Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So same squad,no Stokes.

Great opportunity now for both the youngsters..Pope and Curran.

Another ground for the seamers,so Woakes,Broad and Anderson backed up with Curran.

Good training for the Indian Batsman.

Talking of batsman,time our top 3, thought of seeing that 100,before collapsing...

I'd bring Porter in for this as well.

No point having Rashid in, he isn't going to bowl, get another seam bowler in.

57 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'd bring Porter in for this as well.

No point having Rashid in, he isn't going to bowl, get another seam bowler in.

Funny innit..

In all those times Rashid missed out,when we should of used him and needed him,now we pick him,when we don't need his skills...

Though he could have a few overs,on the turnovers,or just before lunch or tea....just to confuse the indian tail..

I'd keep Rashid in, it's only a couple of weeks since Edgbaston where could easily have lost.  As soon as the ball stops swinging or a partnership gets on top Root needs to have a plan B.

Lords was a bit of an anomaly, it can't be that easy again, can it? :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RatbyBlue said:

I'd keep Rashid in, it's only a couple of weeks since Edgbaston where could easily have lost.  As soon as the ball stops swinging or a partnership gets on top Root needs to have a plan B.

Lords was a bit of an anomaly, it can't be that easy again, can it? :dunno:

I'm inclined to agree. I'd hope four seam/swing bowlers would be enough at Trent Bridge and, as you say, handy to have something completely different to be able to turn too.

I think it would also show a bit of loyalty to Rashid as he did get a lot of stick when they picked him.

Edited by Max Wall

Unbelievable that he’s got away with it. Couldn’t be any more clearer to see what happened. Any average Joe would be facing 3 years in her majesty’s finest. Money talks. 

• Like 1

I thought it was extremely strange that neither side called the two gay guys mentioned throughout proceedings. Fairly certain they could've cleared up either way the intent of both parties. Was a hash-up by the CPS from the start - took them ages to decide to charge so they clearly knew they were struggling to have enough evidence to convict anyone involved anyway (the lad being given no case to answer halfway through the trial shows that). If it hadn't been someone high-profile involved I doubt it'd have got to court.

28 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I thought it was extremely strange that neither side called the two gay guys mentioned throughout proceedings. Fairly certain they could've cleared up either way the intent of both parties. Was a hash-up by the CPS from the start - took them ages to decide to charge so they clearly knew they were struggling to have enough evidence to convict anyone involved anyway (the lad being given no case to answer halfway through the trial shows that). If it hadn't been someone high-profile involved I doubt it'd have got to court.

This.

Yeah, Stokes probably was lucky, but the way things played out it seems that the CPS didn't think they had much of a chance anyway.

Wonder what the ECB do now with their own disciplinary proceedings?

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

This.

Yeah, Stokes probably was lucky, but the way things played out it seems that the CPS didn't think they had much of a chance anyway.

Wonder what the ECB do now with their own disciplinary proceedings?

I suspect they'll come down hard on the pair of them, especially after the actions of Hales were called into question during the trial.

I think the fact Stokes and the other lad shook hands in the dock after the verdicts says it all by the way. What a waste of time and money.

Edited by Voll Blau

Part of Stokes defence was that he had to keep going even though Hales (I think) was yelling at him to stop, because he had to ensure the threat was stopped!

What threat? Left a guy unconscious with a fractured cheekbone ffs, I don't think that counts as "reasonable force". Looking at the CCTV footage, the two victims were backing away from Stokes. 

Guest MattP

Jury cleared them both in just three hours as well, what a waste of time and money for all involved, not to mention we missed our best player for an Ashes series.

Guest MattP
16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

They didn't even give a statement to the police either did they?

The whole case seems a bit of a shambles, the CPS appears to be a complete joke these days.

Edited by MattP

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Jury cleared them both in just three hours as well, what a waste of time and money for all involved, not to mention we missed our best player for an Ashes series.

We'll never know Matt but I reckon we would still probably have lost with him in the team anyway.

The waste of time and money is hard to disagree with, that's for sure.

This is a pretty strange example to use but I've seen cases on the likes of Judge Judy where two blokes have a fight and one comes of worse and she just shrugs and says 'someone always comes off worse in a fight, what do you want from me?' Whilst that's pretty simplistic and you don't want to advocate chaos on the streets, there's a point to it if it happened the way Stokes said it did. Big if though.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

We'll never know Matt but I reckon we would still probably have lost with him in the team anyway.

The waste of time and money is hard to disagree with, that's for sure.

Oh I still think so as well.

Not having him does massively upset the balance of the team though.

Although the ECB should take most of the flak.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

They didn't even give a statement to the police either did they?

The whole case seems a bit of a shambles, the CPS appears to be a complete joke these days.

That's is a dereliction of duty from the police if they didn't take a statement from them.

The cynic in me might think a statement from them wouldn't have helped the prosecution case.

Just now, MattP said:

Oh I still think so as well.

Not having him does massively upset the balance of the team though.

Although the ECB should take most of the flak.

No doubt about that. With him on form, we're twice the team. Seems like a huge statement but I believe that.