Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Russia 2018 - The World Cup thread

He's not eligible apparently. 

Thanks to FIFA eligibility rules, Bailey would be free to switch allegiance to another country he is eligible for as he has not played a competitive game at senior international level. The winger has grandparents who hold British passports, but in order for him to be eligible for England, they would have had to be born in England.

Reports in Jamaica indicate that, while Bailey's grandparents are English, they were not born in England, and thus he would not fulfil the residency requirements to play for the Three Lions.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/why-leon-bailey-wont-be-englands-surprise-star-at-the-world/1gppbz4gkgoul1aecw1m9qy6hm

Guest MattP
13 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I'll be honest, I had to Google Leon Bailey.

I can guarantee you half the people jizzing over him have barely watched him play.

49 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Is that any different to Sterling though? He was also born in Jamaica, the only difference was he moved here aged 5 where as Bailey has never lived in England. Is that why?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is that any different to Sterling though? He was also born in Jamaica, the only difference was he moved here aged 5 where as Bailey has never lived in England. Is that why?

Yeah Sterling was eligible as he had been educated in this country for 5 years or more. 

• Like 1

I quite like Welbeck, a decent work rate and good for the last twenty minutes when we need someone to put the work in up front if we are protecting a lead. Got hyped up to the max by the media when he was at Man Utd and has struggled to live up to that because he was never going to be what he was being made out to be. 

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

I can guarantee you half the people jizzing over him have barely watched him play.

Whilst true, he's been one of the stars of the Bundesliga this season and certainly wouldn't be out of place in this squad. 

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Kaputska hasn't made Polands squad.

So far it's been a backwards step for his devleopment coming here, really hope he shows us the player he can be next season. 

... There's precisely 0.953% chance of him being in our squad next year. 

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

So far it's been a backwards step for his devleopment coming here, really hope he shows us the player he can be next season. 

He had a 0.00045% chance of making the Poland squad in the first place.

Have you seen him play lately?

Well, yeah. Me neither.

And as for him staying at LCFC - the probability there is 0.953%... oh, darn... @Finnegan beat me to it!>_<

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bert said:

I quite like Welbeck, a decent work rate and good for the last twenty minutes when we need someone to put the work in up front if we are protecting a lead. Got hyped up to the max by the media when he was at Man Utd and has struggled to live up to that because he was never going to be what he was being made out to be. 

He used to be one of those players who was infinitely better for his country than his club, but the last 2 years he's not been the same for England. 

7 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I think Puel will take a good look at him pre-season but it could be he's too far gone here in his unsettlement. Probably end up back in Poland, shame as he's technically gifted.

Hoddle makes me laugh he's such a tit. 

Talking on Europa league show about England starting 11:

"If it was me I'd play 2 up front, one big striker with score the goals and a fast, tricky striker alongside, yeh I'd go with Kane and Rashford up front".

What an idiot!! Rashford isn't fit to lace Vardys boots, especially after this season. Another player who is overrated Big style in my opinion 

9 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Hoddle makes me laugh he's such a tit. 

Talking on Europa league show about England starting 11:

"If it was me I'd play 2 up front, one big striker with score the goals and a fast, tricky striker alongside, yeh I'd go with Kane and Rashford up front".

What an idiot!! Rashford isn't fit to lace Vardys boots, especially after this season. Another player who is overrated Big style in my opinion 

Hoddle has never gotten over Spurs fluffing 15/16 to little Leicester.