Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Russia 2018 - The World Cup thread

As an Englishman living in Glasgow I must say I am thoroughly enjoying seeing folk in all manner of national team tops whenever we play (our opposition obviously).  In all seriousness, I have been up here 10 years now and 99% of the time it is good harmless fun but every now and then it does fvck me right off.  We are all human I suppose.  X

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Wasn't even slating England there lol As far as biggest individual contribution from a city player to their team goes, Schmeichel and Musa are at the top, surely no-one can argue that?

Half and half - Dad's side of the family are from the kingdom of Fife, mums from South Yorkshire. Not massively endeared with England when it comes to football though (Rugby's different, usually a decent level of tigers players in there)

Are you Rod Stewart?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who do England draw with if we win/come second? 

This is coming up a lot, as is the 'what if we're level with Belgium on points and goals' question.

Are people really incapable of following a simple set of equations? Or too bone idle to work it out for themselves?

Bloody hell, youngsters these days.

Rant over.

Edit - I've been in 28 degree heat all day, visiting my 76 year old parents. I was at the end of my tether by 6pm in all honesty. Apologies for the needless attack @Unabomber

Edited by Max Wall

It's so difficult to predict the draw at the moment. Germany could easily either finish top, 2nd or go out. Likewise Brazil and Argentina (albeit 2nd or go out for the Argies). Despite the shocks so far, if you presume the best team on paper will win the remaining games, England will still play Colombi in round 2, with Germany awaiting in the quarters.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

I certainly didn't. Just feels like any chance you get to have a dig at England, you do. 

Eh, you've literally just shoe horned that I'm not an England fan into a discussion barely related to support of national sides. Can't really moan that I take any chance to get a dig when generally I confine it to matches and the build up to them. 

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

Are you Rod Stewart?

lol wish I could sing that well

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

This is coming up a lot, as is the 'what if we're level with Belgium on points and goals' question.

Are people really incapable of following a simple set of equations? Or too bone idle to work it out for themselves?

Bloody hell, youngsters these days.

Rant over.

Edit - I've been in 28 degree heat all day, visiting my 76 year old parents. I was at the end of my tether by 6pm in all honesty. Apologies for the needless attack @Unabomber

Too bone idle. Plus this is better than google as you can occasionally get funny responses to simple questions. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Too bone idle. Plus this is better than google as you can occasionally get funny responses to simple questions. 

lol Fair play mate. At least you admit to it and wear it like a badge of honour :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Sorry but I can't help it. You would have to google it? There's only 8 groups. Group G plays Group H round of 16, I knew that from when the draw was made. Maybe I'm just incredibly intelligent, I've never been accused of that though lol

Anyway, this will begin to look like harrassment soon so I'll leave you alone now. 

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Sorry but I can't help it. You would have to google it? There's only 8 groups. Group G plays Group H round of 16, I knew that from when the draw was made. Maybe I'm just incredibly intelligent, I've never been accused of that though lol

Anyway, this will begin to look like harrassment soon so I'll leave you alone now. 

Weirdo 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

As I said sometimes I get funny responses 

• Like 2

So ...  they are going to ban players for one game who look for an easy yellow in our next match (how the fook do you do that) ...  and come down hard on anyone singing about brexit ...     why don’t they just do something about ALL THE FOOKIN CHEATING !!

20 hours ago, Bert said:

12 more group games to go and still no 0-0. I know a few people that have every group game over 0.5 goals at 80/1. 

I guess you're all tingling with excitement right now, with Denmark vs. France heading for no goals scored.