Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamark

Palace at the weekend ? Are we having a topic

It would be great if we could get a result there- I like some of what Puel is doing, and I think the club could really develop as a whole with him in charge. He seems to be a long-term builder, like uncle Nige was. 

However, we do need to get our act together on the pitch. I want to see more aggression, more speed, more urgency, more intent to win the game when we're on level terms rather than when we passively and inevitably go 1-0 down.

Whether it's the style of play he wants us to play, a style which hasn't clicked yet or the players not putting their heart into the project, I don't know. I fear that if we pick up fewer than 4 points from our remaining games though, there will be an air of negativity heading into a massive summer for us. We all need to be pulling in the same direction going forward at a really important time.

Come on City, do the business this weekend.

...go back to 4-4-1-1 , Diabate on the right wing and Gray on the left.

Absolutely no point in playing 4-2-3-1 for the rest of the season as half the team will not be here and Puel  can continue his revolution next year. He has had long enough to get the players he will retain for next year, used to his pattern of play and as the team will be broken up it seems pointless to continue what he is trying to do.

This is a chance to reset and I can see a well need win as a result.

Given most, if not all of our recent displays, this is a crucial game against the type of team that possess the fighting spirit of a team I used to support. Another toothless, abject display and I feel the writing will be on the wall for Puel. Not only that you have to protect the integrity of the competition and allowing a relegation threatened team to easily gather the points....hats off to Man City v Swansea last weekend! If we can't beat teams in the bottom six then that is where we'll be heading next season.

• Thanks 1

Agreed. We'll certainly win the possession stats but Palace will win the game. We have defenders who can no longer defend, midfielders that can't shoot and only pass sideways, wingers that can't cross and never track back (Albrighton excepted)  and a lone striker who must be totally fed up. Please wake me up when Puel has gone.

I've a feeling that Puel will be desperate enough to abandon to the usual borefest  and revert to our old style, at least until the end of the season. He'll probably chuck a youth teamer in as well.

Zaha is annoying, so I would be tempted to bring Simpson back even though he usually gets wrecked by anyone with a bit of skill. 

Schmeichel/Whoever

Simpson Dragovic Maguire Chilwell

Gray Silva Ndidi Albrighton

Barnes Vardy

Subs: GK, Morgan, Fuchs, Mahrez, Choudhury, Diabate, Okazaki

I am a big Mahrez fan boy but he'll be gone soon so we may as well begin experimenting a bit. Barnes should get a go because why the **** not. 

• Like 1