Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Mahmoud Hassan / Trezeguet ??‍♂️

Everton, Leicester, Burnley eyeing Egypt forward Mahmoud Hassan

Premier League trio Everton, Leicester and Burnley are eyeing a move for Egypt international forward Mahmoud Hassan, sources have told ESPN FC.

Hassan, who is nicknamed "Trezeguet" after the former French striker David Trezeguet, has impressed this season on loan at Turkish side Kasimpasa from Anderlecht.

The 23-year-old has scored 14 goals and laid on five assists for Kasimpasa so far this season and his performances have brought him to the attention of several clubs across Europe.

Everton, Leicester and Burnley have sent scouts to watch Hassan in action and they are considering moves for him as they look to bolster their attacking options for next season.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3481993/everton-leicester-and-burnley-eyeing-egypt-international-mahmoud-hassan-sources

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Any rumour which involves a player nobody has ever heard of and includes more than one club is total sh*te.

Just because you've not heard of him it doesn't mean it's not true. We're probably not interested but we've probably scouted him still.

4 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

I’ve just watched a few videos and read a few forums about him. 

I can’t say I’m familiar with him.

He seems to be fairly highly thought of. 

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Any rumour which involves a player nobody has ever heard of and includes more than one club is total sh*te.

Great nickname though- "Trezeguet" much better than the new Messi or Henry. 

Anyone with alleged nicknames of current or past players also go on the do not sign list lol

So this bloke, Mahmoud Hassan, is self-proclaimed as Trezeguet because he'd like to be known as/associated with David Trezeguet. In that case, please refer to me as Andrea Pirlo henceforth. 

What a fvcking tit. Next. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

So this bloke, Mahmoud Hassan, is self-proclaimed as Trezeguet because he'd like to be known as/associated with David Trezeguet. In that case, please refer to me as Andrea Pirlo henceforth. 

What a fvcking tit. Next. 

Who said it was self-proclaimed? I've read articles about the guy which say he was given the nickname as he looks similar to David. What a stupid and petulant reason to avoid even wanting to look at a player.

Edited by Beechey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Who said it was self-proclaimed? I've read articles about the guy which say he was given the nickname as he looks similar to David. What a stupid and petulant reason to avoid even wanting to look at a player.

It's self-proclaimed because he chooses to have it one his shirt is what I actually meant. That's odd.

My post was also somewhat tongue in cheek, hence referring to myself as Pirlo. I wasn't being petulant lol

• Like 1

Usually YouTube videos show glimpses of players and their ability, and none of the crap they dish out in the rest of the game, they are usually made to increase hype about a player and get the imagination ticking over of "imagine if he can do that regularly" 

In this case I don't think a single clip I've seen would even be a scenario in the prem. 

Even against dog shit opposition all of those goals and skills looked uncomfortable. Against a prem team none of them would have gone in...

Edited by cityfanlee23

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Usually YouTube videos show glimpses of players and their ability, and none of the crap they dish out in the rest of the game, they are usually made to increase hype about a player and get the imagination ticking over of "imagine if he can do that regularly" 

In this case I don't think a single clip I've seen would even be a scenario in the prem. 

Even against dog shit opposition all of those goals and skills looked uncomfortable. Against a prem team none of them would have gone in...

I bet you could make up a youtube of any local footballer that would make people ask why they play at that level. I'm not saying people would think we should sign them. But lots would say he could play league two.

I know I've got a dozen goals that people would talk about. But only ever played City and District league.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I bet you could make up a youtube of any local footballer that would make people ask why they play at that level. I'm not saying people would think we should sign them. But lots would say he could play league two.

I know I've got a dozen goals that people would talk about. But only ever played City and District league.

That's it. 

The videos are purely to show what players could be capable of, if they were doing it consistently most wouldn't be playing at the level they are. In some cases you do get the odd player come from nowhere though. 

That said the video of this guy gave me zero excitement.

Half the clips are crap, you can only beat what's infront of you but from the look of those clips what's infront of him are part timers. 

• Like 1

I know it's just a highlight reel, but I quite liked what I saw to be honest. Only thing is we don't really need any more strikers for the moment, unless they're willing to live in Vardy's shadow for a couple more years.

We need a number 10, not a striker per se.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

That's it. 

The videos are purely to show what players could be capable of, if they were doing it consistently most wouldn't be playing at the level they are. In some cases you do get the odd player come from nowhere though. 

Mahrez Vardy are two of ours Lennon being another.

I do take most Youtubes the same as them "He won the league for me on FM" type comments.

If Youtube was any good scouts would never go to watch games lol lol lol 

6 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I know it's just a highlight reel, but I quite liked what I saw to be honest. Only thing is we don't really need any more strikers for the moment, unless they're willing to live in Vardy's shadow for a couple more years.

We need a number 10, not a striker per se.

I agree totaly with the number 10. But as for a striker we don't know what the plans are with the rest of the squad. Musa Slim and Nacho could all be off in a few weeks. So what happens if Vardy is injured.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I agree totaly with the number 10. But as for a striker we don't know what the plans are with the rest of the squad. Musa Slim and Nacho could all be off in a few weeks. So what happens if Vardy is injured.

I'd expect Musa, Slimani (unfortunately) and Ulloa to go, so that's a fair point. But what makes you think Iheanacho will leave?

He's not a striker he's a winger and has a 1/3 return in the Turkish top flight. 

That's not exactly terrible tbf. 

That's not to say he IS good enough but clearly a few people are overreacting here. 

Diabate's record was shit and people act like he's the messiah. Riyad's record was shit and he IS the messiah. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...