Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Respect our players

I think the frustration over them is not just because we have outgrown them

The frustration is because the club never seems find replacement for them unless they are injured. Not even proper backup. Treat them like unreplacable Cristiano ronaldo in this team is frustrating 

2 years ago they are good. Next season we got champions league and we only got guy like benalouane in our bench, don't you remember we even play without cb despite he's avaiable? 

This season we got maguire and dragovic. Only maguire play routinely, not to mention he might just like dragovic had huth not affected by injury 

We should realise that they aren't somebody to play week in week out anymore. Find proper replacement for them and give them other role. Even legend like man utd ryan giggs, paul scholes, ac milan paolo maldini, etc did not play everytime they are avaiable, give younger player chance to peform

See at us. What we have done to those players? Too much. Too frustrating 

I agree to a point. Simpson abuse is so wrong. Yes he's nothing special but he's never really let us down and does what he does well.

Where I will disagree and not for football reasons is Mahrez. He could have left as a legend but for me he goes as a mardy spoilt brat. I won't slag his ability but his attitude towards the club that made him stinks.

2 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

I think the frustration over them is not just because we have outgrown them

The frustration is because the club never seems find replacement for them unless they are injured. Not even proper backup. Treat them like unreplacable Cristiano ronaldo in this team is frustrating 

2 years ago they are good. Next season we got champions league and we only got guy like benalouane in our bench, don't you remember we even play without cb despite he's avaiable? 

This season we got maguire and dragovic. Only maguire play routinely, not to mention he might just like dragovic had huth not affected by injury 

We should realise that they aren't somebody to play week in week out anymore. Find proper replacement for them and give them other role. Even legend like man utd ryan giggs, paul scholes, ac milan paolo maldini, etc did not play everytime they are avaiable, give younger player chance to peform

See at us. What we have done to those players? Too much. Too frustrating 

But my point remains, that’s the fault of our recruitment/management, not the players themselves 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh yeah I’m totally with you there. I’m more on about the players getting slagged off for not being good enough anymore. I have the same attitude towards Mahrez as he’s shown towards us to be honest, be happy to see him gone

Ok. But I think some of the comments are frustration more than anything.

Wes for example. I've said he's now getting passed it. I think he misses Huth as he needs someone to organize the defense. To play week in week out now he's mid championship. I've also never seen him as captain material.

Have I slagged him off? I don't feel I have. But then son Wes lover jumps on your back questioning your support for the club. So people fight back and become abusive.

Listen to some on here our champions should get life contracts for that season. I'm thankful for what they did and were part of. But I'm an LCFC fan first and foremost. Not many players share my/our love for this great club.

Oh look in back to Mahrez lol lol 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh yeah I’m totally with you there. I’m more on about the players getting slagged off for not being good enough anymore. I have the same attitude towards Mahrez as he’s shown towards us to be honest, be happy to see him gone

Albrighton is probably the one I hate to see criticised the most. I mean seriously what can you moan about? Cost us next to nothing if I remember correctly and has produced so much for us and has a great attitude

Can we rename the thread disrespect our players?

• Haha 1

Its not the bloody players that is letting this team down its the manager nothing else we have such a great team, the players we have are more than capable of reaching top 7 with ease. The reason we have not reached a top 7 spot is because the manager does not know his own players strengths. yes there is spots in our line up we need to strengthen but the tactics of this team when out on the pitch is dull and boring. the build up play and especially in the final 3rd we are lacklustre and that is me being generous.

Do i think he should be sacked i dont know any more but what i do know is he has had long enough in charge to know what is our strongest team to grind out results and out play the opposition with the players he has got.

but realistically he must be the luckiest manager to be in that job still.

i like all our players its not the players that are bad its the manager.

all in all i want to be proven wrong about Puel if he stays then fine but im not feeling confident with him in charge next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think some of the players current apparent attitudes towards successive managers and their application towards the club should rightly be criticised. I wont be a hypocrite to suggest we should sweep that under the rug.

However, I will respect what they have done for this club and they also rightly hold legendary status here as well which can never be taken away from them.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Donut said:

I think some of the players current apparent attitudes towards successive managers and their application towards the club should rightly be criticised. I wont be a hypocrite to suggest we should sweep that under the rug.

However, I will respect what they have done for this club and they also rightly hold legendary status here as well which can never be taken away from them.

Yep whoever these bad apples are I’m excluding from this and we should look to move certain players on due to us outgrowing them

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Let me start off by saying I’m as frustrated as anybody else with how things have been going recently but some of the comments about players (especially the title winners) have been really disappointing.

We may have outgrown players like Wes and Simpson etc but the vitriol towards them is really sad to see and is in my opinion disrespectful considering what they’ve achieved here. It’s the management and recruitment teams job to move us forward and phase these players out gradually so the anger and frustration shouldn’t be directed to the players

A special mention to Simpson who has held down the right back spot for years now without taking a break due to their being no replacement/competition 

I think there's a difference between respecting a player and commenting on his performance.

No Leicester fan in his right mind would have ANY disrespect for Wes Morgan, we are all in thrall of him but we have the right to say that we think he should be replaced in the team. To think that is disrespectful is downright stupid.

He was great for us, now we have better options and should be using them.

Simpson is a different case, I'd question how anyone can respect him as a person. We can be thankful of his performances as a player and the part (however weak) it was in our title but to say that we shouldn't be commenting on how poorly he is playing is ridiculous. He is the weakest point in our team as has been since he took over from De Laet. He is only still in the team because we haven't bought a decent replacement in - it's not his high skill level keeping him in the team. Just because he was a part of the title winning team shouldn't excuse him from our criticism or our wrath - he should be judged as any other player on his current performance - just look how some treat youngsters like Chilwell and Gray on here.

As for the other title winners I think they've all had and get plenty of respect. Even wantaway stars get respect.

Then again your post may simply have been a "like" grabber. If it was sorry for my reply. ;)

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I think there's a difference between respecting a player and commenting on his performance.

No Leicester fan in his right mind would have ANY disrespect for Wes Morgan, we are all in thrall of him but we have the right to say that we think he should be replaced in the team. To think that is disrespectful is downright stupid.

Simpson is a different case, I'd question how anyone can respect him as a person. We can be thankful of his performances as a player and the part (however weak) it was in our title but to say that we shouldn't be commenting on how poorly he is playing is ridiculous. He is the weakest point in our team as has been since he took over from De Laet. He is only still in the team because we haven't bought a decent replacement in - it's not his high skill level keeping him in the team. Just because he was a part of the title winning team shouldn't excuse him from our criticism or our wrath - he should be judged as any other player on his current performance - just look how some treat youngsters like Chilwell and Gray on here.

As for the other title winners I think they've all had and get plenty of respect. Even wantaway stars get respect.

Then again your post may simply have been a "like" grabber. If it was sorry for my reply. ;)

Oh yeah give me all those lovely likes :scarf:

4 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Its not the bloody players that is letting this team down its the manager nothing else we have such a great team, the players we have are more than capable of reaching top 7 with ease. The reason we have not reached a top 7 spot is because the manager does not know his own players strengths. yes there is spots in our line up we need to strengthen but the tactics of this team when out on the pitch is dull and boring. the build up play and especially in the final 3rd we are lacklustre and that is me being generous.

Do i think he should be sacked i dont know any more but what i do know is he has had long enough in charge to know what is our strongest team to grind out results and out play the opposition with the players he has got.

but realistically he must be the luckiest manager to be in that job still.

i like all our players its not the players that are bad its the manager.

all in all i want to be proven wrong about Puel if he stays then fine but im not feeling confident with him in charge next season.

Who do you think has let us down the most this season out of Puel or Mahrez?

At least Puel has turned up for every game

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

17 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Who do you think has let us down the most this season out of Puel or Mahrez?

At least Puel has turned up for every game

cant even believe the only ammunition you have is to compare puel to mahrez im absolutely certain that 99% of the people on this forum would rather have mahrez as a player at Leicester than have puel as a manager.

Mahrez alone has done more for Leicester than puel could ever do in my eyes the best ever player to put on a leicester shirt.

Puel has sucked the winning mentality out of this team of CHAMPIONS notice i said CHAMPIONS. i will not slag off any player that has achieved so much for this club.

Is Mahrez wrong for what he has done in the past? Yes he is but at the end of the day was there promises made to him that was broken? yes there was.

Puel has constantly confused the team selection. got tactics wrong bought on subs at the wrong time.

play football backwards for 76 mins per game then attack after being 2 0 down same old same old constantly our form is ridiculous and people are blind to see that the players either cannot understand him or are very confused as to what's going on.

So please tell me whos cost us more Puel or Mahrez?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

cant even believe the only ammunition you have is to compare puel to mahrez im absolutely certain that 99% of the people on this forum would rather have mahrez as a player at Leicester than have puel as a manager.

Mahrez alone has done more for Leicester than puel could ever do in my eyes the best ever player to put on a leicester shirt.

Puel has sucked the winning mentality out of this team of CHAMPIONS notice i said CHAMPIONS. i will not slag off any player that has achieved so much for this club.

Is Mahrez wrong for what he has done in the past? Yes he is but at the end of the day was there promises made to him that was broken? yes there was.

Puel has constantly confused the team selection. got tactics wrong bought on subs at the wrong time.

play football backwards for 76 mins per game then attack after being 2 0 down same old same old constantly our form is ridiculous and people are blind to see that the players either cannot understand him or are very confused as to what's going on.

So please tell me whos cost us more Puel or Mahrez?

Not going to dispute or discuss any other points but this bit in bold.

We had no winning mentality before Puel came. You can't possibly blame him for destroying this. The man who helped win the league actually destroyed this by pissing about so much at the beginning of last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Not going to dispute or discuss any other points but this bit in bold.

We had no winning mentality before Puel came. You can't possibly blame him for destroying this. The man who helped win the league actually destroyed this by pissing about so much at the beginning of last season.

1 Man does not disrupt a whole team as much as you want to believe it does it just doesn't the blame and reason behind it is much higher that the players.

and this is FACTUAL 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Fif i am sorry to read your words about simpson.

He is a solid rb.  Many times when he has had to make a tackle in the area he has got it spot on an saved many goals. He is not a modern wing back... but does a good job at what he does

He has not behaved well in his life away from football.  He needs to learn and do better.  I do respect his footballing contribution to our.  

I agree I think most of our squad do not deserve the harsh criticism they get sometimes. By all means criticize mistakes but please look behind these results

We have a manager with a plan which does not include positive and flexible tactics

Behind him is a seriously malfunctioning DOF and recruitment team

To move forward we need a refreshing of the hierchy below the owners 

1 minute ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

1 Man does not disrupt a whole team as much as you want to believe it does it just doesn't the blame and reason behind it is much higher that the players.

and this is FACTUAL 

I literally had no idea what you are on about?

I only questioned your statement about Puel destroying the winning mentality of Champions, when he didn't.

Also, what you are saying is not factual unless you have something substantial to back it up. Nobody honestly know what the reason is for our form. My OPINION is it's a combination of manager and players.

Anyway, I didn't want to get sucked into a debate.