getting that second goal was crucial but the fact that they had to be more expansive to try and find an equaliser should have meant we got that second. 

Yeah said this in the past two weeks. It’s weird in a way. Other teams view us as a good team and best of the rest. Therefore their tactics are to counteract us. A lot of our fans seem to think we should be doing better but at the same time consistently under-rate our quality. 

Teams are playing as deep against us as they would with a top six team. Makes the decision to rid of Slimani and Ulloa at the same time all the more baffling mind. 

7 hours ago, john ridley said:

I'd  take losing the last 4 games for him to go .Has been said above this has got Peter Taylor  mk2 written all over it .

Exactly this. He is the worst manager i have seen at Leicester since Taylor.

Would be criminal to give him our summer transfer kitty.