Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Lap of honour

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

It might be risky announcing players one by one

Btw: when gray cane on there was sone booing...was it for gray or was it coz diabate was removed?

Also..what was the clapping at 54 mins for?  We need better comms in this

I think it was for the sub in general. I just hope Gray didn’t think it was because of him coming on, not good for a young lad  to hear that.

I would have stayed if I had known about the Lap. I was in my seat from about 1450, didn't hear a thing. I thought all the police and stewards were to stop a pitch invasion, after the earlier one. 

Feel bad for Huth and the Thais, but communication needed to happen. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, murphy said:

The poor lambs.

Well I'm glad that it ruffled some feathers, the owners and Huth excepted, that is the point of a protest.  I would say that perhaps we would see a reaction now, but if we don't get one after being arse raped by Palace 5-0 we never will.

IN recent weeks we have been roundly outplayed by the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, Palace...well everyone we have played and it is not good enough.  We know that this same team is capable of much more.  Whether the problem is the players or Puel's straightjacket tactics or both, we as fans have been around before them will be around after them and as paying customers have every right to make our feelings known.  30,000 hanging around and clapping after yet another capitulation was never going to happen.

If it hurt their feelings then tough.

The best post on the matter bar none. Perhaps they will get the message that if they don't turn up neither will we. It was a disgraceful display yet again, and the only way we can let them know we are not standing for it is to walk out. What did they expect? Maybe the owners will now realise if they want to fill those extra seats in the proposed expansion they need to up their game if they want us as a top-six side. Employing substandard backroom staff like Rudkin and god-awful managers like Puel won't cut it. Football has moved on from the days where the fans could be taken for mugs, it's too expensive to shrug and say never mind, We pay our money and have every right to show how we feel if we think we are not getting anywhere near the value for it.

Edited by Bunyip
  • Like 1

I, like most others, show my support by turning up every week as I will on Wednesday to support the team and the club I love.

However I'm not inclined to stay behind and applaud players when the performances are as bad as they have been, winning the league two years ago and saying goodbye to Huth makes no difference, the performance was sh*t meaning most fans left as a result. 

• Like 2

Who do you think you are. 9th in the league for the yo yo club. Won the league well deserved but to have only  have 1000 fans to see players off for another season is a joke.

You aren’t a big club so stop pretending to be. I suppose the ground extension is on the back burner now ay, all the fair weather fans will now call it a day anted it will be kids for a quid again next season.

Senior players are a disgrace to the club...Vardy, Mahrez Albrighton Morgan etc

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/toxic-atmosphere-leicester-city-real-1539053

Another "fan" who thinks that we think we are "big". No clue how he makes that deduction from the lap of appreciation.

And putting Vardy's and Albrighton's efforts this season on level with Mahrez' petulant behaviour and absence since January or Morgan's downfall... Jeez.

27 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/toxic-atmosphere-leicester-city-real-1539053

Another "fan" who thinks that we think we are "big". No clue how he makes that deduction from the lap of appreciation.

And putting Vardy's and Albrighton's efforts this season on level with Mahrez' petulant behaviour and absence since January or Morgan's downfall... Jeez.

He's so clued up he thinks Saturday was our last game of the season ?

30 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Is the atmosphere actually “toxic”? 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Nah, not having that.

"Apathetic" or "bereft of energy" more like it.

In the end, it's a case of a local journalist trying to fish for a bigger story, by blowing it up to a level it is not.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2018 at 16:51, RGFox said:

54 mins was due to a city fan passing away in the week I was told

He was somebody who was terminally ill and his life long dream which was to meet the players and get a signed shirt which he was able to do. He also received Vardys boots and apparently unfortunately passed away the next few weeks, according to my mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

The postings on this web site the last few weeks certainly qualify as toxic. I only started watching PL football a few seasons ago when Leicester won me over as a fan. Since then I have been totally blown away by how quickly the fans will turn against the club after just a few weeks of poor performances. There is no other sport or league in the world like it. "Toxic" doesn't even begin to describe it. But I can't stop watching, and cheering on LCFC, because this is just too entertaining. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete from the USA said:

The postings on this web site the last few weeks certainly qualify as toxic. I only started watching PL football a few seasons ago when Leicester won me over as a fan. Since then I have been totally blown away by how quickly the fans will turn against the club after just a few weeks of poor performances. There is no other sport or league in the world like it. "Toxic" doesn't even begin to describe it. But I can't stop watching, and cheering on LCFC, because this is just too entertaining. 

It is not just a few weeks of poor performances though is it.

On 06/05/2018 at 08:49, Voll Blau said:

So buttons. This club isn't about them you know, owners should be the least visible members of any football club.

As for what the Thai JCLs thought, who honestly cares. None of us support Leicester to make King Power look respectable to their countrymen.

I was in Thailand last week. couldn't see a single LCFC shirt in any King Power shops in Bangkok or Phuket airports. Other than mine the only city shirt on show was a street dealer who didn't know anything about LCFC! 

14 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

Ok I accept your point on here but that’s just this place, the reporter said that the crowd at the ground was being toxic on Saturday, I don’t know what was happening in all parts of the ground but from my point of view it wasn’t anywhere near being that, a few boos at half time, a song about Diabate’s sub and more boos at the end, a toxic atmosphere to me is some thing like that’s been at Arsenal at times this season and last also West Ham this season has been extremely toxic at times 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

The quality of football has been poor for a few months not weeks and the atmosphere was not toxic, that is just pure bad reporting.

It certainly wasn't friendly and positive. Chanting "you don't know what you doing" at your own manager, booing at half time and full time, groaning at every bad decision by any player and cheering for a shot on target - I'd call that quite a toxic atmosphere. Also, you could fill the tension in the air from before kick off. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

groaning at every bad decision by any player

Every football game played around the world would be a toxic environment then if that’s one of the qualifiers

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Every football game played around the world would be a toxic environment then if that’s one of the qualifiers

Granted that does happen everywhere however...Not to the extreme as the last few games have been. That is on another level and it was just one of many reasons I would agree the atmosphere was quite aggressive. They've use the word toxic to get a good headline, but it isn't far from what happened 

Edited by fox_favourite

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

It certainly wasn't friendly and positive. Chanting "you don't know what you doing" at your own manager, booing at half time and full time, groaning at every bad decision by any player and cheering for a shot on target - I'd call that quite a toxic atmosphere. Also, you could fill the tension in the air from before kick off. 

Tension in the air, what a load of rubbish, some booing and telling the manager he does not know what he is doing because the supporters are fed up is not toxic, stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Most of the fans just got fed up of the quality of football and left.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

You're judging from a far greater distance than most of us.

I'd say it's a mixture of disinterest, disenfranchisement, disbelief, disappointment and displeasure.

LCFC followers will hardly ever turn on their own club, for that they love it too much and there's too much immediate involvement and connection, let's say as opposed to a lot of plastic Arsenal fans - fans who have never witnessed their team struggle, and I mean really struggle. Most loyal followers have seen it all before and can take it on the chin. Once you've been to the lows of League One/Division Two with a club of this size, you know what I'm talking about. Manchester City fans have been there, Southampton, ... 

The atmosphere isn't toxic. We're not talking an end-of-the-world situation here.
We can't get relegated (yay - although we surely look like relegation candidates based on our past 19 matches) and are able plan for yet another season in the Best Football League Of The World©. There's nothing else to play for, 7th place wasn't good enough to aim for, players couldn't care less and our manager baffles pretty much anyone around him. Isn't that exciting?

Edited by MC Prussian

Guest Markyblue
44 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

Don't make the mistake of thinking what's said on here always truly reflects our fans base entirely. 30000 turn up at home matches. In that total 23500 season ticket holders. There' probably a pool of over 12000 that attend at various times in the season. Armchair fans who can' get tickets who knows. Contributers on here don' know for sure but probably a couple of hundred. Not saying the views on here don' count but there not the only points of view. 

9 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Tension in the air, what a load of rubbish, some booing and telling the manager he does not know what he is doing because the supporters are fed up is not toxic, stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Most of the fans just got fed up of the quality of football and left.

Granted, the word toxic is a way to grab headlines and it wasn't on the same level as West Ham a few months ago. However its certainly not what I want to hear at the stadium and I certainly haven't hear for in a while. I would put it down as aggressive atmosphere and I would still say there was definite tension in the stadium before kick off. You could tell the players weren't prepared to take a chance as fans will be on their back. Passing it safe is the way I saw it.

Edited by fox_favourite