Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Lap of honour

11 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Mid table , nice cup run , and secure again in the premier league and people can’t be bothered to give thanks 

what a pampered lot we have become , we have all forgotten Grimsby away ! 

I hope we don’t expand the stadium 10k more plastics is the last thing I want to see. 

There will be plenty of plastic on view if we continue in this vein....empty plastic seats. I hope Top's guests weren't prospective investors for our club....they'll run a fcuking mile after the highly embarrassing mass exodus of "fans".

8 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

For me it just sums up where the club is atm. The last home game is on Wednesday, so the majority of supporters left because they didn't know that this lap was taking place. Absolutely stupid by the club. It's pretty simple to work out. 

It isn’t for the reasons previously stated which is mainly that the lap of appreciation is a family thing and their kids won’t be attending wed night. 

What was stupid is not restating near the end of the game that the players and staff would be doing this and it would be appreciated if the fans could stay behind.  It should have been obvious to the people responsible that fans would be miffed about losing and in a hurry to bugger off at the final whistle (or earlier)  

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You’re a bit ‘holier than thou’ this morning old son! ?

Me no never. Bit harsh calling me out surely all those on here that harp on about plastics should be called out.

9 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

There will be plenty of plastic on view if we continue in this vein....empty plastic seats. I hope Top's guests weren't prospective investors for our club....they'll run a fcuking mile after the highly embarrassing mass exodus of "fans".

It’s not the managers fault 

• Like 1

It was silly to hold the lap of appreciation after such a match and the walkout was wholly predictable. Whatever those who justify it may say, it was inevitable and would happen at any ground in these circumstances.

What would have earned fans’ respect was an apology for their poor form by the players followed by an announcement that the lap of appreciation was cancelled. This would have been understood by the vast majority of fans as the humble thing to do and acknowledgment that they have a right to be angry.

Footballers are paid vast sums of money so a bit of humility on their part would not go a miss. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Me no never. Bit harsh calling me out surely all those on here that harp on about plastics should be called out.

I think you are overtired and having a bit of a mare this morning mate! 

Just now, NorthfieldsFox said:

It’s not the managers fault 

you could well be be right, however, the majority of others (after the last 2 games seem to think otherwise. I don't see where I mentioned "manager", or "fault", perhaps you meant to quote another post?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I wanted them to lose yesterday if it gets the manager gone. That may be very wrong in your eyes but it’s not because I’m not a true supporter, think of it more as ‘manager euthanasia’ born out of deep love.

Wow , there is something facinating about this thinking and we both know that thinking runs deep in your soul , your a Fundamentalist , I bow to your fanatanism   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Wow , there is something facinating about this thinking and we both know that thinking runs deep in your soul , your a Fundamentalist , I bow to your fanatanism   

I know many an Arsenal fan who delighted in heavy losses under Wenger in recent season.

Just now, bmouth_fox said:

I know many an Arsenal fan who delighted in heavy losses under Wenger in recent season.

They had 10 years with him and pay ten times as much for season tickets ! 

We haven’t even given Claude a season to try and get us flowing 

anyway Claude isn’t going anywhere Susan Whelan said in the directors box he is to be given 50m and what ever he raises from sales this summer 

in Claude we trust 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Wasn’t it you pair @sylofox @FoxInTheBirstallBox That was absolutely ripping into the players last week after the palace game especially about the Silva shirt giveaway 

Yep, and the majority of the players again yesterday hardly even looked at the fans that were left. 

I really don't feel like the players care about the fans at this club anymore, and the fans rightly domt care about the players. The manager has only ever mentioned us fans 3 times and they were once when he asked for us to give him time and the other 2 times were to apologise.

There is such a rift between fans, players, and manager at the moment. Now more than ever the owners need support to get the right people in charge that can bring everyone back together.

I found Lineker and Keowns comments quite funny. These are the players that according to them purposely got Ranieri the sack, but now we have "short memories" for not staying behind to applaud them. Double standards at play once again, clearly they haven't bothered to find out the facts of the situation.

6 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

T

anyway Claude isn’t going anywhere Susan Whelan said in the directors box he is to be given 50m and what ever he raises from sales this summer 

Is that seriously what was said?

52 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I feel awakward about it.  The players deserved support..... but i sat thru the game and didnt feel i wanted to paper over the cracks and pretend all is well.  

I’m sure they are inconsolable, will have to buy a Lamborghini to cheer themselves up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

I never applaud the players before or after a game!

No one ever did that for me before or after I started work, so why should I stay and do so now?

Where do you work? I'll turn up and sing songs of support for you during the day.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Is that seriously what was said?

100% and she has done a piece for Irish Independent should get published in next week or so and states the manager is GOING NOWHERE , it’s not bringing the club forward the belief is there needs to be player changes to move on again as manager changes is not achieveing the goal 

• Thanks 2

Just now, NorthfieldsFox said:

100% and she has done a piece for Irish Independent should get published in next week or so and states the manager is GOING NOWHERE , it’s not bringing the club forward the belief is there needs to be player changes to move on again as manager changes is not achieveing the goal 

She doesn't make the decision, it's Top and Vichai that do, they won't be happy with the situation. Puel is going at the end of the season.

Haven't been able to read all through this thread but where was the Lap of appreciation advertised pre-match ??

I was as down as most yesterday. However, had I known then I would most definately stayed to applaud the owners, if nothing else.

I feel even more crap about it now.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Haven't been able to read all through this thread but where was the Lap of appreciation advertised pre-match ??

I was as down as most yesterday. However, had I known then I would most definately stayed to applaud the owners, if nothing else.

I feel even more crap about it now.

Apparently it was but me and the guys I went with knew nothing about it either, not that it would have made a difference to me, I had plans for directly after the match and left on 85 minutes.

Feel sorry for the owners and I've nothing against the players, though Puel can go and do one.

14 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

I am now not sure about Puel at all. But what he is supposed to be good at is development of a club on a holistic level. So even though his management of this team has of late looked very suspect, maybe thats not so important as the wholesale changes this club needs at the moment

Maybe thinking long term is the right choice for us now and getting rid would not do any good as our problems go much deeper than just game management

I can completely understand this thinking and the choice to keep him, despite recent form

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

They had 10 years with him and pay ten times as much for season tickets ! 

We haven’t even given Claude a season to try and get us flowing 

in Claude we trust 

Did you hear that personally? £50m is 2 decent players in today’s market