Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Respect our players

21 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

1 Man does not disrupt a whole team as much as you want to believe it does it just doesn't the blame and reason behind it is much higher that the players.

and this is FACTUAL 

And there was you doing exactly that with Puel. 

And THAT is FACTUAL. 

There’s no real abuse. Players like Morgan and Simpson are now no longer good enough and need replacing. This sentimental approach is exactly why clubs get into trouble, they’ve done their bit and now it’s time to find better.... football is a ruthless game in many ways, and I’d much rather we replaced those that need replacing, rather than keeping them becaus they were part of ‘that’ team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

There’s no real abuse. Players like Morgan and Simpson are now no longer good enough and need replacing. This sentimental approach is exactly why clubs get into trouble, they’ve done their bit and now it’s time to find better.... football is a ruthless game in many ways, and I’d much rather we replaced those that need replacing, rather than keeping them becaus they were part of ‘that’ team. 

I’m not saying that we should keep them though, thought I made that obvious but clearly not. It’s the sentimentality holding us back for sure. Whilst they’re here though people shouldn’t be calling them shit week in week out. We’ve had some seriously shit players in the not so distant past 

Edited by foxfanazer

18 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

cant even believe the only ammunition you have is to compare puel to mahrez im absolutely certain that 99% of the people on this forum would rather have mahrez as a player at Leicester than have puel as a manager.

Mahrez alone has done more for Leicester than puel could ever do in my eyes the best ever player to put on a leicester shirt.

Puel has sucked the winning mentality out of this team of CHAMPIONS notice i said CHAMPIONS. i will not slag off any player that has achieved so much for this club.

Is Mahrez wrong for what he has done in the past? Yes he is but at the end of the day was there promises made to him that was broken? yes there was.

Puel has constantly confused the team selection. got tactics wrong bought on subs at the wrong time.

play football backwards for 76 mins per game then attack after being 2 0 down same old same old constantly our form is ridiculous and people are blind to see that the players either cannot understand him or are very confused as to what's going on.

So please tell me whos cost us more Puel or Mahrez?

Sorry, i said something incendiary and then buggered off lol

I would actually rather have Puel here than Mahrez. It makes it less fun to watch Mahrez knowing he wants to leave so badly

Under Ranieri and Shakespeare we often didnt pick players I wanted us to play. Under Puel this has changed and he often plays line ups i'm happy with (aside from the back 4, but i imagine he thought it best to keep that foundation rather than risk an experimental back 4. Its not an area you want to take chances in as a new manager)

I dont think you can blame Puel for sucking winning mentalities out of people. He's not a winning-mentality-vampire. Ben Hamer was born with a winning mentality and that will never change :ph34r:

Were there promises that were made to Mahrez? If those promises included to let him leave on deadline day with no time for a replacement then i'm glad we broke it

The players not understanding the manager was a complaint also made with Ranieri

The problem  is we've been found out style wise and Puel is the one who has changed our style whilst maintaining a respectable league position

We were doing pretty well until Mahrez threw a strop

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

4 hours ago, FIF said:

I think there's a difference between respecting a player and commenting on his performance.

No Leicester fan in his right mind would have ANY disrespect for Wes Morgan, we are all in thrall of him but we have the right to say that we think he should be replaced in the team. To think that is disrespectful is downright stupid.

He was great for us, now we have better options and should be using them.

Simpson is a different case, I'd question how anyone can respect him as a person. We can be thankful of his performances as a player and the part (however weak) it was in our title but to say that we shouldn't be commenting on how poorly he is playing is ridiculous. He is the weakest point in our team as has been since he took over from De Laet. He is only still in the team because we haven't bought a decent replacement in - it's not his high skill level keeping him in the team. Just because he was a part of the title winning team shouldn't excuse him from our criticism or our wrath - he should be judged as any other player on his current performance - just look how some treat youngsters like Chilwell and Gray on here.

As for the other title winners I think they've all had and get plenty of respect. Even wantaway stars get respect.

Then again your post may simply have been a "like" grabber. If it was sorry for my reply. ;)

....So disappointed by your reply!! I read this forum on a daily basis and find your comments usually to be balanced and to the point, tinged with sarcasm.

I cannot in this instance agree with your comments and perhaps feel that you have deliberately chosen to ignore the topic in question. 

The comments regarding Wes Morgan have been in most cases vitriolic and not as a meaningful critique of his performance. He has admittedly had poor games recently and currently any appraisal would I admit be deemed poor. It is possible to critique players without denigrating the individual which is a side of the forum I find to be distasteful.

In respect of Danny Simpson, I am not too sure why you can not show him any respect. You may have a jaundiced eye as regards him and give little praise to his contribution to the team. He has been a stalwart and boon to our defence, covering the centre backs and the back post to stop countless opportunities for the opposition.

We do need a right back and Puel wants an attacking player who can support the attack, that is not Simpson, never has been and never will be. We either play him  in the position that he has served this club so well or find someone else to take his place.

To continue to ask him to play in the way Puel requires, does him no justice and is an indictment of Puels' lack of man management and understanding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Are either of you sure that you're not mixing up sentimentality with diplomacy and/or respect. Do you expect a new manager to come in, drop seasoned and (erstwhile) proven and successful players, even though they're not unwilling to attempt to comply with his intentions for the team? Simpson has tried to be the attacking wing-back but can he rely on Mahrez to cover for him? Can Puel drop Mahrez and replace him with a less accomplished but more defensively active player. All actions have a knock-on effect and it's no use screaming at one player when the team set-up isolates him when he is trying to do his appointed task.

No player who plays at this level is "shit" - they just aren't able to fit in or have been employed on the basis of a few good games under observation in a team which supports their playing. Musa isn't shit nor Slimani nor Mendy. They've just failed to fit in to a unfamiliar territory.

This is the timbre of much of the 'debate' about Puel - that he is obliged to transform a team which has lost its way, and is obliged to do so overnight or he will receive constant 'slagging-off' until he's forced out by ill-informed and impatient invective..

It's human nature to covet success - which is often a covert way of describing lording it over the other competitors in the game. But we have to be patient and we can be patient. This is the first time since the 1960s where Leicester have substantial resources in place - with owners who aren't concerned with making money directly from the club.

As fans posting on here, we have minimal 'clout' but, as a source of informed opinion, mixed with our emotional reaction, the forum is an excellent pointer for anyone with more influence to guage the general feeling of the support. Problem is that anyone reading much of what is written on this forum has to sort out the wheat from the chaff. While many of us are demanding what we want, fewer are thinking about how that might be achieved.

That's dramatizing our current plight on your own behalf.

On one hand you criticize the simplistic criticism of some of our players other (younger) fans have come up, while at the same time, you make the same mistake by oversimplifying our situation with regards to Puel.

He is by no means "obliged" to transform this team, at least there's has never been an official statement with regards to our strategy on the pitch or in transfer dealings. And there never will be, these things aren't discussed in public, unless someone at the club is given the permission to speak to the press about it.

In his excuse, the club have somewhat wasted two golden opportunities (read: two summer transfer windows) to allow for a more organic change of the old guard, a more fluent influx of "fresh blood".

And it remains to be seen whether we "have lost the way" because of the players or because the manager can't reach them. Or both.

Shakespeare was kicked out of his job for a similar record in his past 16 matches, and that after an arguably much harder fixture list (Manchester City, Tottenham, Manchester United, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal (twice)).

Only the most inane supporter will keep on demanding "overnight" success. And from my experience, most fans on here are sensible enough to understand that success never comes easy. And if it does, out of the blue. We out of all clubs and fans ought to know best. Don't let the idiocy of a minority cloud your judgement of the fanbase as a whole. We have great supporters, I'd say some of the best in England and in Europe right now.

Fans have always criticized what's going on at this club. It's just gotten to a different level with the advent of the internet and this forum (which I think is a great place for a debate). Unfortunately, with our Premier League title, our following has increased about fifteenfold, and with that the amount of people talking out of their behind and "fans" of players, not fans of our club. As a consequence, the discussions attract a younger, more foreign public that has never learnt to carry a proper argument, haven't experienced or can't relate to Leicester City FC prior to our promotion to the Premier League, are lacking the necessary language skills, only to throw around soundbites, leaning on the offensive side more and more.

Edited by MC Prussian

20 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Are either of you sure that you're not mixing up sentimentality with diplomacy and/or respect. Do you expect a new manager to come in, drop seasoned and (erstwhile) proven and successful players, even though they're not unwilling to attempt to comply with his intentions for the team? Simpson has tried to be the attacking wing-back but can he rely on Mahrez to cover for him? Can Puel drop Mahrez and replace him with a less accomplished but more defensively active player. All actions have a knock-on effect and it's no use screaming at one player when the team set-up isolates him when he is trying to do his appointed task.

No player who plays at this level is "shit" - they just aren't able to fit in or have been employed on the basis of a few good games under observation in a team which supports their playing. Musa isn't shit nor Slimani nor Mendy. They've just failed to fit in to a unfamiliar territory.

This is the timbre of much of the 'debate' about Puel - that he is obliged to transform a team which has lost its way, and is obliged to do so overnight or he will receive constant 'slagging-off' until he's forced out by ill-informed and impatient invective..

It's human nature to covet success - which is often a covert way of describing lording it over the other competitors in the game. But we have to be patient and we can be patient. This is the first time since the 1960s where Leicester have substantial resources in place - with owners who aren't concerned with making money directly from the club.

As fans posting on here, we have minimal 'clout' but, as a source of informed opinion, mixed with our emotional reaction, the forum is an excellent pointer for anyone with more influence to guage the general feeling of the support. Problem is that anyone reading much of what is written on this forum has to sort out the wheat from the chaff. While many of us are demanding what we want, fewer are thinking about how that might be achieved.

On the whole I agree bar the statement about Musa......because he is quite easily one of the worst players I’ve seen in my 21 years going to watch the city. Granted, I accept your points re-Simpson and possibly the other players I refer to as “done here”, which is exactly why Puel needs a chance to change these players, and shape the side he wants.... and the latter parts of your post again, I agree with... my personal frustration comes from the lack of logic applied by those arguing for Puel to go, when you simply have to look at what he has at his disposal.

Some instead miss the fact he’s had the balls to integrate youth players that certainly wouldn’t have had an opportunity under either Claudio or Shakespeare, I’m actually happy with the way we’ve (and I’ll be carefull how I say it) “progressed” thus far. We’ve managed to alter our style although not refined you can see there is potential for so much more... personally I am excited for what’s to come but at the same time frustrated with some of the assessments of this season, yes opinions are like people they’re all different, but sometimes you’d think some more seasoned supporters would apply a bit more logic before lynching the manager?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, FIF said:

I think there's a difference between respecting a player and commenting on his performance.

No Leicester fan in his right mind would have ANY disrespect for Wes Morgan, we are all in thrall of him but we have the right to say that we think he should be replaced in the team. To think that is disrespectful is downright stupid.

He was great for us, now we have better options and should be using them.

Simpson is a different case, I'd question how anyone can respect him as a person. We can be thankful of his performances as a player and the part (however weak) it was in our title but to say that we shouldn't be commenting on how poorly he is playing is ridiculous. He is the weakest point in our team as has been since he took over from De Laet. He is only still in the team because we haven't bought a decent replacement in - it's not his high skill level keeping him in the team. Just because he was a part of the title winning team shouldn't excuse him from our criticism or our wrath - he should be judged as any other player on his current performance - just look how some treat youngsters like Chilwell and Gray on here.

As for the other title winners I think they've all had and get plenty of respect. Even wantaway stars get respect.

Then again your post may simply have been a "like" grabber. If it was sorry for my reply. ;)

It was bound to Happen !  Sorry @FIF totally disagree on this one..Simpson bline defending in the

Title season,and upto Nov last year,was 2nd to none,absolute tremendous!

Like all fbs,he had his opponents,who had his number. But mentioning it again his alround backline

Defending allowing the CBs More freedom to move and occasionally stay forward,for me for awhile

Untouchable.

Dont bother pointing out mistakes,all defenders make EM!!   His positives far outweighed small slip ups.

Since last Nov however,Like 95% of our players has Been found wanting.

48 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

On the whole I agree bar the statement about Musa......because he is quite easily one of the worst players I’ve seen in my 21 years going to watch the city. Granted, I accept your points re-Simpson and possibly the other players I refer to as “done here”, which is exactly why Puel needs a chance to change these players, and shape the side he wants.... and the latter parts of your post again, I agree with... my personal frustration comes from the lack of logic applied by those arguing for Puel to go, when you simply have to look at what he has at his disposal.

Some instead miss the fact he’s had the balls to integrate youth players that certainly wouldn’t have had an opportunity under either Claudio or Shakespeare, I’m actually happy with the way we’ve (and I’ll be carefull how I say it) “progressed” thus far. We’ve managed to alter our style although not refined you can see there is potential for so much more... personally I am excited for what’s to come but at the same time frustrated with some of the assessments of this season, yes opinions are like people they’re all different, but sometimes you’d think some more seasoned supporters would apply a bit more logic before lynching the manager?

Hamza Choudhoury only really made it to the first team due to our injury and absence crisis in central midfield. Similar case with Darnell Johnson at right-back (although he's a centre-back by nature). George Thomas made the bench, once.

Coupled with Harvey Barnes getting a one-minute cameo in injury-time against Southampton (on matchday 34 out of 38) and Josh Knight with nine minutes against Fleetwood, it doesn't sound like "integration" to me, more a case of desperation since we were running out of options.

Let's see what Puel does in the remaining four fixtures, and - should he be given the summer transfer window - how it continues under his leadership. Talking about integrating youth players is one thing, then buying pros from abroad to fill vacancies, thus further limiting the possibilities for your own youth players, another.

And whether the youngsters would or wouldn't have an equal opportunity under Ranieri or Shakespeare remains pure guesswork, because both are no longer at the club.

Edited by MC Prussian

18 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....So disappointed by your reply!! I read this forum on a daily basis and find your comments usually to be balanced and to the point, tinged with sarcasm.

I cannot in this instance agree with your comments and perhaps feel that you have deliberately chosen to ignore the topic in question. 

The comments regarding Wes Morgan have been in most cases vitriolic and not as a meaningful critique of his performance. He has admittedly had poor games recently and currently any appraisal would I admit be deemed poor. It is possible to critique players without denigrating the individual which is a side of the forum I find to be distasteful.

In respect of Danny Simpson, I am not too sure why you can not show him any respect. You may have a jaundiced eye as regards him and give little praise to his contribution to the team. He has been a stalwart and boon to our defence, covering the centre backs and the back post to stop countless opportunities for the opposition.

We do need a right back and Puel wants an attacking player who can support the attack, that is not Simpson, never has been and never will be. We either play him  in the position that he has served this club so well or find someone else to take his place.

To continue to ask him to play in the way Puel requires, does him no justice and is an indictment of Puels' lack of man management and understanding.

I'm sorry to disappoint and will try to clarify.

I haven't noticed too many posters vitriolic about Morgan but perhaps I haven't read those threads - I tend to stay away from obvious demented threads. Most of the posters I've seen seem to appreciate him and what he has done but understand it's time to move on from him as he is now in decline and we have better options for our future, as we have sadly moved on from the fantastic mr. Huth.

As for Danny Simpson I can never give respect to a man who beats his wife, I feel it's an act of utmost cowardice and of a bully. To beat those who love you most - no respect from me. He should have been put in prison and fired from LCFC. 

For his football, I've acknowledged his adequacy, but I don't think it's ever been more than that, I think you overstate his defensive ability and he certainly isn't the man we need at RB now, everyone on FT wanted a new RB last summer. He has been our weakest link since he took over from De Laet.

I certainly can't blame Puel for not having the resources available. If he doesn't get in a decent RB this summer then maybe I'll attach some blame to him.

On 24/04/2018 at 09:42, Hanan96 said:

I think the frustration over them is not just because we have outgrown them

The frustration is because the club never seems find replacement for them unless they are injured. Not even proper backup. Treat them like unreplacable Cristiano ronaldo in this team is frustrating 

2 years ago they are good. Next season we got champions league and we only got guy like benalouane in our bench, don't you remember we even play without cb despite he's avaiable? 

This season we got maguire and dragovic. Only maguire play routinely, not to mention he might just like dragovic had huth not affected by injury 

We should realise that they aren't somebody to play week in week out anymore. Find proper replacement for them and give them other role. Even legend like man utd ryan giggs, paul scholes, ac milan paolo maldini, etc did not play everytime they are avaiable, give younger player chance to peform

See at us. What we have done to those players? Too much. Too frustrating 

What? English please