Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Russia 2018 - The World Cup thread

No Icardi in the Argentina final 23...shows again what they have going forward...if they show up.

Fancy them to show up this year so will be my pick to win it, with somebody like Lanzini to net the winner in the final.

17 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

No Icardi in the Argentina final 23...shows again what they have going forward...if they show up.

Fancy them to show up this year so will be my pick to win it, with somebody like Lanzini to net the winner in the final.

HOW??? How is that even possible, madness. He's unreal

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Know what you're saying but when was the last time a South American team really brought it to a European World Cup?

They blow hot and cold but I think Belgium are actually a decent each-way shout.

I'm not convinced about Argentina at all. Not sure why they always pick Higuain at World Cups ahead of Aguero who is twice the player. Struggled in qualifying. Their defenders are substandard. They're over-reliant on Messi and have no other game plan when he's marked out of the game. How bad were Di Maria and Rojo (terrible player) at the last World Cup and for Man Utd and yet they're in the squad again.

They've been ordinary in the last 2 World Cups which is a shame. Imagine if Messi had been in his prime at 2002 or 2006 with the likes of Veron, Batistuta, Tevez, Crespo, Saviola, Lopez, Riquelme, Aimar, Ortega, Cambiasso, Zanetti. What a shambles those teams didn't even make a semi-final.

I think the only 'story' that could come from a team winning it is the Messi story, but his teammates just don't look good enough.

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

if they had a better defence and midfield, I'd have more faith in them. 

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I'm not convinced about Argentina at all. Not sure why they always pick Higuain at World Cups ahead of Aguero who is twice the player. Struggled in qualifying. Their defenders are substandard. They're over-reliant on Messi and have no other game plan when he's marked out of the game. How bad were Di Maria and Rojo (terrible player) at the last World Cup and for Man Utd and yet they're in the squad again.

They've been ordinary in the last 2 World Cups which is a shame. Imagine if Messi had been in his prime at 2002 or 2006 with the likes of Veron, Batistuta, Tevez, Crespo, Saviola, Lopez, Riquelme, Aimar, Ortega, Cambiasso, Zanetti. What a shambles those teams didn't even make a semi-final.

I think the only 'story' that could come from a team winning it is the Messi story, but his teammates just don't look good enough.

Christ, if taking a final to extra time is ordinary I’ll certainly settle for ordinary.

• Like 1

I reckon there's half a chance Argentina don't get out of that group. Are they even much better than Uruguay? If at all?

I think Spain are in with a great shout. Super squad again.

Belgium. Crikey. Their lack of depth is amazing.

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

HOW??? How is that even possible, madness. He's unreal

11 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Messi doesn't allow it

Doesn't want him anywhere near his Missus. Lol

On a serious note, Argentina are a shambles. He's a stone cold killer, they need to start building a team that compliments the talent they have across the board and not just obsessing over Messi. It's not worked for them at any point in his career, it won't just magically start now. 

On 21/05/2018 at 20:40, leicsmac said:

Know what you're saying but when was the last time a South American team really brought it to a European World Cup?

They blow hot and cold but I think Belgium are actually a decent each-way shout.

Germany broke the S.American mould and hold,of being the 1st european Team to win outside

Europe....A few S.American countries,could upset the European Continental Balance.

Though my adopted Country,could Bring me my 1st Traitorous ,turncoat Triumph...

As much of a mess the Argies look they have done several times right up to their last few tournaments and made the final of just about all of them, I'll go against the grain and say they'll do well.

One major team I dont think will do well will be Germany, they've lost Lahm, Pigdicker & Miroslav Klose; only one of those has anywhere near been replaced(Kimmich). Their keeper has been injured for ages and the team they put out in the Confed, although successful was a completely different one to the one likely to be put out. But again the main issue is the changing of the guard, every winner I can remember(back to '98) seems to have come from the culmination of the talent of a nation, a crescendo; from Zidane, Petit, Henry, Deschamps, Desailly to Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Cafu, Robbie Carlos to Cannavaro, del Pierro, Buffon, Grosso to Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Ramos, Casillas and finally Lahm, Pigporker, Neuer, Klose and Kroos(still going obviously) - just think they've lost too much

8 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

As much of a mess the Argies look they have done several times right up to their last few tournaments and made the final of just about all of them, I'll go against the grain and say they'll do well.

One major team I dont think will do well will be Germany, they've lost Lahm, Pigdicker & Miroslav Klose; only one of those has anywhere near been replaced(Kimmich). Their keeper has been injured for ages and the team they put out in the Confed, although successful was a completely different one to the one likely to be put out. But again the main issue is the changing of the guard, every winner I can remember(back to '98) seems to have come from the culmination of the talent of a nation, a crescendo; from Zidane, Petit, Henry, Deschamps, Desailly to Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Cafu, Robbie Carlos to Cannavaro, del Pierro, Buffon, Grosso to Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Ramos, Casillas and finally Lahm, Pigporker, Neuer, Klose and Kroos(still going obviously) - just think they've lost too much

In which case the French or Belgians have the squads that befit the winner. Belgium though are every bit as bad as us for bottling and they have a heinous manager. That squad should piss this world cup in my opinion.

Still don't feel excited about this competition for some reason.

Perhaps because it's being hosted by Russia/Kremlin etc and this one may be too early for some of the young promising players to show their best.