Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Lap of honour

5 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

They flew a lot of friends and family over from Thailand for this game. Vichai is a proud man, seeing the ground empty like that for lap of appreciation would have hurt & embarrassed him more than the result. 

He only has himself to blame should have got rid of Puel after Palace don’t understand why he is waiting to get rid, I would take Appleton over this shit till the end of the season before we can bring in the new man in charge. Whatever advice Rudkin is giving him I hope he turns a blind eye. 

• Like 2

Please tell me they didn't actually make the players come out and bother after seeing how empty the ground was.

Probably the 1st time I've not bothered hanging around, in fact I was in the ground a good 10 mins after the final whistle and there was no sign of them and there must have been less than 600 fans surely so why bother.

That was my lads 1st full season and even he aged 6 just wanted to get out and go home. Unfortunately for him he was made to go to the memorial garden for a toast to Paul Taylor and there was probably a better turnout there.

This season hasn't hit the lows I've seen but the last few weeks has been shite and he needs to go.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I wasn't bothered about staying to clap. Clap for what?

Also nowadays players are more bothered about getting all their family on the pitch first.

seen you mention this a couple of times now.

why does it bother you so much that players want to go round with their families? Are they not allowed to enjoy occasions with their loved ones? 

I stayed...felt a bit sorry for the owners, there religion replies a lot on respect and giving...They give but we don't always show respect.... don't get me wrong a completely understand why fans didn't stay.. but I hope they don't take it to heart..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I stayed. Puel looked a broken man as he walked past us. Felt sorry for him. However worked up we get about our football club, he’s a human being like the rest of us. 

Im sure he’s done his best. It just hasn’t worked out unfortunately for whatever reason. 

Did he do the lap of honour? I didn't see him.

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

seen you mention this a couple of times now.

why does it bother you so much that players want to go round with their families? Are they not allowed to enjoy occasions with their loved ones? 

There's time for all that and it's supposed to be a thanks to the fans.

They always seem like they're forced to come over and acknowledge after an away game anyway. So much disconnection atm.

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

I actually think I'm more disgusted with some of your attitudes than some of the players. It's not a celebration it's the players saying Thank You for your support.

I really am in despair at what our support has become. You think our players should hold their heads in  shame.

Sadly some of you need to as well. Some of those players may never play again. Does Huth deserve what you dished him up.

Sadly losing faith in some of you more than the players. You can't even give them the chance to say sorry and Thank You for supporting us. 

This celebration shite some of you call its so wrong. Grow up n grow some. Do you really think they are happy with what they have given us.

Roll on the championship and div 1 back with fans that care and love us. Do we need a ground extension NO limit it to 12k n keep out the miserable ****ers that have tagged on.

R.I.P. true City fans.

Im glad im not your wife :nigel:

Did they announce anything in the ground today about the lap of appreciation? I didn't hear anything on the tannoy or see anything on the screens, so missed it.  Nobody I was with knew anything about it. The reason so few were there is probably because most people were unaware it was happening. Surely if they are going to do it on the penultimate game rather than the last one they should at least let people know. Perhaps they should do a proper one on Wednesday, just the players without their families.

• Like 4

Enough people left early to make it look a half-empty ground in the best case scenario, given some of the players clapped the fans anyway straight after the game I think some took that to be the appreciation and went away from the ground.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snik-Snok said:

Did they announce anything in the ground today about the lap of appreciation? I didn't hear anything on the tannoy or see anything on the screens, so missed it.  Nobody I was with knew anything about it. The reason so few were there is probably because most people were unaware it was happening. Surely if they are going to do it on the penultimate game rather than the last one they should at least let people know. Perhaps they should do a proper one on Wednesday, just the players without their families.

Took the words out of my mouth.  Be nice if they told us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

I stayed. It was embarrassing. 

Topp threw some teddies to fans. That was the highlight.

I think that is why the owners will now act... you can’t argue with those scenes can you..... that will hurt them I think.