Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Just now, Max Wall said:

I'm guessing the Root dismissal wasn't good from the comments on here. Despite that, Pandya deserves his 5 for, great spell of bowling from him.

They’ve been really good in all fairness to them. Class spell. But only Indians will say that Root was out there. Says it all. 

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

No, what a stupid review. Clear as day he’s hit that  

Root was never out, clearly didn’t carry. Nice to see no integrity or spirit of the game from the Indians. Expect no less though to be fair. 

I wouldn't say clearly as it was quite close lol

Nice to see a big generalisation from you though about no integrity or spirit. Not as if England would never have appealed that either of course. 

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I wouldn't say clearly as it was quite close lol

Nice to see a big generalisation from you though about no integrity or spirit. Not as if England would never have appealed that either of course. 

Only a generalisation if you’re an Indian fan :thumbup: Can’t deal with the truth, sad. Wasn’t close whatsoever. 

28 minutes ago, Bert said:

Only a generalisation if you’re an Indian fan :thumbup: Can’t deal with the truth, sad. Wasn’t close whatsoever. 

If you say so. I can deal with the truth thank you very much. We just have differing versions of it. I think I've said before on here that India team of old had some characters in it and were much worse than the current crop of players. Hence its a massive generalisation that you think every Indian player is a 'cheating bastard' lol

If you can't see that in what you say then there's no point discussing it any more with you. Other England fans on here are decent and genuine and can actually discuss cricket properly. Rather speak with them than you cos you can't see past your own thoughts about India :thumbup:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If you say so. I can deal with the truth thank you very much. We just have differing versions of it. I think I've said before on here that India team of old had some characters in it and were much worse than the current crop of players. Hence its a massive generalisation that you think every Indian player is a 'cheating bastard' lol

If you can't see that in what you say then there's no point discussing it any more with you. Other England fans on here are decent and genuine and can actually discuss cricket properly. Rather speak with them than you cos you can't see past your own thoughts about India :thumbup:

Well I can. But you think what you want to think, carry on with your bleed blue hashtags lol and pretending to be an itk. Have a very good understanding on cricket and know the game very well so I don’t need you to tell me about my feelings on the game. But I’m glad you’ve somehow managed to pick out that I’ve said EVERY Indian is a cheat lol even though I haven’t. 

A few tips,

Dont take everything so personal, don’t take life too serious and learn to chill out a bit. 

We can’t all be as arrogant as you. 

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well I can. But you think what you want to think, carry on with your bleed blue hashtags lol and pretending to be an itk. Have a very good understanding on cricket and know the game very well so I don’t need you to tell me about my feelings on the game. But I’m glad you’ve somehow managed to pick out that I’ve said EVERY Indian is a cheat lol even though I haven’t. 

A few tips,

Dont take everything so personal, don’t take life too serious and learn to chill out a bit. 

We can’t all be as arrogant as you. 

Arrogant. Okay Bert. Pretty sure that label has been aimed at you as well in the past. Takes one to know one eh! 

You made a couple of generalisations. How do you not see that? 'cheating bastards'. 'only Indians will see that Root was out'. 

Why do you care what I tweet - why does that bother you so much lol

I think you'll find I'm quite chilled out and don't take life at all seriously (too laid back for my own good actually). Cheers for the advice though. Much appreciated. Next time I have trouble in life I'll come to you. Thanks :) :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Arrogant. Okay Bert. Pretty sure that label has been aimed at you as well in the past. Takes one to know one eh! 

You made a couple of generalisations. How do you not see that? 'cheating bastards'. 'only Indians will see that Root was out'. 

Why do you care what I tweet - why does that bother you so much lol

I think you'll find I'm quite chilled out and don't take life at all seriously (too laid back for my own good actually). Cheers for the advice though. Much appreciated. Next time I have trouble in life I'll come to you. Thanks :) :thumbup:

Ohhh you are rattled! Love it.

Yeah, I’m probably the most arrogant person the world! That’s why I can say that you’re arrogant... 

Its my opinion. So you can’t tell me that it’s right or wrong or even that it’s a generalisation. 

Anyway, congrats on wining this test, fully deserved. Excited to hear your latest rehashed ITK news in the winter. :thumbup: 

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Told you four days was optimistic @StanSP :ph34r:

lol

I was just about to say what's the odds on 307 runs and 6 Indian wickets falling again today lol happened last 2 days. 

Obviously unlikely as I suspect we'll be comfortable and satisfied with another 150-200 to give us a lead if between 450-500. Although with 3 days left I can see us putting on a mammoth score to chase down just because there's so much time to play with. 

Edited by StanSP

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

lol

I was just about to say what's the odds on 307 runs and 6 Indian wickets falling again today lol happened last 2 days. 

Obviously unlikely as I suspect we'll be comfortable and satisfied with another 150-200 to give us a lead if between 450-500. Although with 3 days left I can see us putting on a mammoth score to chase down just because there's so much time to play with. 

I think you'll declare after tea tonight. Probably with another 170 odd on the board.

I think you could declare now and be fine to be honest.

16 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Suppose it will make the last 2 tests interesting..

Yep. Was beginning to worry about my 2 days at the oval - could be tasty now!

On a cricket point this is karma for the defenestration of Curran who did more than enough to retain his place and the craven decision to recall Stokes.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

lol

Beyond Root and Cook, there's really no one who can play a long, defensive innings. Stokes, Bairstow, Woakes, Jennings and Buttler have all scored centuries before but rarely when looking to save the match. I can't imagine India still batting by the close. If you're not bowled out, I'd expect you to declare at tea or just after.

To be honest, if England are 450 odd behind, the best thing they could do is throw the bat at everything and hope Stokes, Root or Buttler produce a miraculous innings. That's not a view I'd normally advocate but I simply don't see this England 11 defending their way out of that type of deficit. 

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

Beyond Root and Cook, there's really no one who can play a long, defensive innings. Stokes, Bairstow, Woakes, Jennings and Buttler have all scored centuries before but rarely when looking to save the match. I can't imagine India still batting by the close. If you're not bowled out, I'd expect you to declare at tea or just after.

To be honest, if England are 450 odd behind, the best thing they could do is throw the bat at everything and hope Stokes, Root or Buttler produce a miraculous innings. That's not a view I'd normally advocate but I simply don't see this England 11 defending their way out of that type of deficit. 

Hmmmm, interesting plan but by contrast I'd argue this gives them a great opportunity to actually try and learn and improve their defensive abilities. We're unlikely to get whatever India set, so why not go out with the mindset of wanting to prove everyone wrong after the first innings. Be as boring as you can, leave anything you don't need to play at and just see how long you can stay out in the middle for. Even if we end up getting bowled out in the end, I think the public will appreciate our order showcasing a bit of grit. Attack is the best form of defence sometimes, but if it doesn't come off people tend to only remember whichever shots end up costing you your wicket.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Hmmmm, interesting plan but by contrast I'd argue this gives them a great opportunity to actually try and learn and improve their defensive abilities. We're unlikely to get whatever India set, so why not go out with the mindset of wanting to prove everyone wrong after the first innings. Be as boring as you can, leave anything you don't need to play at and just see how long you can stay out in the middle for. Even if we end up getting bowled out in the end, I think the public will appreciate our order showcasing a bit of grit. Attack is the best form of defence sometimes, but if it doesn't come off people tend to only remember whichever shots end up costing you your wicket.

I totally agree but they won't do that. They've had so many opportunities to in the recent past and still haven't really even attempted it. They'll get out to a mish mash of edges and mistimed drives, as they usually do. That's really the only reason I think they should attack from the off as there's probably more chance of doing something that way (though it's an extremely long shot).

I'd love them to show grit and lose by batting out a day and a half and being 260 for 9 after 135 overs (but all evidence is to the contrary). It would show that they're capable of a long rearguard action which could be useful if they're chasing 300 in a day and a bit in the future. I just don't see it happening as I really don't think they're capable of it. 

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

I totally agree but they won't do that. They've had so many opportunities to in the recent past and still haven't really even attempted it. They'll get out to a mish mash of edges and mistimed drives, as they usually do. That's really the only reason I think they should attack from the off as there's probably more chance of doing something that way (though it's an extremely long shot).

I'd love them to show grit and lose by batting out a day and a half and being 260 for 9 after 135 overs (but all evidence is to the contrary). It would show that they're capable of a long rearguard action which could be useful if they're chasing 300 in a day and a bit in the future. I just don't see it happening as I really don't think they're capable of it. 

Yeah, I agree with you that they're probably incapable of it - but they're never going to learn and build on these kind of experiences if they don't try. Again though, with this squad they'd probably see implementing such a negative game plan as an admission of defeat anyway and end up getting out in half the time.

• Like 1