Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesDeb

Moving Abroad

11 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

In the spirit of this thread, i love it here in Canada but the winter can fcuk right off. I'd rather sit in my sweaty underwear then this cold depressing weather. Its only going to get worse.

Got a brother in New York (state now, used to be NYC). The winters get him down big time. The certainty of snow lying for months as the temperature barely gets above minus 5. It's wet in the UK but the weather is pretty manageable here at least. That said, the roads in Somerset are flooded again after a nights rain.

• 4 months later...
On 03/10/2018 at 13:53, Jattdogg said:

Vancouver housing and rental is the highest in canada. Its insane so expect wages to be higher.

They have milder weather all year round and winters are nowhere near as brutal as any other province.

Im not too sure about the working part. When my sis in law moved here from england she had to wait a year before working. In terms if coming as a skilled tradesmen that might be possible. Chekc out the canadian govt website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html#minimum

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/eligibility.html

We do have some vancouver foxes..

@Molson Canadian

@biggs

@Samwise

They can talk to you more about vancouver.

What exactly do you do in the building industry? 

Its a definite change to live here but most englanders love how canada is beautiful and spacious.....food and pub life doesnt compare to england at all though. If your a social butterfly the canadian way is tough to get used to.

Any recommendations as to where to watch the game on Monday in Vancouver? I'm currently here for a friend's wedding and would be good to see the game! 

Thanks 

@Molson Canadian

@biggs

@Samwise

Currently in the very early stages of moving to Spain ( Valencia ). It's gonna be proper stressful as need to sell the 3 properties we've got to fund a small business we want to set up. 

It's been the plan to wait 10 or so years but can't think of nothing else lately so gonna give it a go now.  Will still take 2/3 years to get everything in place but need to get the wheels in motion.

Bricking it really but you only live once so they say 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Soup said:

Currently in the very early stages of moving to Spain ( Valencia ). It's gonna be proper stressful as need to sell the 3 properties we've got to fund a small business we want to set up. 

It's been the plan to wait 10 or so years but can't think of nothing else lately so gonna give it a go now.  Will still take 2/3 years to get everything in place but need to get the wheels in motion.

Bricking it really but you only live once so they say 

Yeah you have to go for it mate so fair play. What sort of business are you setting up?

51 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah you have to go for it mate so fair play. What sort of business are you setting up?

Small B&B near the beach. The usual Brit abroad thing I know but there's not actuallyl many of them tbh. The city is fast becoming a cycling hot spot so offer bikes as well, maybe even tours. Dutch and Germans go in there droves and cycle everywhere. 

Edited by Soup
  • Like 2

On 02/05/2019 at 05:24, hejammy said:

Any recommendations as to where to watch the game on Monday in Vancouver? I'm currently here for a friend's wedding and would be good to see the game! 

Aaargh I just got home from watching the match to see this in my notifications. Sorry mate. How long are you in town?

In general it can be hard to watch football here because a 3pm kickoff in the UK is usually 7am here. Later kickoffs are easy to find; many pubs open at 11am and (this season at least) the games are broadcast on channels included on all basic cable packages.

Hopefully you found somewhere to see the game.

5 hours ago, Samwise said:

Aaargh I just got home from watching the match to see this in my notifications. Sorry mate. How long are you in town?

In general it can be hard to watch football here because a 3pm kickoff in the UK is usually 7am here. Later kickoffs are easy to find; many pubs open at 11am and (this season at least) the games are broadcast on channels included on all basic cable packages.

Hopefully you found somewhere to see the game.

No worries! Yeah watched the game at the hotel. Thought it would have been good to watch the game with some fellow foxes. Just at the airport now heading back! Great city you live in BTW! Absolutely loved it! 

• Like 1

Moved to and from Korea four times (and counting) and the US once (that was going to be a indefinite one, but...)

I think those folks who go for it without a job lined up are damned brave, but I don't think I could do it, always had something to move for when I've done it.

Edited by leicsmac

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Moved to and from Korea four times (and counting) and the US once (that was going to be a indefinite one, but...)

I think those folks who go for it without a job lined up are damned brave, but I don't think I could do it, always had something to move for when I've done it.

Did moving to Career progress your Korea?

• Haha 1