Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Russia 2018 - The World Cup thread

My favorite prediction site, fivethirtyeight, have developed rankings for national teams as well as clubs.

They like Brazil tops with a 19% chance of winning the Cup, followed by Spain 18% - France 9% - Germany 9% - England 8% - Belgium 8% - Croatia 7%.  Predictions are updated after each result.

WCp1.JPG.ab62a1e977d38e88ab6f86c3dc4ce889.JPG

WCp2.JPG.f9905320386923fc6b5a0111c17a3ae0.JPG

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-world-cup-predictions/

1 hour ago, Fox28 said:

Which Leicester player do you guys think has had the best impact so far? Gotta be Maguire IMO... 

Over Kasper who pulled off a series of saves to get Denmark the win v Peru or Musa who rescued Nigeria to take their hopes to the last group game? Behave.

20 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Over Kasper who pulled off a series of saves to get Denmark the win v Peru or Musa who rescued Nigeria to take their hopes to the last group game? Behave.

You might need to make it clearer you hate England. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Tbf, wasn't it you that pointed out Maguire wasn't at his best against Panama? 

As much as it is ridiculous, Musa probably has been our best player at the WC so far. lol

Two goals isn't to be sniffed at. 

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As much as it is ridiculous, Musa probably has been our best player at the WC so far. lol

I'd have to agree with that tbh ....

27 minutes ago, Bert said:

Nowt to do with England that. Musa has played more of an important role than Maguire has so far let's be fair. Maguire's been alright, steady but nothing spectacular, Musa has rescued Nigeria from a limp exit after two games

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No not me, certainly not against Panama. Didn't say all that much on the Panama game. As daft as it sounds I don't actually think Maguire has been our best representative, I would say Schmeichel. BUT The Doctor just can't help but slate England, we all know he's not a fan. It's boring now. 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Nowt to do with England that. Musa has played more of an important role than Maguire has so far let's be fair. Maguire's been alright, steady but nothing spectacular, Musa has rescued Nigeria from a limp exit after two games

Need some background Doc to get a grip as to your biases :) 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not English, whats your nationality mate?

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

No not me, certainly not against Panama. Didn't say all that much on the Panama game. As daft as it sounds I don't actually think Maguire has been our best representative, I would say Schmeichel. BUT The Doctor just can't help but slate England, we all know he's not a fan. It's boring now. 

Wasn't even slating England there lol As far as biggest individual contribution from a city player to their team goes, Schmeichel and Musa are at the top, surely no-one can argue that?

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Need some background Doc to get a grip as to your biases :) 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not English, whats your nationality mate?

Half and half - Dad's side of the family are from the kingdom of Fife, mums from South Yorkshire. Not massively endeared with England when it comes to football though (Rugby's different, usually a decent level of tigers players in there)

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Wasn't even slating England there lol As far as biggest individual contribution from a city player to their team goes, Schmeichel and Musa are at the top, surely no-one can argue that?

Half and half - Dad's side of the family are from the kingdom of Fife, mums from South Yorkshire. Not massively endeared with England when it comes to football though (Rugby's different, usually a decent level of tigers players in there)

Hmmm, so, by not massively endeared, do you mean you love to see us get beaten?

Or is there a chance come the lads stepping out onto the field [its coming home] on the day of the final is there a chance you'd be supporting?

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Hmmm, so, by not massively endeared, do you mean you love to see us get beaten?

Or is there a chance come the lads stepping out onto the field [its coming home] on the day of the final is there a chance you'd be supporting?

If there's more Leicester players playing than ones I really dislike (Alli, Kane, Lingard) I'd want England to win, I'd be happy for those two. Otherwise I generally don't bother watching outside of tournaments (Tunisia was the first England game I'd watched since Uraguay 2014, was at work during Costa Rica 14 and Wales 16, Download on the opening weekend of euro 16, at a wake during the Iceland game), but want England to lose for the usually hilarious meltdown. Basically the same as wanting Arsenal to lose because AFTV is a right laugh when it happens.

Just now, The Doctor said:

If there's more Leicester players playing than ones I really dislike (Alli, Kane, Lingard) I'd want England to win, I'd be happy for those two. Otherwise I generally don't bother watching outside of tournaments (Tunisia was the first England game I'd watched since Uraguay 2014, was at work during Costa Rica 14 and Wales 16, Download on the opening weekend of euro 16, at a wake during the Iceland game), but want England to lose for the usually hilarious meltdown. Basically the same as wanting Arsenal to lose because AFTV is a right laugh when it happens.

Fair dooz.

I dont reciprocate as far as Scotland goes.  Hope you guys do really well this tournament

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I certainly didn't. Just feels like any chance you get to have a dig at England, you do. 

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Fair dooz.

I dont reciprocate as far as Scotland goes.  Hope you guys do really well this tournament

lol eh, if Ally McCoist ends up commentating on the final Scotland will be as involved in the business end of the tournament as England 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Not massively endeared with England when it comes to football though

Nothing like the good old "Scotsman not massively endeared with England" thing TBH.

Braveheart.JPG.64c54a83c664b865648400853c472077.JPG

• Haha 2