Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Russia 2018 - The World Cup thread

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Looks like Maguire is a starter for Monday.

Good, I put him in my dreamteam and I wasn't completely convinced he'd be getting game time. Hopefully he'll get his noggin on the end of a few freekicks and corners like he did against Nigeria and bag me some points.

I'd rather the minnows take the Saudi approach and try to be progressive rather than defend deeply and ultimately succumb to a late 1-0 defeat or grind out a 0-0. South Africa was uninspiring due to the negativity

Watched the 3 games and seen nothing to excite me or even that this is supposed to be a top level competition.

Seen better in League 1.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Glad he is starting Young over Rose offers nothing really

Young constantly cutting in from a wing back position is horrid though, it would be better if we had a left back playing left centre back who could still at least provide some form of width as Young won't offer us any.

• Like 1

I'd rather have Rose in ahead of Young purely for his speed and the fact we can get the ball into the box quicker because he won't be cutting back as often. Both handy options though.

As much as I like Tripper I do think crowbarring Walker into a centre back spot is a huge waste of the best attacking full backs in the world. But I'm not a manager.

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'd rather have Rose in ahead of Young purely for his speed and the fact we can get the ball into the box quicker because he won't be cutting back as often. Both handy options though.

As much as I like Tripper I do think crowbarring Walker into a centre back spot is a huge waste of the best attacking full backs in the world. But I'm not a manager.

Yeah it's strange, it's like Southgate has seen what Pep has done and just automatically copied him. Trippier is decent but Walker is mustard at RWB. 

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Genuinely feel knackered after all of today's games.

perfect day for a hangover though. feel absolutely rotten but managed to watch 4 games of football totally uninterrupted. worth it.