Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Lap of honour

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The 54th minute's applause on Saturday was for the person below, don't know which one.

Screenshot_20180507-160002.png

Didn't know about this at the time. Personally I never have a problem with honouring the memory of a fallen fox. Whilst managers and players come and go, we and our families remain.

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Granted, the word toxic is a way to grab headlines and it wasn't on the same level as West Ham a few months ago. However its certainly not what I want to hear at the stadium and I certainly haven't hear for in a while. I would put it down as aggressive atmosphere and I would still say there was definite tension in the stadium before kick off. You could tell the players weren't prepared to take a chance as fans will be on their back. Passing it safe is the way I saw it. 

I disagree but its your opinion.

40 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You're judging from a far greater distance than most of us.

I'd say it's a mixture of disinterest, disenfranchisement, disbelief, disappointment and displeasure.

LCFC followers will hardly ever turn on their own club, for that they love it too much and there's too much immediate involvement and connection, let's say as opposed to a lot of plastic Arsenal fans - fans who have never witnessed their team struggle, and I mean really struggle. Most loyal followers have seen it all before and can take it on the chin. Once you've been to the lows of League One/Division Two with a club of this size, you know what I'm talking about. Manchester City fans have been there, Southampton, ... 

The atmosphere isn't toxic. We're not talking an end-of-the-world situation here.
We can't get relegated (yay - although we surely look like relegation candidates based on our past 19 matches) and are able plan for yet another season in the Best Football League Of The World©. There's nothing else to play for, 7th place wasn't good enough to aim for, players couldn't care less and our manager baffles pretty much anyone around him. Isn't that exciting?

This post captures what is special about Leicester City: It is a club of totally down-to-earth players and fans who, on the days they get it together, play some absolutely extraordinary football. They are the Green Bay Packers of European sport. From across the ocean, it isn't that interesting to watch Man United or Arsenal play in front of their crowds of diplomats and movie stars, even if they win more games. Whatever you think of Puel, you have to give the owners credit for making an effort to appoint someone who's basically a nice guy and not an egotistic a$$hole. If I were there with you I would avoid the toxic attitude, remember what is important, cheer the whole lot of them, and dream about the day they win the title again (the Packers have won it four times).

56 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Didn't know about this at the time. Personally I never have a problem with honouring the memory of a fallen fox. Whilst managers and players come and go, we and our families remain.

They were handing fliers out in the pub and it was the first time I actually knew what I was clapping for.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

This post captures what is special about Leicester City: It is a club of totally down-to-earth players and fans who, on the days they get it together, play some absolutely extraordinary football. They are the Green Bay Packers of European sport. From across the ocean, it isn't that interesting to watch Man United or Arsenal play in front of their crowds of diplomats and movie stars, even if they win more games. Whatever you think of Puel, you have to give the owners credit for making an effort to appoint someone who's basically a nice guy and not an egotistic a$$hole. If I were there with you I would avoid the toxic attitude, remember what is important, cheer the whole lot of them, and dream about the day they win the title again (the Packers have won it four times).

We've had plenty of "nice guys" around as managers in the past few years.

• Sousa - nice guy, but out of his depth in the Championship with his passing style
  • Eriksson - very nice guy, ladies' man
  • Pearson - very nice guy, great at handling the press in a no-nonsense manner, just portrayed in an unflattering manner by the media as they were looking for an antagonist
  • Ranieri - very nice guy
  • Shakespeare - nice guy
  • Puel - nice guy, just can't connect to neither players nor fans

"Nice guy" isn't the decisive criteria here, you'll have to dig deeper than that.

Oh, and the comparison to the Packers is very far-fetched. Americans know nothing about what it's like to live with the ghost of relegation around the corner or failing to gain promotion x amount of times. You don't know relegation or promotion for that matter. You dig us because Americans love the underdog story.

If trying to bring up an American sports franchise with a similar story, I'd say what the Chicago Cubs are to baseball or what winning the 2016 World Series meant are a better way of expressing our standing within the world of football or what it felt when Claudio Ranieri and Wes Morgan lifted the Premier League trophy.

Edited by MC Prussian

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

We've had plenty of "nice guys" around as managers in the past few years.

• Sousa - nice guy, but out of his depth in the Championship with his passing style
  • Eriksson - very nice guy, ladies' man
  • Pearson - very nice guy, great at handling the press in a no-nonsense manner, just portrayed in an unflattering manner by the media as they were looking for an antagonist
  • Ranieri - very nice guy
  • Shakespeare - nice guy
  • Puel - nice guy, just can't connect to neither players nor fans

"Nice guy" isn't the decisive criteria here, you'll have to dig deeper than that.

Oh, and the comparison to the Packers is very far-fetched. Americans know nothing about what it's like to live with the ghost of relegation around the corner or failing to gain promotion x amount of times. You don't know relegation or promotion for that matter. You dig us because Americans love the underdog story.

If trying to bring up an American sports franchise with a similar story, I'd say what the Chicago Cubs are to baseball or what winning the 2016 World Series meant are a better way of expressing our standing within the world of football or what it felt when Claudio Ranieri and Wes Morgan lifted the Premier League trophy.

The Cubs are my home town team. Another nice comparison, if you want to talk baseball, with awesome, Leicester-like fans. Three World Series victories; hope it won't be 108 years again 'till the next one.

42 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

The Cubs are my home town team. Another nice comparison, if you want to talk baseball, with awesome, Leicester-like fans. Three World Series victories; hope it won't be 108 years again 'till the next one.

I love the Windy City, shame my only visit a few years ago had to be in winter. So, so cold...

I'll never forget the subway passing by the youth hostel dining room windows on South Wabash Avenue or the signs set up on the sidewalk, warning people of falling icicles. lol

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I love the Windy City, shame my only visit a few years ago had to be in winter. So, so cold...

I'll never forget the subway passing by the youth hostel dining room windows on South Wabash Avenue or the signs set up on the boardwalk, warning people of falling icicles. lol

Once my hat froze to my head waiting for the bus (put it on too fast after showering). Hoping to visit Leicester someday for the better weather.

On 06/05/2018 at 09:09, jamesmilner said:

I was at the after party and i can tell you the walk out has not gone down well with ALL the players . Huth was gutted to not be able to say goodbye to YOU who left . He loves you the fans  , Kasper , Albrighton etc etc was gutted and upset . Top , who gives out free season tickets , beer etc to YOU that accepted it was gutted . It was not about YOU applauding players , it was about of both sides of the club , fans and staff . It was all sorted before the rearrangement of the Arsenal game as you must appreciate forward planning for food , the band etc for the staffs after party as they all work very hard for Leicester City  .  Honestly i was ashamed . 

Ah Diddums. The players weren't happy with the "walk out". Maybe the players who are paid millions to play at the ground should understand that the supporters who pay millions to watch at the ground haven't been happy with the players "walking about" on the pitch when they should be running their socks off.

Huth, great player and main reason for our safety and title IMO, can go on the pitch at HT in the Arsenal game and I'm sure the supporters will give him a loud applause.

Kasper and Albrighton are not leaving are they? So they can say thanks anytime - like at away matches when fans have made a great effort to travel and watch them.

It's not about Top and the players but if they were arsed during the last few games then the fans would have stayed and warmly applauded. We'd also be looking forward to European football next season.

I don't think YOU or your club buddies actually understand that the players are there to ENTERTAIN the fans and if they don't then they may as well **** off. They really haven't done a good job ALL season have they?

They also need to understand that THEY are not LCFC, the fans are. They are temporary the fans are forever.

I'm ashamed that the players and owner don't understand the situation and merely want to parade with their families for their egos sake.

Ther

34 minutes ago, FIF said:

Ah Diddums. The players weren't happy with the "walk out". Maybe the players who are paid millions to play at the ground should understand that the supporters who pay millions to watch at the ground haven't been happy with the players "walking about" on the pitch when they should be running their socks off.

Huth, great player and main reason for our safety and title IMO, can go on the pitch at HT in the Arsenal game and I'm sure the supporters will give him a loud applause.

Kasper and Albrighton are not leaving are they? So they can say thanks anytime - like at away matches when fans have made a great effort to travel and watch them.

It's not about Top and the players but if they were arsed during the last few games then the fans would have stayed and warmly applauded. We'd also be looking forward to European football next season.

I don't think YOU or your club buddies actually understand that the players are there to ENTERTAIN the fans and if they don't then they may as well **** off. They really haven't done a good job ALL season have they?

They also need to understand that THEY are not LCFC, the fans are. They are temporary the fans are forever.

I'm ashamed that the players and owner don't understand the situation and merely want to parade with their families for their egos sake.

I keep hearing this, and I don't really buy it. Which players (apart from Mahrez) can't be arsed?

straw man goes here

7 hours ago, maynefox said:

Did anyone notice Gray barely walk over the half way line and was the first one in the tunnel? I did. He's a disgrace. 

There was a boo from the crowd when he came on for West Ham.  I know the boo was more about taking Diabate off, but maybe Gray felt it was towards him a bit

• Like 1

There you go. The players put in the desire and the commitment to win the game and the crowd will respond.

We aren't some fickle bunch demanding miracles, we just want a team that gives its all.

• Like 4