Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Do we need to get rid of some "big players" in the dressing room?

We need to first get rid of the players that simply aren’t good enough. These being:

Hamer, Jakupovic, Benalouane, Mendy, Musa, Kapustka, Gray, Slimani, Ulloa

Then we have some pretty average players:

Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Chilwell, Fuchs, Silva, Iborra, Okazaki, Albrighton, Iheanacho 

Then we have some decent players:

Schmeichel, Dragovic, Maguire, Ndidi, Mahrez, Diabate, Vardy

The first list of players need to be thrown out. Get them off the wage bill, they’re deadwood. As for the second list of players, some can stay as squad players but others need to improved upon/moved on. Players like Simpson, Chilwell, Albrighton & Okazaki are fine as squad players imo.

The third list of players are the ones we need to try keep hold of and build around.

• Like 2

Just now, foxes21 said:

We need to first get rid of the players that simply aren’t good enough. These being:

Hamer, Jakupovic, Benalouane, Mendy, Musa, Kapustka, Gray, Slimani, Ulloa

Then we have some pretty average players:

Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Chilwell, Fuchs, Silva, Iborra, Okazaki, Albrighton, Iheanacho 

Then we have some decent players:

Schmeichel, Dragovic, Maguire, Ndidi, Mahrez, Diabate, Vardy

The first list of players need to be thrown out. Get them off the wage bill, they’re deadwood. As for the second list of players, some can stay as squad players but others need to improved upon/moved on. Players like Simpson, Chilwell, Albrighton & Okazaki are fine as squad players imo.

The third list of players are the ones we need to try keep hold of and build around.

I concur with the notion and have suggested similar.

The problem is: Some of these players are on big contracts and can't just be shown the door. Not that easily.

Well, with our owners we could, but we're talking principle here.

With others, you have to ask yourself whether we'll be able to find clubs who'd take them off us.

• Like 1

Of course we do.

We need an overhaul as a whole.

However whilst the manager still picks them I can't stick up for him, grow some bollocks and drop them.

Whilst there aren't many options, there are options, whilst Dragovic may or may not want to commit his future he's better than what we have so play him, there is talk of bringing the youth through, so use them, don't keep picking the same old trouble makers if they are indeed trouble makers. Put your foot down, stand up to them, grow some bollocks.

3 hours ago, 49er said:

Our transfer policy should be to focus on players with Premier League. Forget about trying to unearth the next Mahrez in the French second division or looking at players  in other European leagues. Here's my list of who we should be looking at:

Shaqiri

Shawcross

Allen

Lascelles

Lanzini

Antonio

Creswell

Rondon

all players in struggling teams? Yes maybe they are the better players in said teams but why would they make us better when they can’t keep their own sides in the premier league.... barring Lascelles

Say what you want about the players but they were playing some excellent football just a few months ago - Many were even saying they looked better than the side that won the league. 

It was the manager that moved away from it and tried to get them playing the dog sh1t style were been serving up.

I don't doubt that the psychological impact of winning the title and achieving their wildest dreams sapped some of the hunger from the 'old guard'. However I'm not sure that, Mahrez aside, they are necessarily the self-destructive force which has hurt us for the past two years.

The press source which has talked of dressing room unrest has gone to pains to state that the 'old guard' aren't, perhaps, the most disgruntled group of players on board at the moment. A lot of the names mentioned weren't even at the club when Ranieri, so what's happened recently shouldn't reinforce the widely held belief that our title winners stabbed Ranieri in the back.

Was there ever a thing about players not making any effort for the manager under Pearson? Don't know about that. There are things you can criticise in his management but that's not really one of them. Anyone who wasn't making an effort was targeted and shipped out.

Vardy, Ndidi, Maguire, Diabate, Iborra and Albrighton are the only ones I'd be that arsed about losing. Albrighton's probably a little controversial but he's a steady player, quite versatile and I just can't imagine him being a bad character at all.

Mahrez is damaged goods. Sell him and move on.

Silva I think could come good so I'd keep him too.

Schmeichel's been horrible this season, he's done more good than bad so I may let him off, but we definitely need more competition for him. It is absolutely laughable that Ben Hamer's still getting starts for us. Our recruitment has been absolutely laughable.

Simpson if he's happy to be back-up then I'm happy to say he can stay.

Morgan, same as Simpson, but I'm less inclined to think he'd be happy. In which case, sell.

Fuchs, sell. He's not arsed anymore.

Chilwell I think I'd probably take a good offer to be honest.

Gray I'm praying Bournemouth are back in for. He's painfully ordinary.

Iheanacho I'm inclined to say sell.

Okazaki maybe back-up. Undecided.

So yeah for me, get rid of Morgan, Fuchs, Chilwell, Gray, Iheanacho, Mahrez and take it from there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 49er said:

Our transfer policy should be to focus on players with Premier League. Forget about trying to unearth the next Mahrez in the French second division or looking at players  in other European leagues. Here's my list of who we should be looking at:

Shaqiri

Shawcross

Allen

Lascelles

Lanzini

Antonio

Creswell

Rondon

Mostly playing for struggling teams.  Just for change, why not try to sign some ‘winners’ ?

• Like 1

That Puel continues to pick Morgan says all anyone needs to know, players pick the team not the manager. Would never happen in a properly managed club which suggests an ownership succumbed to player power. So it needs a strong manager who can neutralise the owners interference and kick the teddy throwers into touch. The senior players are all approaching retirement age anyway, so it really shouldn't be that difficult a task to pull off a dressing room transition to a led and fed group of players.

Any incoming manager may have £100mn to spend in the Summer with a couple of high ticket exits so its a big roll gamble about to be played whoever leads it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bazly said:

That Puel continues to pick Morgan says all anyone needs to know, players pick the team not the manager. Would never happen in a properly managed club which suggests an ownership succumbed to player power. So it needs a strong manager who can neutralise the owners interference and kick the teddy throwers into touch. The senior players are all approaching retirement age anyway, so it really shouldn't be that difficult a task to pull off a dressing room transition to a led and fed group of players.

Any incoming manager may have £100mn to spend in the Summer with a couple of high ticket exits so its a big roll gamble about to be played whoever leads it.

Spot on. As soon as I saw Morgan back in the side yesterday I suspected Puel had lost the dressing room. The players are picking the teams it would seem.

Morgan has been captain marvel for us. But every dog has his day. He’s now a spent force. He was never the quickest and is now painfully slow. He must go.

I'd get rid of a lot. We need a strong manager to just tell them. Players like Kasper, out.

I said about a year ago, the first biggest problem is paying £100,000 a week to certain players. 

8 hours ago, SystonFox said:

all players in struggling teams? Yes maybe they are the better players in said teams but why would they make us better when they can’t keep their own sides in the premier league.... barring Lascelles

You can't write players off for being in rlelgated teams.  Lots of good players have been relegated.

Harry Maguire for instance.

15 hours ago, 49er said:

Shaqiri

Shawcross

Allen

Lascelles

Lanzini

Antonio

Creswell

Rondon

Basically players in teams not good enough to stay in the division. That'll definitely make us better.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ozvaldo said:

I don’t understand why Gray has such an attitude.

He’s being picked more often but doesn’t do anything on the pitch.  

Any player who openly questions a national team selection has the wrong attitude.

He actually think and says he should be within the remits of an England call up.

Laughable. You didn't see top players like Lampard or Gerrard etc using the media to push their own agenda for a call up. I watched Ashley Barnes on Goals on Sunday today. He could be called up to Austria. He said he's heard nothing and he's just concentrating on football and to cross the international bridge when it comes. Then you have Demi (who gave him that egotistical nickname) who captains the England under21s for once and then thinking he deserves a call up.

Sell him. Says it all when a Ligue 2 player comes in and most of our fans thinks he should start ahead of Gray. To think we rejected that Bournemouth bid too. (Another "recruitment/DoF" failure). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 49er said:

Shaqiri

Shawcross

Allen

Lascelles

Lanzini

Antonio

Creswell

Rondon

Decent shortlist there, particularly joe Allen.

i wouldn’t be sad to see most of the current squad go if I’m honest.

Id like to keep

vardy

okazaki

maguire

silva

ndidi

everyone else I wouldn’t be too bothered about.

But the players I’d especially like to leave are

Musa

James

King

mahrez

kasper

morgan

huth

Slimani

and chilwell, Choudry  and Barnes should be back up players at best,

or be sent out on loan.

Without Puel,we would be in a relegation battle right now. He's doing his best with what he's got. It's not his fault that other teams still in a relegation battle are more hungry for a win as opposed to his players who have been safe for a while now

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Decent shortlist there, particularly joe Allen.

i wouldn’t be sad to see most of the current squad go if I’m honest.

Id like to keep

vardy

okazaki

maguire

silva

ndidi

everyone else I wouldn’t be too bothered about.

But the players I’d especially like to leave are

Musa

James

King

mahrez

kasper

morgan

huth

Slimani

and chilwell, Choudry  and Barnes should be back up players at best,

or be sent out on loan.

And gray to go!