Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NorthfieldsFox

Surreal Experience seeing so many local born Liverpool fans in our city

10 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Been out and about tonight oadby then into town and I’m totally totally shocked at how many u25 fans in this city follow Liverpool , standing room only in virtually every bar with BT sport on and 90% full with Liverpool fans. 

the screaming and roaring was surreal , I almost felt like I was wandering around Liverpool most of those fans never saw Liverpool win anything !

So what is LCFC failing at ? we must be failing having such a huge population of the local community following a team 120 miles away. 

I was shocked and quite saddened by the experience tonight.  

You’ve got to question the upbringing 

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue

I have no bitterness if I'm included in your sermon.but to state the racist attitudes of city fans drove Asians into becoming Liverpool fans is lazy and wrong. 

Liverpool are the only team from the top 6 that I can stand, so I hope they win it. The same happened when they were closing in  on the title in 2014 though, pubs were full of them. 

The worst is a big United game though. I was at the Bierkeller in Birmingham when they won the Manchester derby and the place erupted when Smalling scored. Embarrassing.

Edited by RonnieTodger

At Anfield this season we had someone from Leicester supporting Liverpool in the away end asked how he got a ticket he said 'My mate got it me' he soon moved though when someone threatened to kick his head in. While you have season ticket holders / members buying tickets for the opposition you are always going to get Leicester people supporting other clubs.

Guest Markyblue

Supporting city is our thing who cares about the sad cases that live here and don'.t.they can win 10 European cups and never ever feel like we did on that Monday night. 

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

So Leicester fans were racist and those lovable scallywags weren't. Give it a rest.

55 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I have no bitterness if I'm included in your sermon.but to state the racist attitudes of city fans drove Asians into becoming Liverpool fans is lazy and wrong. 

Was you even a regular at FS in the 70's and 80's?

The kop belting out out national front type chants. If you was but don't remember it you should perhaps see your Dr.

Ps I'll repost this in five minutes incase you've forgotten. lol lol lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Was you even a regular at FS in the 70's and 80's?

The kop belting out out national front type chants. If you was but don't remember it you should perhaps see your Dr.

Ps I'll repost this in five minutes incase you've forgotten. lol lol lol 

As promise lol lol lol lol 

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just feel sorry them. Yeah, Liverpool might win the league soon, and have memories like Istanbul and quite possibly again very soon, but that's what their club has always done and is supposed to do. But they'll never, ever ever understand what winning that league meant to us. Ever. Just pity them. 

I totally get your point but for younger generation Liverpool fans who have NEVER seen their team win the league, why would it be so different for them to see something they have never seen before in their lifetime...?

Their expectation levels may be higher but the realty is Ive seen my club win the PL title more often than any LFC supporter.

We will never forget our day but it doesnt mean no-one else might one day share the same joy

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Leicester firm in the 80s most multiracial outside the Zulu not saying we were completely non racist but were Liverpool your missing the point maybe you should see your doctor.and yes I was there were you. 

I grew up in Mahkedahbra and went to school in Northampton. There were very few humans, let alone City supporters.

Seriously though... Barely any my age in town, and even fewer at school. Come to think of it, I can't remember a single one in my year. Mostly Liverpool and Manchester United. 

Even Stearman was a Liverpool supporter, if I recall correctly. 

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Leicester firm in the 80s most multiracial outside the Zulu not saying we were completely non racist but were Liverpool your missing the point maybe you should see your doctor.and yes I was there were you. 

Were you the git that kept standing on my foot and kept spilling your fag ash over me?  

Pen 3 and then 2 were pretty unpleasant places to be from a racist perspective but then so was everywhere back then .....

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Were you the git that kept standing on my foot and kept spilling your fag ash over me?  

Pen 3 and then 2 were pretty unpleasant places to be from a racist perspective but then so was everywhere back then .....

I don't smoke ?and finally someone has stated what I've said all along it wasn't a Leicester problem but nation wide with the unwa brigade worst than most.

11 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I don't smoke ?and finally someone has stated what I've said all along it wasn't a Leicester problem but nation wide with the unwa brigade worst than most.

I think you are missing the point a bit @Markyblue I maybe speaking out of turn here but I think @Dr The Singh was merely implying that abuse from locals could have and quite clearly did in some cases put people off following their local team. Racism and attitudes were different in the 70's and 80's compared to how they are now, so yes this was a nationwide thing as you stated.

From a Leicester fan point of view, if local Asians were abused, it would be quite easy to go and support another team. If you were to pick another team then why not pick the best? As a 'glory fan' you are highly unlikely to attend many, if any games therefore you wouldn't see the abuse first hand at said club (Liverpool in this case).

However, I do believe were and still are more reasons for fans' to 'glory' support than just racism but it can't be denied that it was a factor in some cases.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Been out and about tonight oadby then into town and I’m totally totally shocked at how many u25 fans in this city follow Liverpool , standing room only in virtually every bar with BT sport on and 90% full with Liverpool fans. 

the screaming and roaring was surreal , I almost felt like I was wandering around Liverpool most of those fans never saw Liverpool win anything !

So what is LCFC failing at ? we must be failing having such a huge population of the local community following a team 120 miles away. 

Liverpool just a massive team always have been always will be, and a Champions League semi final just gets all the arm chairers into the pubs.

15 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

In my opinion, there just seems to be no real connection between club and fans.

• Like 1