Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NorthfieldsFox

Surreal Experience seeing so many local born Liverpool fans in our city

20 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

There are always glory supporters. Some glory supporters have kids who follow the same glory supporting. This is hardly new or surprising.

Hundreds and hundreds of them ? Let’s hope thier kids don’t become victims as well 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

This is true and I also think that a disproportionate percentage of Asian sub continent origin fans are Liverpool supporters (or more likely the children of Liverpool supporters). Quite why that’s the case I’m not sure but it’s going to be more relevant in Leicester than Bournemouth !

This has an effect. Leicester has a large population of Asians from Africa. Their parents grew up with limited football coverage, which, from the premier league (or Div 1 as it was back than) probably mainly showed the best team in the land. That team was Liverpool. Most chose to follow them as a result (have many clients who tell me this). 

Of course, there is also a glory element for some of them following a "big club". 

However, id put a lot of money that most of these Liverpool fans followed our parade as if they were a part of it. I find that sad as I wouldn't join a Tottenham or Man City/united (teams from areas I've lived in) parade if one were to happen while I was there.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This has an effect. Leicester has a large population of Asians from Africa. Their parents grew up with limited football coverage, which, from the premier league (or Div 1 as it was back than) probably mainly showed the best team in the land. That team was Liverpool. Most chose to follow them as a result (have many clients who tell me this). 

Of course, there is also a glory element for some of them following a "big club". 

However, id put a lot of money that most of these Liverpool fans followed our parade as if they were a part of it. I find that sad as I wouldn't join a Tottenham or Man City/united (teams from areas I've lived in) parade if one were to happen while I was there.

I knew of a Derby fan who come to ours lol I wouldn't dream of it.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I knew of a Derby fan who come to ours lol I wouldn't dream of it.

I think you could tell who was a fan who wasn't mostly by the exodus when Kasabian came on. It was like black hawk down in reverse 

• Haha 1

Liverpool are a very well supported club, have to remember how many peoples' Dads support them which is often the team you inherit over where you live (look at me, I should support Palace if I went by where I grew up). Plenty of Liverpool fans in the pubs down here.

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Liverpool/ Leicester fan 

F8D812A0-A7D5-4969-80D3-DB3A16CE95BB.jpeg

This little shitcvnt probably ended up getting one and all. Saddens me that real supporters probably didnt get a ticket for that game thanks to people like him.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

I just wonder if they’ve gained loads of ‘fans’ ( the armchair, or pub variety) due to the Hillsborough disaster ? The Munich disaster apparently had an effect with Man Utd in a similar way. 

I wonder how many we picked up after La Manga ?. 

• Haha 2

This thread is pathetic. Sort of whiny sort of thing you'd see on a Spurs forum.

Liverpool have always been well supported. For anyone of my age (mid 40's) growing up in Leicestershire, there were probably more Liverpool fans than any other club in my school. Leicester were pretty shit at the time, Man United were still in the "sleeping" phase of being a giant. Arsenal hadn't won anything for ages, Spurs were - well they were just Spurs. 

• Like 3

Youve only gotta look at the footage of YNWA from when they toured Oz to see they have an incredible support base, cant figure out why to be honest, I think they may have more in Oz then Man Utd do.

It could be down to YNWA being popular, and 2nd gen pommy kids who saw their parents watching liverpool during the 80s. We got limited coverage and LP seemed to be everywhere back then.

Reminds me of that Middle aged Asian guy (can't remember his name) that was going wild on TV when we won the league and then openly admitted he was a lifelong Liverpool fan and that he would stop supporting us if we stopped winning. 

5 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Reminds me of that Middle aged Asian guy (can't remember his name) that was going wild on TV when we won the league and then openly admitted he was a lifelong Liverpool fan and that he would stop supporting us if we stopped winning. 

I think I know who you mean. It was a BBC article about how he was a man Utd fan growing up, who now supported leicester due to the amazing season during the 15/16.

I know so many it's unreal but many have inherited their fathers allegiance or merely due to 70s/80s lfc being dominant.  

It will change slowly over time if we remain in the PL. 

I too live in a place which has a large black and asian population. 

A very high proportion of these follow liverpool who are of a similar age to me.

One of the main reasons for them supporting them is to do with John Barnes  , who was an iconic figure back them and they felt represented black people, and Nothing whatsoever to  do with Liverpool being kings of Europe at the time.

Non of them however supported Watford, where Barnes was signed from,(for those that didn't know) or West Brom who had a fantastic team with many black players at the time.

Funny that?