Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NorthfieldsFox

Surreal Experience seeing so many local born Liverpool fans in our city

Been out and about tonight oadby then into town and I’m totally totally shocked at how many u25 fans in this city follow Liverpool , standing room only in virtually every bar with BT sport on and 90% full with Liverpool fans. 

the screaming and roaring was surreal , I almost felt like I was wandering around Liverpool most of those fans never saw Liverpool win anything !

So what is LCFC failing at ? we must be failing having such a huge population of the local community following a team 120 miles away. 

I was shocked and quite saddened by the experience tonight.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Been out and about tonight oadby then into town and I’m totally totally shocked at how many u25 fans in this city follow Liverpool , standing room only in virtually every bar with BT sport on and 90% full with Liverpool fans. 

the screaming and roaring was surreal , I almost felt like I was wandering around Liverpool most of those fans never saw Liverpool win anything !

So what is LCFC failing at ? we must be failing having such a huge population of the local community following a team 120 miles away. 

I reckon it might have been the same in many city centres in the U.K. tonight.

There were always a number of Liverpool fans in Leicestershire 35 years ago when I was a kid and the next generation are probably just following in their fathers footsteps.

Like Man Utd, Liverpool have a large fan base all across the country so my guess is what you saw in Leicester tonight isn't unique.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

I just wonder if they’ve gained loads of ‘fans’ ( the armchair, or pub variety) due to the Hillsborough disaster ? The Munich disaster apparently had an effect with Man Utd in a similar way. 

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

There were always a number of Liverpool fans in Leicestershire 35 years ago when I was a kid and the next generation are probably just following in their fathers footsteps.

Like Man Utd, Liverpool have a large fan base all across the country so my guess is what you saw in Leicester tonight isn't unique.

This is true and I also think that a disproportionate percentage of Asian sub continent origin fans are Liverpool supporters (or more likely the children of Liverpool supporters). Quite why that’s the case I’m not sure but it’s going to be more relevant in Leicester than Bournemouth !

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Hummm it was mainly an Asian crowd in most place , I think we need to do more to make these kids be proud of their city and local club , I would most of these kids would have come from non football families .... 5 different bars and all rammed with local Liverpool fans

maybe your right , maybe it’s same in every city 

6 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I just wonder if they’ve gained loads of ‘fans’ ( the armchair, or pub variety) due to the Hillsborough disaster ? The Munich disaster apparently had an effect with Man Utd in a similar way. 

More to do with winning every year in the seventies and eighties - people tend to love a winner! 

And dont underestimate the support (worldwide) that Liverpool have. I saw it myself in Hong Kong last July - was astonishing. (And again, the majority of those supporters looked to be the children of Liverpool supporters rather than they had decided to be Liverpool fans). 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is true and I also think that a disproportionate percentage of Asian sub continent origin fans are Liverpool supporters (or more likely the children of Liverpool supporters). Quite why that’s the case I’m not sure but it’s going to be more relevant in Leicester than Bournemouth !

Ya you could be right here 

Just feel sorry them. Yeah, Liverpool might win the league soon, and have memories like Istanbul and quite possibly again very soon, but that's what their club has always done and is supposed to do. But they'll never, ever ever understand what winning that league meant to us. Ever. Just pity them. 

• Like 3