Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Past 300 in their second innings now, Kevin O'Brien becomes the first Irishman to make a Test ton - and the third oldest ever to make one on debut. Think Pakistan will get whatever Ireland make, but fair play to them for fighting back in their follow on to keep it interesting.

Guest MattP

Ali and Vince finally get the bullet.

Buttler back which is peculiar, Dom Bess gets a chance as Leach is injured.

Actually think I'm in favour of Buttler's inclusion, possibly just because I like watching him bat when he's at his best and I'm not convinced by many of the other fringe options we have at the moment.

Looks like Ireland are going down with dignity in their first match. Gave Pakistan a scare this morning when they had them three down for not very much though.

Not sure about Buttler's inclusion, never been convinced by him at Test level. Then again no one else has staked a huge claim, other than a couple of Surrey players playing on a road at the Oval. Wouldn't have minded seeing Joe Clarke given a chance, though he is still very young.

Glad to see Ali finally dropped, good to see Wood involved too, our only genuine pace bowler.

Yeah, not all that sure about Buttler either given he's not had much long-game experience of late, but he is normally damn exciting to watch.

Good place for Bess to start, really - it's England and the seamers will be able to do most of the work so all he'll have to do is hold up an end and perhaps do a little bit of fourth-innings tidying up when it's turning.

Guest MattP

Butter should be the best batsman with the tail in World cricket - whether he can show it is another thing.

I presume this means Bairstow is going to go up to number three.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Butter should be the best batsman with the tail in World cricket - whether he can show it is another thing.

I presume this means Bairstow is going to go up to number three.

Think it's going to be Malan at three, Bairstow five. At least that means Bairstow (probably) isn't going to have to do his usual act of hitting out with the tail.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised to see Bairstow with the gloves over Buttler, given Buttler takes them in one day cricket. He is the better keeper imo.

Good to see Wood rewarded for returning early from the IPL to get some domestic game time too, he adds extra pace to our attack.