Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Russia 2018 - The World Cup thread

25 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

If Nigeria click I genuinely think Iheanacho has a shot at the Golden Boot. He'll definitely be starting and has been scoring by the bucketload in training. Plus his record for his national team is still impressive.

I don't think Nigeria will get out the group. Croatia and Iceland are no mugs and Argentina is clearly the top team in the group.

3 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

I don't think Nigeria will get out the group. Croatia and Iceland are no mugs and Argentina is clearly the top team in the group.

That's why I wrote - if Nigeria click.

Chances are Iheanacho will be banging in their goals.

Manuel Neuer in training with Team Germany at the moment and expected to feature as their No.1 this tournament.

Already played in two training matches against the U20s and as their goalkeeper for the U20s against his own teammates in the senior squad.

Things looking better for se Shermans again.

On 27/05/2018 at 13:01, breadandcheese said:

Argentina are on a high because they beat Haiti 4-0. Iceland have had their day in the sun. Croatia are what they are. Nigeria could as easily win the group as miss out.

With Nacho, Ndidi and amazing Musa, they're my team for the WC. 

I fancy Nigeria to get out of that group actually. Croatia always flatter to deceive despite having a good squad on paper - they looked pretty lacklustre at Euro 2016. Nigeria have some promising looking players and one African team normally makes a good go of it.

2 hours ago, Osavo said:

I fancy Nigeria to get out of that group actually. Croatia always flatter to deceive despite having a good squad on paper - they looked pretty lacklustre at Euro 2016. Nigeria have some promising looking players and one African team normally makes a good go of it.

Musa top scorer, he loves it in Russia.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, FIF said:

Argentina are on a high because they beat Haiti 4-0. Iceland have had their day in the sun. Croatia are what they are. Nigeria could as easily win the group as miss out.

With Nacho, Ndidi and amazing Musa, they're my team for the WC. 

I did laugh when 5 live said Messi was firing on all cylinders due to a hat-trick against Haiti.  Honestly half this forum could probably get a game with Haiti.

New ESPN piece on Russian “football hooligan” culture -- actually youth fighting culture, as much of it has nothing to do with activity around matches.

It’s long and a little overblown (?), but may be worth a read if you’re going.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/23659183/world-cup-2018-russia-new-school-hooligan-culture

• Like 1

Nigeria World Cup Squad Numbers

1) Ikechukwu Ezenwa 
2) Brian Idowu
3) Elderson Echiejile
4) Wilfred Ndidi
5) William Troost-Ekong
6) Leon Balogun
7) Ahmed Musa
8) Oghenekaro Etebo
9) Odion Ighalo
10) Obi Mikel
11) Victor Moses
12) Abdullahi Shehu
13) Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo
14) Kelechi Iheanacho
15) Joel Obi
16) Daniel Akpeyi
17) Eddy Onazi
18) Alex Iwobi
19) John Ogu
20) Chidozie Awaziem
21) Tyronne Ebuehi
22) Kenneth Omeruo
23 ) Francis Uzoho

On 31/05/2018 at 15:09, Finnegan said:

Oh Paolo you beautiful man. 

Scored twice in a friendly against Saudi-Arabia the other night.

EDIT: 18'000 Peru fans in a sold out St. Gallen stadium. lol That's what 36 years without a World Cup means to them:

The rendition of the Peruvian national hymn before kick-off:

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1