Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

The owners.......

I think we have some of the best owners around

Many fans of bigger clubs admire the generosity and support of the Thias( I live in Spurs territory!)

But we have underperformed badly after a superb platform

Rudkin and co have cost the club millions by poor inept management and recruitment 

If the club really want to progress we need a new DOF urgently

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Markyblue

Premier league title. New training ground on the way.ground expansion on the way.free beer.how much more can they do.close the thread and let' talk some sense. 

13 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A lot of people attribute all of our recent success to them, so surely some responsibility lies with them for the not so good decisions/appointments? 

Who continues to appoint and promote Rudkin? 

Yeah, quite. If people are going to credit them with being responsible for everything good that happens then they can't be immune from criticism when stuff goes tits up too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

The consortium appointed Levein and Kelly - yes crap appointments both of them but we weren't exactly flush with cash at the time.

Levein did ok - not great and made some duff signings but managed to get the wage bill and average age down. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, red5 said:

I'll not be sorry if they pack up and go home, I don't believe they're so honourable as they make out, 

thanks for the premier league but you can do one now.

I'm not sure this is the wisest post ever. Unless you're trolling, in which case world class. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, red5 said:

I'll not be sorry if they pack up and go home, I don't believe they're so honourable as they make out, 

The lack of gratitude from some on here beggars belief. We are currently going through a difficult period on the pitch which I believe will improve next season albeit probably without Puel.

Their level of investment has been incredible and they have brought us success that we couldn't even dream of. We have never had better owners than these and it's very unlikely that we ever will.

To be quite frank I would much prefer it if you did one.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
2 hours ago, red5 said:

You're either joking or drunk which one is it.

2 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

The lack of gratitude from some on here beggars belief. We are currently going through a difficult period on the pitch which I believe will improve next season albeit probably without Puel.

Their level of investment has been incredible and they have brought us success that we couldn't even dream of. We have never had better owners than these and it's very unlikely that we ever will.

Do they get a free pass for continuing to employ and promote Rudkin beyond his competence? Genuine question. 

They've done great things for the club without any shadow of a doubt. They wrote off millions of pounds worth of debt and invested heavily in the infrastructure of the club, things I'll always be grateful for. However, people on here can't seriously be suggesting that they don't have anything to do with managerial appointments and sackings. Even if they're not directly involved in that process (which surely they are), they're employing the people who are. 

The question is what do you all want/expect LCFC to become? The premier league title - as amazing as it was - was a one off and we will never see the likes of it again from any club. We are currently sitting financially secure, safe and secure in the premier league and we were a couple of mistakes away from 2 cup semi-finals. We will never be big enough to compete with the top 5/6 year in year out so exactly what is it you want? Me personally? I’m a whole lot happier than where we were when they took over the reigns 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, red5 said:

Surely you can find a late Chemist open to dispense your tablets?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do they get a free pass for continuing to employ and promote Rudkin beyond his competence? Genuine question. 

Fair question. No they shouldn't get a free pass and us fans have every right to constructively question some of their decisions or their delegated decisions. But to tell them to pack up, go home and do one, is rude and unappreciative beyond belief, after what they have done for our football club.

With regard to Rudkin, I tend to agree with you and on face value I'm not a big fan like many others on here. But personally I don't really know the inner workings of the club, so can't say whether he is the problem or not. I suspect that he is at least part of the problem. But he would no doubt point to the fact that he has presided over the most successful period in the history of LCFC whilst in his current position of DOF.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, red5 said:

Looking at this I can only assume that you seriously lack capacity.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Strokes said:

And Megson played his part, playing 8 defenders at home to wolves and still losing.

We drew that game, that was King's debut I think. A proper exciting 0-0.

Sheffield United we played with about nine defenders and Danny Webber scored, they won 1-0. It was ****ing shit and Megson was roundly booed and told to **** off to Bolton, he left the next day if I remember right. Or at least almost immediately after.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We drew that game, that was King's debut I think. A proper exciting 0-0.

Sheffield United we played with about nine defenders and Danny Webber scored, they won 1-0. It was ****ing shit and Megson was roundly booed and told to **** off to Bolton, he left the next day if I remember right. Or at least almost immediately after.

Yeah you’re right, I thought Sheffield United after I posted. I think they were close together and both horrendous, hence the merged and blurred memories. :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...