Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

The owners.......

Does anyone ever query the owners?

Don’t shoot me down I’m asking a serious question. 

Look, the owners have been great, invested mass amounts of cash and paid of the debt and have been big contributors to the success in the last few years. However, I’m starting to question them, Shakespeare’s long term appointment was weird and Puel is now looking like a bad appointment. I’m questioning their choices of recent times inc players being bought in, Rudkin has a lot to answer for along with most of the people below him. I’m just starting to question their skills in owning a football club, I feel like if Puel goes and a bad appointment takes place people will start to turn on them. I accept we could do a lot worse and I’m not criticising them, I’m just questioning the descions of late.

4 minutes ago, Lcfc_ben said:

I do not query our owners... I think they have too much faith in the people around them. I highly doubt any of the signings or managerial appointments have had anything to do with them!

Eriksen? 

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Look, the owners have been great, invested mass amounts of cash and paid of the debt and have been big contributors to the success in the last few years. However, I’m starting to question them, Shakespeare’s long term appointment was weird and Puel is now looking like a bad appointment. I’m questioning their choices of recent times inc players being bought in, Rudkin has a lot to answer for along with most of the people below him. I’m just starting to question their skills in owning a football club, I feel like if Puel goes and a bad appointment takes place people will start to turn on them. I accept we could do a lot worse and I’m not criticising them, I’m just questioning the descions of late.

You start off by querying the Owners decisions and then you mention Rudkin??   Their only fault is, as I see it, is to trust Rudkin.   They have been brilliant and King Power is a successful brand.  

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Mister said:

They've made poor managerial selections apart from Pearson and Ranieri. Also they persist with the same crap that's offered at the higher level, i.e. the Director of Football.

My point.

7 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Where we be without them? hiring great managers in league one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Without them I wouldn’t have had the best football  year of my life!!!

No, I don’t question them….  Still sad about the Claudio decision though  

Like I said they’ve done unbelievable amounts to this club.

• Like 1

I don't question their motives at all, they obviously want what's best for the club and are willing to invest large amounts of money to achieve success. But you're right, some of the managerial appointments since they arrived have been very poor, in fact out of 6 appointments, only two have been successful (Pearson and Ranieri) and Pearson was a man they had previously pushed out of the club. 

However, I don't think the appointments can be completely put down to them. I think, personally, they have been badly advised, and through naïvety have allowed Rudkin to achieve a position of power far above his station. He has weedled his way into their 'inner-circle' if you like, something which he did I believe around 14-15, when he began sitting up in the stands with them? They have placed too much trust in him to make footballing appointments, however they did it mainly because they felt he was a man who knew the club and could do right by it. What they failed to consider was the fact he had no previous directing experience and was essentially just a youth football coach.

So no, I don't question the owners. I question the people around them at board level, Rudkin, Macia, et al. They are responsible for the bad appointments and shocking transfer business.

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I think they have the final say when it comes to sacking a manager, however, when it comes to recruitment, I don't think it has anything to do with them.

Think they're badly advised more than anything else.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

They've made poor managerial selections apart from Pearson and Ranieri. Also they persist with the same crap that's offered at the higher level, i.e. the Director of Football.

Ranieri appointment was great, he won the league.

Managerial appointments is a bit of a lottery though isn't it? Everybody thought Ranieri would fail, he didn't, the players seemed to respond to shakespeare, it seemed most thought he should be given a crack, Puels promise of developing youth, bring us a new plan seemed a good idea, it's a faith game, they either give Puel money and time or they get rid, unfortunately Puels has not shown anything which will give them any confidence which is why he'll probably be gone

• Like 1

Unless I'm willing to chuck in 300 or 400 million of my own money.....

No

Generally for what ever reason thay do what's in the club's best interests, some times they make mistakes but then again, don't we all? 

Edited by coolhandfox
Typo
  • Like 3

They clearly take guidance and trust those giving the advice. They have made mistakes and they have paid for it by the million, tens of millions. They gave us a trip never expected or never to be forgotten and have committed to a huge new training complex on a par with any club in Europe. They like all owners will make mistakes and have made mistakes but put them right. Struggling to think of better owners maybe Man City bought they bought the title we won ours. Any mistakes will not be deliberate and they only want what is best for the club

Puel got the job because he had big plans on the style of football, the youth team and above all the direction he was taking us, you could see why the owners ultimately went for him.

You only have to look at the likes of Eddie Howe and Marco Silva, it doesn’t always work out.

So you can’t really blame the owners.

44 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Are you suggesting the owners should be more involved with football matters? 

How have we seen that go in the past - where Chairman interfere with a side they know very little about? The owners should only concentrate on the areas they excel at, the business and branding side of the club.

That's not to say they can't have input on an important decision such as a manager and what's happening on the pitch - but they are doing the right thing in having football people separate to them advising on these issues and assisting in the decision making process. Whether you think those football people are any good (i.e. Rudkin) is another matter.