Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Liamlcfc1

Ben Gibson - Burnley

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

People just need to get used to this, we are and always will be a selling club. Not in the sense of us needing the money, or the owners cashing in. But in the sense that there will always be bigger clubs than Leicester that our players and managers would prefer to go to. It's just the way it is.

 

What's key is buying the right replacements.

 

I was aiming my point at @MC Prussian saying something along the lines of buying Gibson and Mawson would give us stability at CB for the next 4 or 5 years. When in reality if they’re any good this won’t be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, glen parva fox said:

Would prefer Alfie Mawson, surprised no one has bought him yet, I know West Spam were linked

...not Everton?? 

In that case we don't want him! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

 

I was aiming my point at @MC Prussian saying something along the lines of buying Gibson and Mawson would give us stability at CB for the next 4 or 5 years. When in reality if they’re any good this won’t be the case. 

Sure, there are many factors coming into play. Players wanting to leave, agents pushing for a move, other clubs trying to unsettle players, the media.

Yet the scenario is not impossible. Smalling and Jones have been at Manchester United for eight and seven years respectively. And we've had other players staying at LCFC for four or five years before, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we getting to the point where we need to buy sh!t players to be left alone?  With some of our purchases since the league win that appears to be the strategy. 

 

On a serious note. Mawson would be a good shout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Are we getting to the point where we need to buy sh!t players to be left alone?  With some of our purchases since the league win that appears to be the strategy. 

 

On a serious note. Mawson would be a good shout. 

We sold Jeff for £300m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gerard said:

 

If a club makes a hostile bid for one of our players they should pay a premium. Not only that we should have someone else lined up, we should only be doing it on our terms. 

 

Maguire is a good player but anyone turning their nose up at the best part of £80m has little concept of value.

Quite right too! Did we not do that with Marhez in the January window ie 90m? If so same again. Pay up or shut up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Saltburn near Middlesbrough today and the  local landlord says that we are very interested in him.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mhs123 said:

In Saltburn near Middlesbrough today and the  local landlord says that we are very interested in him.

 

clutching-at-straws.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's classy, just weak aerially. If it's between him Mawson, Lacelles I'd probably just favour Jamal but if Ben was available cheaper I wouldn't complain.

 

Another Ben I'm surprised doesn't get mentioned is Mee, he's essential to Burnley's solidity, captained them and a left footer; they've sold their main players before for the right price too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2018 at 22:05, ARM1968 said:

Are we getting to the point where we need to buy sh!t players to be left alone?  With some of our purchases since the league win that appears to be the strategy. 

 

On a serious note. Mawson would be a good shout. 

We have bought several shit players in the recent past but are still not being let alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

We have bought several shit players in the recent past but are still not being let alone.

Then we buy more goddamit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Then we buy more goddamit. 

I have every confidence in our scouting team to achieve your suggestion.  They are past masters at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then, eventually we won’t have to go through this anymore and we can play our League 1 matches safe from poaching. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mhs123 said:

In Saltburn near Middlesbrough today and the  local landlord says that we are very interested in him.

 

So is Gibson just a smokescreen then?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mhs123 said:

In Saltburn near Middlesbrough today and the  local landlord says that we are very interested in him.

What position does he play?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Moving to saltburn soon. Can you give us the name of the landlords boozer?

Middlesborough are well worth supporting, by the way..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2018 at 12:32, toddybad said:

Mawson would cost the best part of £40m. That isn't happening.

Apparently Mawson is 25 large

Would be good value in a year or two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in Turkey and chatting to a Boro fan. His lads in academy and his dad has connections. Reckons he's on his way to us. I had a word with Dean Gordon on the back of that as his lad just signed pro terms (who I met whilst here 6 years ago lol) and he reckons he's on his way out but not sure who to. Might be nowt. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

Just in Turkey and chatting to a Boro fan. His lads in academy and his dad has connections. Reckons he's on his way to us. I had a word with Dean Gordon on the back of that as his lad just signed pro terms (who I met whilst here 6 years ago lol) and he reckons he's on his way out but not sure who to. Might be nowt. 

 

Good to see you post again. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2018 at 15:03, MC Prussian said:

At least we have a handful of players who have remained true to LCFC over recent years, such as Vardy, King, Schmeichel, Morgan. Followed by Simpson, Albrighton and Ulloa.

Hopefully, the same can be said for youngsters such as Chilwell, Choudhury, Ndidi or Maddison.

Probably because, with a couple of exceptions, nobody else has tried to sign them.

Loyal to the their bank accounts?

 

Ulloa said he'd never play for the club again so he's far from being loyal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Probably because, with a couple of exceptions, nobody else has tried to sign them.

Loyal to the their bank accounts?

 

Ulloa said he'd never play for the club again so he's far from being loyal.

He also doesn’t know what he’s talking about, clearly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...